Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

How have West Ham brought Tevez and Mascherano?

http://home.skysports.com/transferarticle.aspx?hlid=413424

There are a few things very dodgy about this transfers:

Corinthians brought the pair for around £20 Million and the actually fee West Ham payed for the two are......£500k each! When Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea asked for a valuation of the players they were quoted around £20 Million for Tevez and £15 Million for Mascherano.

Also the actually contract is confusing....they have been signed permantly, but only for a year...and the company who own the rights to the players, there MD has put in a takeover bid for West Ham???

It all sounds very fishy to me, I can''t make head nor tail of it!

West Ham are signing the players from Media Sports International whom hold the players registrations and whom are taking over west ham.  Hence they MSI don''t want the club whom they are buying to have to pay them money.  MSI will get the valuations of the players when sold, or will use it to directly invest the money into West Ham.

At a guess anyway.

It sounds as though their purpose is to get the players into the shop window so that a club with money to burn will come in for them.  Not necessarily in the UK either, because once they''re on Sky they''ll be seen all over the world.  The power of telly, eh.

What interests me is whether Pardew''s control over picking the team will be compromised.

Also, whether what MSI have done is legit, and if it isn''t, whether the football authorities will do anything about it. 

The way I see is as so:

MSI own the players "rights" and tried to tout them to Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal but none of them were prepared to pay £15-£20 for players than are unproven in European or English football.  MSI then "sell" these players to West Ham for £500k but still retain the rights meaning all future transfer fees go to MSI.

After a good year in the Premiership and playing in the Eufa Cup it is more likely that MSI will get the prices they are looking for from Chelsea etc.  The biggest transfer fees at present are those between two English clubs.  Van Nistelroy left Man U to Madrid for £10m but when Spurs were interested the price was £15m.  It makes good sense on the part of MSI to show the bigger clubs what''s on offer if they are unsure.

The deal with West Ham has been set up purely to sell the players again in a years time. Despite West Ham''s claim they have not become a "feeder club" they have become a shop window.

MSI have two major investors - a iranian chap and a russian chap. the russian chap was started off by abramovich. paddy power have mourinho as 7/2 to be west ham manager before end of season

Agree with Saint.

Not sure how accurate this is, but I hear Abramovich has a bit to do with this MSI group, so dont be surprised if they move on to Chelsea eventually. Pardews comments about "if a right price came in" seem to suggest he realizes this.

[quote user="Rossi"]MSI have two major investors - a iranian chap and a russian chap. the russian chap was started off by abramovich. paddy power have mourinho as 7/2 to be west ham manager before end of season[/quote]

Ladbrokes have Tevez to be a chelsea player next season at 2/1, and a west ham player at 5/1...

I know what their doing isnt illegal but does any one here feel that football is becoming more corrupt by the day, there not even being subtle about it now, which in my opinion means some thing has got to give, you cant keep having these blatant flouting of the rules/sportsmanship and expect no consquences, i just wish people would start asking questions of the FA and Premier league, they wont do any thing until such time.

[quote user="KidCanary"]I know what their doing isnt illegal but does any one here feel that football is becoming more corrupt by the day, there not even being subtle about it now, which in my opinion means some thing has got to give, you cant keep having these blatant flouting of the rules/sportsmanship and expect no consquences, i just wish people would start asking questions of the FA and Premier league, they wont do any thing until such time.
[/quote]

I agree Kid, they''re taking the piss.

I''m sure we can rely on the same people who appointed Sven to sort it out . . .

[quote user="KidCanary"]I know what their doing isnt illegal but does any one here feel that football is becoming more corrupt by the day, there not even being subtle about it now, which in my opinion means some thing has got to give, you cant keep having these blatant flouting of the rules/sportsmanship and expect no consquences, i just wish people would start asking questions of the FA and Premier league, they wont do any thing until such time.[/quote]Actually it could be potentially illegal if there is a conflict of interest. Personaly I think the FA should make it clear that a player can only transfer along with his registration. This means that the registration must be held by the club and not someone acting on their behalf or a third party.Otherwise the situation can be to easily compramised. It is unfair on the players, the fans and the clubs envolved.For example what happens if the third part faces bankrupcy and the players dont want to move? Jose was banging on about slavery but surely this is a far better example than whether or not a player has retired from international duty or not.I think the FA should do something about this otherwise you will have all sorts of third parties investing in players registrations like they are race horses!

the way im lookin at it is a  ''perminant'' loan deal, WHU paid £500k each for the privilage of having them for a season from MSI, and at the end of the year if someone wants to buy MSI may sell them, if not they will repeat the deal with WHU. so it kinda works like a re-occuring loan until someone wants them for real. but i have to agree with the NFL comments etc, its stupid, companies will effectively ''own'' players and charge fee''s for there service for ''X'' number of years or until they get a better offer, its like having a football team that dont play games or anything, and will surely end the days of clubs looking to make an investment purchase of a player I.E Ashton and eventually kill transfers as they exsist.

And of course the other problem is that as part of the deal both players are guaranteed first team footbal, I can see that may upset one or two people, I note there is a rumour going round that Reo Coker was angry that WHU did not tell him that Arsenal bid £15m for him, not saying the two items are related. WHU now have 6 strikers (Cole, Ashton, Tevez, Harewood, Zamora and Sheringham), and Tevez is guaranteed to get a start, Carlton Cole on loan anybody!!?? (although I understand Watford are after him so we would probably lose out again)

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

And of course the other problem is that as part of the deal both players are guaranteed first team footbal, I can see that may upset one or two people, I note there is a rumour going round that Reo Coker was angry that WHU did not tell him that Arsenal bid £15m for him, not saying the two items are related. WHU now have 6 strikers (Cole, Ashton, Tevez, Harewood, Zamora and Sheringham), and Tevez is guaranteed to get a start, Carlton Cole on loan anybody!!?? (although I understand Watford are after him so we would probably lose out again)

[/quote]Cole is a good shout but no doubt other clubs will be thinking the same as you point out SOB.