Sign in to follow this  
LeedsYellow

Missing....

.... has anyone seen our midfield!?  Good battling performance from our defense but so far midfield have gone missing... reckon they''ll be getting a rollocking at half time... just not trying hard enough.... Etuhu should be making his mark on this game....

[quote user="LeedsYellow"]Good battling performance from our defence [/quote]

You''re obviously listening (or watching) to a different game to me.

We haven''t got any defence

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="LeedsYellow"]Good battling performance from our defence [/quote]

You''re obviously listening (or watching) to a different game to me.

We haven''t got any defence

[/quote]

no we have no midfield, our defence had too much to do, totally outplayed in the middle of the pitch

[quote user="LeedsYellow"]

Etuhu should be making his mark on this game....

[/quote]

Maybe he would of done if he wasn''t having to carry Robinson and Hughes.

Hughes is poor but at least makes an effort. Robinson is a disgrace.

Week in, week out Robinsons comes along for the ride and contributes nothing.

Robinson must go before Hughes - Or even better in the same taxi!

Spot-on Marty... the defense battled well and kept us in it in the first half (i.e. when I posted the above comments).. things went from bad to worse in the second half and we looked dire.

I would tend to agree - with Etuhu, Robinson and Hughes, supposedly "hard" men, we may as well have a bunch of pensioners in the centre midfield. You cant blame the back 4 for a lazy midfield (although I occaisionally emabarrased with some of Doc''s clumsiness).The midfield is a shambles.

Robinson is so lightweight i doubt his fairy feet touch the ground. I can''t believe he gets in the team week after week. Just proves how dire our squad has become thanks our board of Scrooges.

Hughes is just pants but tries harder.

"Robinson plays well for Wales" no.. he doesnt.. a Rubbish player in an Atrocious Welshh team (with 1 or 2 exceptions) is going to look good isnt he?

Robisnon is overwieght, Clumsy, plods and seems incapable of hitting the ball in even a straight line! im willing to bet im a better football than him and i would be willing to put that theory to the test aswell!

jas :)

haha, it might seem that way and although his performances are awful, that fact that he is one of the best footballers in the country (i.e being a professional footballer as a career, top 2-3% of people that play football) means he''s probably better

then again i aint seen u play! ask mr grant for a trial

I agree with Leeds and Marty - the lack of midfield was the sole cause of our defeat today, and has been the cause of our problems from a season and a half now. 

We finally have a right flank solution - but a ball winning and passing midfielder are the two key requirements - and ones who can take on two opponents effectively -rather than the shower of three we saw today who lost out to an average town pair. 

Why does everybody suddenly excuse Etuhu from critisism when it comes to our dreadful midfield? Take a look at Ipswich`s first goal and see him in dreamland as Legwinski runs by him into the box. This shows part of the reason that he`ll never be good enough to play at the top level and struggles in this one. Just because the manager is trying to boost his confidence by telling anybody who will listen how good he is, we don`t have to believe him you know.

[quote user="LeedsYellow"]

Spot-on Marty... the defense battled well and kept us in it in the first half (i.e. when I posted the above comments).. things went from bad to worse in the second half and we looked dire.

[/quote] I disagree. Ipswich''s failure to score kept us in it during the first half. The defence were continuously backing off, not marking players and giving Ipswich far too much room to play. They also kept hoofing it downfield rather than trying to play it out of defence and consequently, with the midfield playing badly anyway, the ball just kept coming back! Against a better attack we should have been about 4-1 down at half time.

imagine playing in a back line where the ball comes back so quickly it feels like its never left,our midfield 5 are a mess,the defence does back off but be fair they where under the cosh for the whole game,no shape no passion no idea

have to agree 100%. Etuhu disappeared after the opening period after burning himself out doing his own work and that of both Hughes and Robinson. why are they both still at the club. Huckerby looked decidedly sluggish and have to say Earnshaw was largely anonymous. as for the so called defence, where were they. is it a coincidence that after two good results, the Doc returns and we resort back to the leaky, powder puff defence of earlier this season? hurry up January!!

[quote user="charlies dad"]Drury must be exhausted. He spent Sunday carrying Huckerby on his back for 90 minutes.[/quote]

Yeah it was good to see Huckerby following Grant''s instructions and shouldering more defensive duties!