Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Whats going to happen in Jan ?

Lets face it  , most of the posters  are looking to January   for  the great miracle to begin ! 

It will be the first test of Grants  acumen  in choice of players to get rid of , and players he brings in .

It will also  reveal   the boards ( not Delia`s! )   response  to Grants requirements  ......

So ,  lets hear it from you lot   , what do YOU think is going to happen in Jan ?  I`ll  stall on my comments  right now  [:D]

Bear in mind that Grant`s on record  as saying he`s got no intention  of waiting to the last minute   before he makes his moves ........

Well Sheded, I think...

The only way any players leave are if they have a club to go to, or want to move on. We won''t be cancelling any contracts, so it wouldn''t surprise me if no players left before June (would be good to loan a couple of youngsters out though).

As for bringing in, we will have a new goalkepper, be it Camp or someone else. Chadwick will also sign permanently. I think we will then try to get a couple more players in, one of which will be a midfielder ( I really hope). Then maybe a striker and/or defender.

I don''t expect any £1m signings. But I do think we''ll bring in some good quality players for reasonable fees that will compliment what we have...

Who are these mystical beings? No idea, don''t ask me... [*-)]  

I think players will arrive. It will be the quality of player we can attract that will be the worry. Whether it be the lack of funds or wages or just the fact that we won''t be in any position to mount an assault on promotion players of the quality we need will be hard to find. The last thing we need is another Hughes/Robinson/Etuhu.

As for players out I see only one possible departure. Earnshaw. I hope what he says about wanting to stay is true. And maybe it is. But will we turn away that big offer if it comes.

As for any more departures I just can''t see it. Who would want the players that we don''t want. Maybe Safri might attract some interest and it seems he is having trouble making his face fit at CR now Grants in charge.

This is not another moaning doom and gloom reply to a post. Just my honest thoughts.

OTBC

I think we will see at least three new faces plus Camp and Chadwick signing on their permanent deals. I don''t know who the players will be but I believe we will spend approximately £2M. I don''t think Earnie will be leaving unless we get a bid of over £5M.

I do believe Grant when he says he will get the players in as early as possible, I am hoping the majority are actually already "done deals" (Camp and Chadwick almost certainly) so we don''t get into any auction/stalling tactics from the selling clubs.

And, yes, I am ever hopeful !!!!!!!!!

Mark .Y.

PG sems to be talking to other clubs already - that''s a good sign, because buyers have to be quick off the mark in January and they have to give the selling club time to find replacements.Having said that, I have the impression that money will be very tight, and that while we may have the "four new faces", i.e. excluding Chadwick and possibly Camp, I shall be very surprised if there are any "big" signings.I will settle for promising players and rebuilding for 2007/08. Since we are being financially very cautious, we should forget about qualifying and concentrate on the medium term. Worthington has left us with so little that even if we did qualify there would be no funds to or time to build a team to stay in the Premiership. Even Hux lacks the potency he had.We have to be patient, and build securely. I expect PG to sign Camp, and Chadwick, and to bring in 3 or 4 others, from Scotland and lower divisions. We may have heard and enthuse about one, say, but the others will be youngsters with potential. This is what I hope, as well.

[quote user="sheded"]

Lets face it  , most of the posters  are looking to January   for  the great miracle to begin ! 

It will be the first test of Grants  acumen  in choice of players to get rid of , and players he brings in .

It will also  reveal   the boards ( not Delia`s! )   response  to Grants requirements  ......

So ,  lets hear it from you lot   , what do YOU think is going to happen in Jan ?  I`ll  stall on my comments  right now  [:D]

Bear in mind that Grant`s on record  as saying he`s got no intention  of waiting to the last minute   before he makes his moves ........

[/quote]

I''m expecting a cold snap to move in from the North in early Jan....with snow on high places. We can also expect some sharp frosts at night due to a high pressure....but sunny by day. Mean temperatures average for the time of year...........[:)]

what''s going to happen in January?

well I guess we will all suffer from post Christmas depression, the weather will be bad, probably very wet and un-seasonably mild, my mortgage will go up, many people will give up their new years resolutions, England will lose the ashes badly............ oh and there might be some footy on! all those muddy pitches, orange balls (or is it yellow nowadays?) and players wearing gloves. I guess we''ll do as well as we usually do around the festive time of year too, the players need to cut down on the turkey this time, I blame Bernard Matthews.

Besides Chadwick & Camp, I reckon there''ll be one signing & a couple of loans.

If there''s more, great, but I sincerely hope that Grant isn''t too patriotic in his pursuit of Scottish cast-offs who bench-warm in a League division that mainly consists of  teams that would still struggle to reach the 2nd Round of the Texaco Cup. [:D]

dunno if we will get Camp permanently....

