Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Fight! Fight! Fight!

is he? [;)], i dont know him that well!!!. sorry couldnt resist, am in abit of a funny mood this morning lol. but i know what you mean, its hardly a recipe for success is it Delia, see what i done there [:)].

I think the most interesting thing about it is that Neil Doncaster had to talk to the press about it and not Nigel Worthington.

3 threads on the subject, any more for any more ?

You''ll get this in any situation where competitive people are involved in physical contest, training games are such places.  Ljungberg and the other Swede, plays for aston villa, with the beard, they''re always having training-ground bust ups, but nobody calls the Swedish world cup sides a laughing stock do they ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

You''ll get this in any situation where competitive people are involved in physical contest, training games are such places.  Ljungberg and the other Swede, plays for aston villa, with the beard, they''re always having training-ground bust ups, but nobody calls the Swedish world cup sides a laughing stock do they ?

[/quote]

I dunno... when punches are involved in bust ups at other clubs it is quite funny!

Wasn''t it Dyer and Bowyer actually on the pitch a couple of years back!! [:D]

[/quote]so its ok for players to be competitive and care enough to physically vent their feelings upon each other - and not be a classed as a laughing stock, but its not ok for supporters to protest peaceably and show their feelings about the situation at carra rd? you can''t have it all ways blah.

Agreed blah - it happens and more frequently than we mere mortals get to hear about; was Leon and Damo the last publicised city one? A laughing stock for this disagreement? Not at all.

As I said before he curious thing for me is that it made the national media...  

I can''t have it any ways LGT.  We all know that the Carrow Road bridge is going to collapse under the sheer weight of protest on Sunday, after all...

[quote]I doubt it seeing as the protest isn''t going over the bridge[/quote]

Ah HA !  But that''s because they know the bridge wouldn''t take the sheer stress ! ;)

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I can''t have it any ways LGT.  We all know that the Carrow Road bridge is going to collapse under the sheer weight of protest on Sunday, after all...[/quote]

It certainly has no problem taking the weight of the Worthy supporters.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

It certainly has no problem taking the weight of the Worthy supporters.

[/quote]How would you know?

Ah HA !  But that''s because they know the bridge wouldn''t take the sheer stress ! ;)

[/quote]

"Ah HA" . . . blah, are you Alan Partridge?  You are, aren''t you . . . why does that not surprise me?

A superb riposte, Herb, I don''t know how you come up with such wit week after week.

Diddums - poor old Worthy going, is he.... 

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

"Ah HA" . . . blah, are you Alan Partridge?  You are, aren''t you . . . why does that not surprise me?

[/quote]

Urgh, does that mean I''ve slept with Courtney Love ?

* shudders *