Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Who do you NOT want as manager?.

I''ll start it off:

Martin Hunter: As 1st team coach, he''s part of the problem, although he''ll be the cheap option, so could be favourite with the board!!.

David O''Leary: Another Irish failue. What is it with Delia and Irishmen?.

Iwan Roberts: I love the guy and I don''t him want to ruin my image of him.

I dont want an inside appointment. I dont want a former fans favourite. I dont want Hoddle, Reid or robson. PLease, please, please Delia. dont muck this one up.

A Deehan/Megson "dream team"......

Hoddle,

Robson,

Souness,

Barry Fry,

Newell,

Reid,

Taylor,

Keegan,

Actually there''s quite a few when you think.

My sporting bet for the post is Alan Pardew who I feel is the right calibre for our club, both footballing wise and personally and who I''m convinced, will be parting with the new West Ham Junta sooner rather than later.

My only hope is that the board differentiate between "High Calibre" and "High profile".

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

David O''Leary : Another Irish failue. What is it with Delia and Irishmen?.

[/quote]

Bet you wouldn''t be complaining if  Martin O''Neill had been appointed.

A big NO to Robson,Hoddle,Robson, O''Leary,Megson,Robson and Hunter, and if i''m honest bringing in a former fans fave would be a mistake, we need as big a name as we can get (Curbs) but in all honesty as long as they can give the team the necessary kick up the but i''ll be happy, Please not Robson!!!.

Anyone that talks about hard work and fitness players but doesn''t pick players that could clearly make a difference.

How long was it before Safri was picked in the premiership?

What was wrong with Paul McVeigh last year?

Definitely not:

O''Leary or  Robson.

1. Any Old player with no coaching experience
  2. Any member of the current coaching staff
  3. Bryan Robson
  4. David Doh Leary
  5. Glenn Hoddle
  6. Kevin Blackwell
  7. Joe Royale

I think that covers any likely applicants.

not a former player or fans favourtie or someone from in the club and not robson, blackwell, reid, souness

i would like curbishley or tilson or newell or pardew if he gets fired by west ham

Basically any well-known manager who is without a club at the moment! So many clubs are without managers at the moment that out-of work managers are either taking a break, like Curbishley, or are not rated elsewhere. The latter may want too much in salary in any case.I fear that our only sensible options are internal promotion, taking a risk on an "unknown" or "unproven", (in Hunter''s case it''s the same, and Bowen?), or else biting the bullet are paying compensation to a manager experienced in lower divisions, (a manager from Premiership or Championship probably wouldn''t want to come, and would probably cost too much.).I don''t envy the Board their task with limited funds. I hope that it will be one of the younger managers recently successful.