Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Chris Martin

do we finally have a realistic prospect of an academy player rising through to be a star in the first team, i know he''s young but every academy report i read this lad seems to score or star in the match, its interesting to read that Peter Grant was watching the match as well, everyone knows our squad is paper thin, so any other thoughts on this lad as a potential star? weve heard it countlessly with shackell, henderson, jarvis (both) and recently spillane and other then shackell none have so far stepped up although i was fairly impressed with spillane last year

anyone seen him play more then 2 or 3 times to get an average report of his ability?

Please Peter, give Martin and Spillane a chance.

When i''ve seen Martin in the occaisonal youth and reserve game martinhas always looked very good. He played in a attacking midfield role and looked good and now it appears he''s doing the  business as a striker. Has to be a better option than lightweight mcveigh, and i''d rather give him a chance than Jarvis who just doesnt look good enough.

Team for saturday, (if croft is fit, dublin is out, and doc and flem are fit.)

Gallagher

Colin          Doc      Spillane      Drury

Croft      Etuhu      Safri      Hucks

Martin    Earnshaw

SUBS:  Lewis, Fleming, Robinson, Thorne, Eagle

I''ve seen Martin in a couple of reserve games and he has looked very good. Especially in the 4-0 win against Luton, Ryan Jarvis was also in the team for this game but was totally outshone by Martin.

It is a big step up into first team, but a place on the bench, coming on for last 15-20 mins would do him the world of good.

Have watched Chris Martin quite a lot very good player imo.  He is quite tall and a decent build.  I think he would be a better prospect than Jarvis.  He is a very committed player who is not afraid to get stuck in .  He does have an eye for goal as well, even when playing from Midfield. 

he done it again last night, even though we lost 3-1, sounded like he played quite well up in newcastle and got another goal and had one cleared off the line... with henderson off to rotherham , is there a chance he might get given a place on the bench?

[quote user="apprentice"]Have watched Chris Martin quite a lot very good player imo.  He is quite tall and a decent build.  I think he would be a better prospect than Jarvis.  He is a very committed player who is not afraid to get stuck in .  He does have an eye for goal as well, even when playing from Midfield. [/quote]

everyone was saying this a few years ago about Jarvis... no doubt we wil lbe lambasting Martin for his poor showings when never being given a decent chance (ala Jarvo) in a few years too?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="apprentice"]Have watched Chris Martin quite a lot very good player imo.  He is quite tall and a decent build.  I think he would be a better prospect than Jarvis.  He is a very committed player who is not afraid to get stuck in .  He does have an eye for goal as well, even when playing from Midfield. [/quote]

everyone was saying this a few years ago about Jarvis... no doubt we wil lbe lambasting Martin for his poor showings when never being given a decent chance (ala Jarvo) in a few years too?

[/quote] I don''t think anybody has every said Jarvis is a committed player who is not afraid to get stuck in.  Christ is totally different type of player to Jarvis but imo much better suited to the Championship

Hey I like the sound of this Christ fellow lets sign him up! Perhaps with his father''s influence we may make the playoffs!

;)

[quote user="apprentice"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote] I don''t think anybody has every said Jarvis is a committed player who is not afraid to get stuck in.  Christ is totally different type of player to Jarvis but imo much better suited to the Championship[/quote]

christ would be a good addition to the squad! might need to trim his beard first though to prevent him falling over it!

gotta be a better bet than old man Thorne or that lardbucket ''phat'' boy McVeigh...

Hopefully the new chap will start Saturday, and yer jarvis/martin/spillane types given a go

Gallacher

Colin Dublin Shackell Drury

Croft Safri Etuhu Hucks

Brown Erny

bench:
lewis
martin
jarvis
spillane
the doc

as thorne and mcveigh are on their way sooner rather than later f***  ''em...

A couple of the youngsters particularly Spillane had nightmare games at St James Park on Wednesday. Newcastles Andrew Carroll completely dominated Spillane and he was responsible for two of the goals so I do not think all the hype is correct. Chris Martin deserves a opportunity as do a couple of the others,but Spillane looks like his lack of games and a long pro contract have taken away his edge-sound a familar story . We need hungry players all the way through the club and I do not see many.

I also wish Ryan Jarvis was not regarded as a youngster he is a man who has had opportunities and failed to impress off load him and lets start again and stop giving overated boys long contracts so they think they have arrived. 

I rate Martin very highly - he has great potential. It would make me very happy if he is granted (sorry!) a first team appearance. Even if its only a cameo as I''m sure he''ll get a huge boost from the crowd reaction. Eagle has had his turn, let Martin have a go!

OTBC!

Personally i don''t rate Chris Martin at all. In fact i think all Coldpaly are crap and their songs are pointless meandering![:D]

[quote user="whoareyou"]Personally i dont rate Chris Martin at all. In fact i think all Coldpaly are crap and their songs are pointless meandering![:D][/quote] His wife isnt bad though!! I know her name - just cant spell it!!![:D]