Sign in to follow this  
mighty yellow

Michael and Delia's statement, STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Delia has finally spoken about the current situation at the club. However I am still not satisfied. They have simply decided to release this statement to try and keep us happy. It does hint around the fact that the next two games could seal Worthy''s fate, but I''m not interested in possibilities.

All I want is a simple statement of ambition, for example; we want x amount of points by January, or we need to be in x position by January. But no, all we get is we hope he can rectify things. You say the fans deserve more, well I feel we deserve more from YOU Delia!

Well its good enough for me - it says in no  uncertain terms what they expect form the team and manager  - they could not win really could they - whatever they would have said there would be persons that would not be happy with it

At least now we have something to throw at them if we lose both games. Lose and he''s out, simply. But i do feel we will get something against Burnley but then lose to QPR. So will we then be back at square one?!

[quote user="NavMan"]Well its good enough for me - it says in no  uncertain terms what they expect form the team and manager  - they could not win really could they - whatever they would have said there would be persons that would not be happy with it[/quote]

I think the statment they have issued is fine. It is clearly stating that things must change quickly (next 2 games) and it isimplying that if they dont action will be taken. It is reassuring the fans that they are concerned and that worthy is under pressure.

From the statement i believe that anything less than 4 points from the 2 games will mean he''s a gonner. If we lose on sunday i reckon he''ll be fired to give us the international break to find someone else. Even if we beat burnley, a dismal showing at QPR could signal the end.

Well Done Delia

P.s. Dear Nigel, I thought you werent under any pressure?

what happens tho if we win our next two then lose another four? too little, why not bite the bullet and sack him now! although they could be testing if he will resign, but that wont happen either!!!

I don''t think we could have expected anything more than this to be said. This is as close as it comes to saying that the manager is under serious pressure to get it right or he''s out! At least Delia has responded to the fans and hasn''t just buried her head in the sand.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

[quote user="NavMan"]Well its good enough for me - it says in no  uncertain terms what they expect form the team and manager  - they could not win really could they - whatever they would have said there would be persons that would not be happy with it[/quote]

I think the statment they have issued is fine. It is clearly stating that things must change quickly (next 2 games) and it isimplying that if they dont action will be taken. It is reassuring the fans that they are concerned and that worthy is under pressure.

From the statement i believe that anything less than 4 points from the 2 games will mean he''s a gonner. If we lose on sunday i reckon he''ll be fired to give us the international break to find someone else. Even if we beat burnley, a dismal showing at QPR could signal the end.

Well Done Delia

P.s. Dear Nigel, I thought you werent under any pressure?

[/quote] I agree with you Matt, I think the fact that there is a statement at all says it all. Some have said shouldn''t it be a vote of confidence (as a prelude to a sacking) but that came last season, this year is different - we simply cannot waste another season and the board know it.  I also don''t see any problem with the phrase  "expect the situation to be rectified".  In the context of the other phrase which talks about success for the club that has to mean two wins, nothing less, especially against Burnley at home and QPR away - no side in this league should expect success this season without 2 wins from those 2 fixtures.

However, things are never completely balck and white, and 2 really strong performances and 4 points might just save the day. 

I think its EXACTLY the kind of statement that needed to be made.

If we dont perform well in the next 2 games there is no way they cannot remove Worthy, they would look very stupid after making such a statement.

It would have been easy to issue an apology and said "we hope things improve the rest of the season" THEY DIDNT, they drew a line in the sand.

Well done Delia and Michael for showing some backbone.

can''t please some people, if they hadn''t of said anything they would get accused of doing nothing and when they do speak out people still whinge about it.

It amused me why we were all so grateful to Delia for pumping in her ''hundreds'' when the club was in financial turmoil.  Wouldn''t any of us have done the same given half the chance though? Yes she has brought ''status'' to the club, but where I live all people do is take the piss and I''m totally jarred off with the ''Lets be avin'' you'' chant echoing around the bar! Got a nice restaurant out of it all though hasn''t she?

I say we all write to Milan Mandaric and beg him to come to Carrow Road to sort this shambles out.....then find us a nice Russian Mafia chairman to take over later. Glasnoski and all that.

Worthington.... Get him out for Gods sake and get our club going forward again.

The brief and limp statement from Delia shows how weak the board is and how ''frightfully'' feminine the tactics up there are. "Well.....he''s such a nice chap and makes a wonderful souffle''".  It took me ages to drive down to Plymouth to watch that bowl of tripe.....and what seemed forever to drive home.  So Delia.....your statement seriously lacks the punch running right through the club these days......and as with all businesses courage starts from the top.  If you are so lilly livered in the boardroom....don''t expect fireworks on the pitch.  It ain''t gonna happen.

GET WORTHY OUT........NOW!

Muffins anyone?

[quote user="cluckin-nora"]

It amused me why we were all so grateful to Delia for pumping in her ''hundreds'' when the club was in financial turmoil.  Wouldn''t any of us have done the same given half the chance though? Yes she has brought ''status'' to the club, but where I live all people do is take the piss and I''m totally jarred off with the ''Lets be avin'' you'' chant echoing around the bar! Got a nice restaurant out of it all though hasn''t she?

I say we all write to Milan Mandaric and beg him to come to Carrow Road to sort this shambles out.....then find us a nice Russian Mafia chairman to take over later. Glasnoski and all that.

Worthington.... Get him out for Gods sake and get our club going forward again.

