Sign in to follow this  
Mud Man

Younger Players

One important difference about Grant in his few weeks at Norwich is that he is turning up and watching the Youth Team players. That is a marked contrast from Worthington, who (1). never turned up to watch the youngsters and (2) said at the beginning of the season he couldn''t see any youngsters pressing to get into the first team. Didn''t exactly encourage them, did it.

The lack of opportunities for youngsters is a real issue. Henderson and the Jarvises obviously have talent but haven''t developed as much as we or they would have wanted. Why not? There didn''t seem to be a great deal of communication between the various coaches. Hopefully that is changing. Shackell, at last, is being given a good run.

I know that Tottenham and Man Utd have been watching our youngsters recently.

[quote user="Mud Man"]

[/quote]

How do u know this? where is your proof?

jas :)

Poor guy! His first post and we bombard him with questions and treat it like a press conference! [:)]

Has anything changed?

Worthington played youngsters at Rotherham and left them out at Plymouth on the Saturday. Grant played youngsters at Port Vale and left them out at Stoke on the Saturday.

No change so far.

grant did not play youngsters at port vale at all! ryan jarvis was the only one and eagle came on, that is hardly playing the youngsters is it?

[quote user="baldyboy"]grant did not play youngsters at port vale at all! ryan jarvis was the only one and eagle came on, that is hardly playing the youngsters is it?[/quote]

Only in as much as they are young and they played.

PG was very dissmissive in his after match interview, he said ''that only leaves me with the kids''. Although he did say that a  bright spot was Eagles performance.

I think he knew when he took the job what the state of the squad is and he must have outlined his plans at his interview well enough to impress the Board and Dave Stringer, give him time.

I''m intrigued as to what he''s going to do on Tuesday.

I met the Man U scout at Colney at Under-18 match. An agent told me he had also seen a Spurs scout at one of the Academy home matches.

The Academy has to produce a string of young players at a club like Norwich, as that is a major source of income if a player makes it. However, if the manager says at the beginning of the season he can''t see any youngsters from the Academy coming through, how does that make them feel. If they have any ambition at all they will start looking elsewhere. Hopefully, Grant has changed the perceptions of Academy players. We have a good U18 team which has gelled quickly and plays in the traditional Norwich style of quick, short passing.

As has been noted elsewhere, Henderson and the Jarvises haven''t developed as they should have, given their international pedigree. The fact that they have been youth internationals means it is a failing of coaching and management at Norwich. The guys have the potential, but Norwich''s system failed to help them fulfil it.

not sure if the system has failed them here or this is just a sign of the times, a kid gets his first contract,in reality he has done stuff all ,but struts around the place like he is the dogs,before too long he has fallen back to the pack,you cant say hendo has not been given a run,he has shot himself in the foot,the crowd has not helped,but he just went backwards,as for the jarvis''s,ryan should have bust a gut soon as leon left if he had anything in him at all,enough said there ,and rossi has to be the biggest non event in the clubs history

it has to be up to these boys to have the desire to force themselves in to the team,once there its then about working even harder to stay there,posts have gone on about crowe and how we let him slip through the net, but by all acounts he was a cocky little bugger that didnt want to listen,knew it all,what we have is a group of kids too soft to work,as with the current state of our first team ,if they cant see a few really telling run outs in the reserves and they have a shot at the big time ,then they are not lacking ability they are lacking inteligence

[quote user="Mud Man"]

[/quote]

Tottenham scout for this area used to live in Aylsham so no doubt that is true I believe they are always watching our youngsters.  I should think Man U and others have regional scouts that watch the regions youngsters.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

well the expierienced heads have been awful so far...   no need to name names....

what an appallingly small squad worthington has left us with.

[/quote]

Paul - he''s gone. Leave it alone.

[quote user="Mud Man"]

As has been noted elsewhere, Henderson and the Jarvises haven''t developed as they should have, given their international pedigree. The fact that they have been youth internationals means it is a failing of coaching and management at Norwich. The guys have the potential, but Norwich''s system failed to help them fulfil it.

[/quote]

Daryl Sutch was England under 21. Ok he played a lot for us but was never the greatest player at the club! The point I''m making is just because you play for England at youth level, doesn''t necissarily make you Wayne Rooney!

[quote user="Bruces Header"]

Daryl Sutch was England under 21. Ok he played a lot for us but was never the greatest player at the club!

[/quote]Hey, don''t dis Sutchaldinho! [;)]He played in every position for us iirc.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Bruces Header"]

Daryl Sutch was England under 21. Ok he played a lot for us but was never the greatest player at the club!

[/quote]

Hey, don''t dis Sutchaldinho! [;)]
He played in every position for us iirc.
[/quote]

cant remember him up front Herb... Rob Newman on the other hand... Englands number 1 chants rang out at Bramall lane when Gunny was sent off once!

jas :)