Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

If you could have any ex player...

...in the team today who would it be? Nice simple question that hopefully won''t degenerate into another "Worthy Out/Worthy In/I''m a better supporter than you" type thread.Anyway back on to the question I''d have to go for Eadie. Think we all know how great he was and he''d be great competition for Earnie I reckon = )

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]David Beckham ;) well he did have a school kid trial here![/quote]I''d completely forgotten about him, but you''ve got a point he did have a trial and turned out to be quite a good player lol

got to say Eadie wouldn''t be in my top 20 if I could have 1 player it would be Fleck. Determination, passion and quality.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]got to say Eadie wouldn''t be in my top 20 if I could have 1 player it would be Fleck. Determination, passion and quality.[/quote]I probably started going to games at just the wrong time when it all started going wrong in the mid-nineties so missed out on all the greats of the past so my choice is based purely on the players I''ve seen. This leads to me choosing a player who probably wasn''t up to the same sort of standards as those who played for us before my time = )

Ian Crook

Never before have I seen a midfielder at Carrow Road who can pass a ball onto a sixpence from distance.

Hughly creative and constantly set our strikers up with goals; we lack a midfielder who can do this, although Safri goes a small way in filling his shoes. Crook was also great at set-pieces. Never know why he didn''t play for England.

Scored the odd goal himself as well.

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]David Beckham ;) well he did have a school kid trial here![/quote]

actually he didnt.. confirmed in an interview with 4-4-2 magazine a few months back.

Id only pick players that ive actually seen.. Fleck (Pre Chelsea), Eadie, Ekoku, Sutton, even Newsome at the back...

jas :)

Kevin Keelan - supreme in goal      OR

Martin O''Neil - fire and passion in midfield        OR

Martin Peters - World Cup winning guile in midfield       OR

Ron Davies - classiest ever City striker....and most effective    OR

OR......OR.....OR.....OR......OR.......................................................OR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear. How the mighty are fallen.

Wake up Delia - your sights are not high enough. 

OTBC     

After yesterday, Steve Bruce.  The best centre half I''ve ever seen wear the Norwich shirt, even if he isn''t the most likeable chap.

I''d have to say Ruel Fox, as many years have gone by since he graced the turf of Carrow Road. In times before and after him no one has excited me so much. When he got the ball and ran at defenders, you knew he was going to do something special. Ruel was small enough to jink his way around players tying them up in knots. His link play with his great friend Chris Sutton was magical.

While the current set up remains we will never see Europe again, let alone the Premiership!

Ruel Fox was a football Genius!

when I was a boy id always try to emulate his little Jinks and tricks and fail miserably! quite how he never turned out for England ahead of "internationals" like Geoff Thomas or Andy Sinton will forever remain a mystery.

Jas :)