The brief and limp statement from Delia shows how weak the board is and how ''frightfully'' feminine the tactics up there are. "Well.....he''s such a nice chap and makes a wonderful souffle''".  It took me ages to drive down to Plymouth to watch that bowl of tripe.....and what seemed forever to drive home.  So Delia.....your statement seriously lacks the punch running right through the club these days......and as with all businesses courage starts from the top.  If you are so lilly livered in the boardroom....don''t expect fireworks on the pitch.  It ain''t gonna happen.

GET WORTHY OUT........NOW!

Muffins anyone?

[/quote]

So what exactly was she meant to say? As wanting Mandaric, why, so we can be like Chelsea? who wants to pile loads of cash into out club and rip out it''s heart and sole?

As for being a little miffed by the p*ss taking you get about her comments, I suggest you get a slightly thicker skin, most people manage to have a laugh about it, do you have a sense of humour?

Why moan about her restaurant, after all she is a business woman too, why begrudge her that? Sends like some sort of jealousy to me. She has put money into the club (not 100’s like you said, a hell of a lot more) and for that we should be grateful. She has a passion for the club and has helped in her own way, of course she may not be the best equipped person when it comes to running a football club but there are plenty more out there with maybe more expertise that are not doing very good jobs. 

The problem is, and I didn''t highlight it well enough, is that the ultimatum is far too short term. We all know that if we win 2-0 on Sunday, we''ll get a first teamer then next day saying the win was for the fans, one saying it was for Nigel, then it''s back to square one. I feel we may be being conned again, though I might be wrong...

Marty.........my skin is very thick I promise you. As for a sense of humour?  Well....I think my comments were very tongue in cheek on the whole. Who then lacks a sense of humour?

I do however completely disagree with this apparent reverential view of Delia.  Since she took over the club has become extremely ''poncey'' I''m afraid and any team and boardroom steel diminished.  We should judge people by performance rather than reputation......and Delia and co are priviliged to run the club we support. Credit where it is due.....but also brickbats when it aint. It aint too clever right now......nor has it been aside from the flukey promotion year.

My comment on the restaurant?  Just to state that her involvement isn''t just about loving the club.  I''m in business too so I know the score there. Capitalism and all that.......but don''t come the ''nun'' and plead only devotion to the Canaries from the heart....it is very much a business to her too.  We do the devotion bit by buying tickets to repeatedly watch utter tripe being performed by her products. If it were a meal we soon would take it back and complain. For season ticket holders it is like ordering a years worth of meals without knowing the quality of the cooking. Only a mug would do it.

Mandaric?  He took a club far worse off than Norwich and got it where it is on a shoe-string compared to Chelsea. Wheeling and dealing.......not wingeing on about who they can''t buy or borroww. Prior to Portsmouths'' current expenditure, very little in transfer funds were paid out by Redknapp and they stayed up....meanwhile we were getting hammered.  So...Chelsea? No thanks. Ambition? Yes please.

Regarding the ''heart and soul'' element......improvement need not involve any ''ripping out''....just an input of good Norfolk values such as guts and determination would help.........plus less spin and patronisation by Mr.Unworthington.

Marty said: "As wanting Mandaric, why, so we can be like Chelsea? who wants to pile loads of cash into out club and rip out it''s heart and sole?"

What heart and soul??  I see none in the playing staff, none in the management and Jobs for friends from the board.  We are being run like a small family buisiness with friends in jobs no matter how poorly they perform or how badly they affect the club.

What is wrong at Portsmouth?? So they dare to challenge the big guns? Good on em... about time too.

Milan seems a keen football person to me, he loves the game and I would welcome him into our club with open arms. 

I do not moan about anthing Delia has done for the club or her restaurant, but if she and the board cannot seperate her personal life and friendships with important decisions at the club then there is a real problem.

Nigel would have been sacked by now at EVERY OTHER CLUB IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WITHOUT QUESTION.

And for all those who have said they would not like Mandaric to have anything to do with our club, I was reading my local evening paper (Pompey Evening News) last night and there were many many letters published from Pompey fans thanking him for his time at the club.

This is a guy who, when his team performed appallingly away in his early days, didn''t just make a statement about his disappointment but actually did something about it. He refunded all the travelling fans costs and then tried (but didn''t succeed) in stopping the players wages for that week - he is very passionate when he gets involved in things. Doesn''t always come across brilliantly in the press/on TV but he doesn''t care about that. All he cares about is doing the best job he can for his club.

Mark .Y.

"who wants to pile loads of cash into out club and rip out it''s heart and sole?"

Marty, I can''t decide - either you can''t spell "soul" or that was a pun about cooking, worthy of our friend Mello Yello!

Think i''ll be a Burnley fan for the day on Sunday. Sometimes you need to be brutal and losing at home to a poor side should signal a swift exit for the idiot no matter how many positives only he sees with the post match Worthy Bull**** Bingo

Sometimes you need to lose the battle to win the war and it''s always darkest just before dawn

Not certain why everyone on here (inc me) thinks we should beat Burnley anyway - aren''t they unbeaten away from home and better than us (based on league pos).

Come on you clarets!

[quote user="jetstream"]"who wants to pile loads of cash into out club and rip out it''s heart and sole?" Marty, I can''t decide - either you can''t spell "soul" or that was a pun about cooking, worthy of our friend Mello Yello![/quote]

I''m not in the same league as the punmeister himself. To be good with puns you must read them regularly, in other words the newspapers / magazines I read are too highbrow! although I am not implying that Mello has a subscription to the Sun, Star, Nuts and Viz!

I hope the Worthy Out protests still go ahead on Sunday. At the moment Worthy is merely a wounded beast, perhaps a few thousand people calling for his head at the Burnley match will help persuade the board to deliver the final coup de grace.