Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Get us another goal scorer.

Not enough attacking threat. No away goals again. Good piont I guess but sould be beating teams like Derby. Get us some power up front.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Not enough attacking threat. No away goals again. Good piont I guess but sould be beating teams like Derby. Get us some power up front.[/quote]

An away point at teams like Derby isn''t bad!

do not under estimate teams like Derby, they have a good squad and a good manager, they will do well this year. I went to the game and think we were unlucky not to get all 3 points, but these games are not simple. 

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Not enough attacking threat. No away goals again. Good piont I guess but sould be beating teams like Derby. Get us some power up front.[/quote]

[/quote]If you saw the game today you wouldn''t be saying that! We should have won easily in the second half we dominated and only due to Earnie firing blanks did we not win. Should have brought Mckensie today, we would have won if he had played. Derby aren''t that good really, relegation material if you ask me if they keep playing like that and we should have all three points today.

[/quote]

certainly isn''t. winning at home and NOT losing away is enough for promotion ;-).

No but Earnie had about 5 good enough chances today, he hit most of them over and a few were skied horribly over the bar. Has to work on his finishing. Watching the game, i kept wishing we still had someone like Ashton in his place. Earnie is quick but not really fitted to that position.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]No but Earnie had about 5 good enough chances today, he hit most of them over and a few were skied horribly over the bar. Has to work on his finishing. [/quote]His record says otherwise. Look at it this way, they''re misses in the bank. Over the course of a season, Earnie doesn''t miss all that many. Give him time and he''ll make us proud, and maybe have a hand in us dancing in the streets come May!C''mon Earnie!C''mon City!

According to Neil Adams, Leon asked not to be included today as his head wasn''t right, confirmed by Worthy who said hes very disappointed with him.

didnt Derby hit the post today?

As for Erny,  we need backup.  One striker isnt going to get you promoted.  If he gets injured we are buggered.

Problem is how to tempt a good player here, when we are playing one up front and Erny is the main man.  Leon has left for this reason, I can''t see a GOOD (ie 1-1.5 million pound man) signing to sit on the bench.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

didnt Derby hit the post today?

As for Erny,  we need backup.  One striker isnt going to get you promoted.  If he gets injured we are buggered.

Problem is how to tempt a good player here, when we are playing one up front and Erny is the main man.  Leon has left for this reason, I can''t see a GOOD (ie 1-1.5 million pound man) signing to sit on the bench.

[/quote]The bar actually, gallager came flapping for a cross left the goal wide open luckily came back off the bar and into his arms. And I think its a bit presumous to think that Leon has already left.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Middle of the Road"]

[/quote]

If you saw the game today you wouldn''t be saying that! We should have won easily in the second half we dominated and only due to Earnie firing blanks did we not win. Should have brought Mckensie today, we would have won if he had played. Derby aren''t that good really, relegation material if you ask me if they keep playing like that and we should have all three points today.
[/quote] If we should have won easily then that makes it worse cos thats points droped so I say even more reason to get somebody else to stick it away

2 Words

Freddy Eastwood

and i understand that NW is a fan of him. I dont know wether worthy would go after him as a direct replacement for mckenzie or as the so called ''targetman'' which he isnt. I reckon if we get eastwood we dont need anyone else.

[quote user="Sir Quinny"]not sure we need to - everybody seems to forget the goal scorin quality of Mr Jarvis[/quote]I assume thats a joke

Foghorn, could you please post up your claim about Thorne''s supposed £8000 a week wages as you stated in " Before I tell you, would you be disgusted if you found out it was true? " ?

Jarvis should be released from the club to pursue his career at a lower level where is lack of pace and strength won''t hamper him so much

no - all he needs is a good run and the goals will flow - has quality in abundance - playing him and giving him the chance to back my belief could just save us having to pay £1.5m to convinve a decent striker to come here and not play every game

He has nothing to offer a club looking to obtain promotion to the premiership. If he had he would be playing regularly now. He should be as fit a strong now as he ever will be. He is never going to make the grade at this level.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Foghorn, could you please post up your claim about Thorne''s supposed £8000 a week wages as you stated in " Before I tell you, would you be disgusted if you found out it was true? " ?[/quote]

I wouldn''t hold my breath if I were you. This is a typical tactic. They say anything in an attempt to make the club look bad, but when anyone challenges them on it they fail to back it up. City Angel is the worst at this - whenever she is challenged you just get a long list of Worthy''s bad signings (which incidentally, until recently included Etuhu and Colin).

There is a tiny minority that will say anything to discredit Worthington - they won''t let the lack of truth or evidence put them off. Fortunately, most of us are on to them now!

Peter Thorne was on £10,000 a week at Cardiff, he took a small wage drop when moving to Norwich City, that is where the £8000 a week generally bandied around when talking about Thorne comes from.

As for Colin, he has still got a liong way to go to prove he is even up to this level of football yet, he looks OK but is no Edworthy yet.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Foghorn, could you please post up your claim about Thorne''s supposed £8000 a week wages as you stated in " Before I tell you, would you be disgusted if you found out it was true? " ?[/quote]

I wouldn''t hold my breath if I were you. This is a typical tactic. They say anything in an attempt to make the club look bad, but when anyone challenges them on it they fail to back it up. City Angel is the worst at this - whenever she is challenged you just get a long list of Worthy''s bad signings (which incidentally, until recently included Etuhu and Colin).

There is a tiny minority that will say anything to discredit Worthington - they won''t let the lack of truth or evidence put them off. Fortunately, most of us are on to them now!

[/quote]

You seemed odsessed by me but I do wish you wouldn''t make it up as you go along!!

Don''t think Ive ever mentioned Colin in a post, if I''m wrong show me!!!!!!!!!

we do have other strikers but at the moment we are playing 4-5-1 so only use 1, I think the system is working so far but it would be nice to see a big target man come on near the end of the game, but it will be at the expense of a midfielder. Maybe Jarvis should be given a go.

he''s appeared in over 30 games.One good goal does not make him a quality goalscorer.

Are you on about Earnshaw? if so he has a track record of scoring goals wherever he has been. There are better looking srikers out there that will have far worse goal scroing stats than him. Alhtough I admit he looks a little rusty.

[/quote]Yes it all very easy to back Worthington now he''s doing well. Although for me, I still disagree with alot of his tatical desisions and the lack of signings from the summer we are still very much understrengthed and will suffer eventually for it, if it is not sorted. Oh well at least he finally woke up and stopped drury taking those god awful corners.