Chadwick is a done deal.

we need a center back, a left back to pressure Drury, 2 Midfielders and a striker.

Get to work Grant!

jas :)

I think cureton would be cheap enough and will always score goals hated it  when he left us.Would like to see russell come back as well we definateley need some one in midfield to work his socks of like russell does.Cant see stoke wanting him out though.Would do a swop for robinson or etuhu anyday.mark noble has always impressed me when i have watched him.Centre backs is a tough one would like to think we can afford the lad from spurs who we had on loan a while back his names left me at the moment.Izale mcleod would be nice but i think with the others players needed might work out a tad expensive a lot of clubs have been after him and for some reason he is still at m k dons got to be something behind this one wage demands to high or possibly   they are asking silly money.

January?

We have a pathetic but long established record of not winning matches in January at this club. Almost unbelievably the only Jan league match we''ve won at any level in the last five seasons was Sheff Utd 3 years ago.
 That''s 12-15 points we dont even seem to have competed for 5 years in a row.

New signings or not, PG needs to break this tradition which I see is the first viable yardstick by which to measure the man against his predecessor.

I have no idea how many players we will see come in but I am sure the priority will be to get players in with the following qaulities, strong and quick and I am convinced that footballing ability will not be the biggest requirement.  We have enough qaulity in our wide players, McVeigh and Earnie, what we need is players in midfield to hold the teams shape in the centre, if that means a couple of grafters with a bit of ability that''s fine.  I imagine we will also go after a target man and a centre back with a bit of pace.  Any signings will not be big names.

It will be interesting to see what we have come February though.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]I think more will happen than we are used to         [/quote]

Failing a UFO landing at Carrow Road in our next home game, I can''t imagine what?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

dunno if we will get Camp permanently....

Chadwick is a done deal.

we need a center back, a left back to pressure Drury, 2 Midfielders and a striker.

Get to work Grant!

[/quote]

SPOT ON MATE......but what we need and what we will get imho will be 2 different things....

CAMP....CHADWICK ....AND 1 OTHER IS ABOUT ALL WE WILL GET....

I really hope i`m wrong but we shall see..........

[quote user="Cluck in Boots"][quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

I''m expecting a cold snap to move in from the North in early Jan....with snow on high places. We can also expect some sharp frosts at night due to a high pressure....but sunny by day. Mean temperatures average for the time of year...........[:)]

[/quote] Nope Cluck , a high will stay over Iceland for a week which will bring in a strong north wind from the artic with snow showers , before the high pressure moves over sweden which will bring in wind frosts by day and by night .

If its not that chicken man (cluck or sumit) making me laugh in this topic, its certainly you.

Ralph Wrong''s Right!

Our record in January is pathetic and that''s just the League games nevermind some of our recent cup exploits! Over the last five season''s the league record is:  P17  W1  D7  L9  F18  A34.

The only really memorable games have been two 4-4 draws, away to Rotherham in our promotion season and the unforgetable Middlesboro game in the prem.

This season we travel to Palace and Burnley and have home games against Plymouth and Wolves. There''s a good chance to improve on our January record with those fixtures, but will we????

Very little will happen in Jan too much of our money is going into the hotel

FOOTBALL must come first at Carrow Rd and the board must remember we are a FOOTBALL club.

[quote user="Brian Burrell"]

FOOTBALL must come first at Carrow Rd and the board must remember we are a FOOTBALL club.

[/quote]

none of our money is going into the hotel.. its owned and managed exclusively by Holiday Inn.. we make no profit from it at all!!!!

[quote user="Brian Burrell"]

[/quote]

I just don`t believe that  the hotel is  anything but an investment  !   like the proposed  residential  development  for 350 apartments  on the riverside  , and Delia`s restaurant ,  all  are  , potentially , profit making ventures ........so whats wrong with making a profit ?   

Coming back to the football side of things  , Don`t imagine , for one minute ,   that NCFC plc  aren`t  well aware  of the consequences  of failure  to get back into the prem this season !    with a present wage bill of  , what ? , £10 M   ?    another season in the champ   will  see a drastic  reduction in players wages  ( with rats deserting  enmasse  ! ) ,   with the obvious probability  that the club will have to  rely  increasingly   on non football income   to pay players wages .........       with THIS scenario in mind  , I would say that  the club  WILL push the boat  out  for a s**t or bust   go at getting the players  in to get us back into the prem  ......    if nothing else , its  in the same league as the hotel  , nothing ventured ...... nothing gained  !

Making a profit on the pitch is far more importent. A waiting list for season tickets, a full house every week and the only place the club can have more seats they build an hotel? Just goes to show what the board (and now our new manager) really thinks of the (true) fans

[quote user="Brian Burrell"]Making a profit on the pitch is far more importent. A waiting list for season tickets, a full house every week and the only place the club can have more seats they build an hotel? Just goes to show what the board (and now our new manager) really thinks of the (true) fans[/quote]

Isn`t the plans for more seating area already underway ?   don`t forget that a 150  bed hotel   has the potential of  daily profit  . a lot of which goes into  the clubs coffers  , whereas the stadium seats  MAY be fully occupied only once a week  IN SEASON   , with the income  drastically  eaten into by extra policing , staff  , etcetc 

Putting all your eggs in one basket   is a well known recipe  for  disaster  if it all goes tits up !   IF the club  fails to get into the prem this season  , then , surely  , sales of season tickets will drop , gates will go down ( so much for the extra seats ! )    players on high wages wont accept a cut  in wages  , so off they go .......   and , before you  know it  , the club will be in league one !   ........   meanwhile , Delias restaurant , the hotel , the riverside apartments  will still be bringing in cash   to keep the club solvent   ......... 

Careful Brian... you just used the t*** word when talking about the fans... they won''t like it.........................

[li]

[quote user="sheded"]

[quote user="Brian Burrell"]Making a profit on the pitch is far more importent. A waiting list for season tickets, a full house every week and the only place the club can have more seats they build an hotel? Just goes to show what the board (and now our new manager) really thinks of the (true) fans[/quote]

Isn`t the plans for more seating area already underway ?   don`t forget that a 150  bed hotel   has the potential of  daily profit  . a lot of which goes into  the clubs coffers  , whereas the stadium seats  MAY be fully occupied only once a week  IN SEASON   , with the income  drastically  eaten into by extra policing , staff  , etcetc 

Putting all your eggs in one basket   is a well known recipe  for  disaster  if it all goes tits up !   IF the club  fails to get into the prem this season  , then , surely  , sales of season tickets will drop , gates will go down ( so much for the extra seats ! )    players on high wages wont accept a cut  in wages  , so off they go .......   and , before you  know it  , the club will be in league one !   ........   meanwhile , Delias restaurant , the hotel , the riverside apartments  will still be bringing in cash   to keep the club solvent   ......... 

[/quote]

Sheded... the hotel profit doesnt go into the clubs coffers... Holiday Inn bought the lnd from the club.. they are the only ones to make a profit.... the Hotel will have absolutley no financial benefit to us atall...

I personally think it will be there 2-3 years then move....

The nelson hotel is around the corner... with ample Parking and facilites... what does the Carrow Hotel offer???no parking (Remember, the car park beind the ground is used on matchdays by supporters), and what facilities will the Holiday inn hotel (which is small by their standards) offer that the Nelson (closer to the train station and reasonably priced) doesnt?

Holiday inn will pull out and there will be an empty shell tacked onto the ground which we will then need to purchase (again!) before we can demolish/develop it!

same with the appartments... the developers have purchased that land.. each appartment sold means they get the money... the club makes not a penny now.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

Sheded... the hotel profit doesnt go into the clubs coffers... Holiday Inn bought the lnd from the club.. they are the only ones to make a profit.... the Hotel will have absolutley no financial benefit to us atall...

I personally think it will be there 2-3 years then move....

The nelson hotel is around the corner... with ample Parking and facilites... what does the Carrow Hotel offer???no parking (Remember, the car park beind the ground is used on matchdays by supporters), and what facilities will the Holiday inn hotel (which is small by their standards) offer that the Nelson (closer to the train station and reasonably priced) doesnt?

Holiday inn will pull out and there will be an empty shell tacked onto the ground which we will then need to purchase (again!) before we can demolish/develop it!

same with the appartments... the developers have purchased that land.. each appartment sold means they get the money... the club makes not a penny now.

[/quote]

Sadly I think you''re right here Jas. IMO both the development land and Hotel land were grossly undervalued. I would also have thought that leasing the land to Holiday Inn would have generated an annual income close to the seven figure mark.

I didn`t know  that ,  doesn`t seem like  good business   to  sell off prime land  !  [:$]

Facts not correct guys.The hotel deal involved the club having a stake in the hotel (I forget how much), so we will get a share of any profit the thing makes.I think the land may be on a 99-year lease also - would be daft to sell the freehold to what is basically part of the ground! The hotel group got a decent deal because the club retained freehold ownership of the land and a stake in the business.Can Archant pull out the relevant article on this deal?