Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Who are ya!!!!!??????SIT DOWN?????

After last nights game I decided to do some maths. My season ticket cost me £344 per season or £14.95 per game or, and most importantly, nearly 17 per minute. Now why is that you may ask. Well, I sit on the end of a row which is great for leg room but also means I go up and down like Hucks on the wing whenever any tom, dick and harry (they might even be their names actually..........) turns up late, goes to the bog, wants to talk to his mate or, and most importantly, decides to get a coffee at half time or leave early. There is one guy who, assuming pays the same as I do, is missing the point a bit of saving money with a season ticket. Here goes....he always turns up 5 minutes late, the moment the screen turns to 41 he is off like a shot to get a coffee and he will come back 2 minutes into the second half  cradling a pie / crisps / coke before leaving on 87 minutes (missing at least 3 mins extra time as well). Believe me, if you had to stand up and down as much as I do you would start to note these things, I spend half the game on my feet and I am not even part of the Barclay "I''ll stand until you hit me with a big bat Mr Officer, ITS TRADITION" club!! So this guy anyway must miss at least 14 minutes per game with his antics which is £2.38 a game or £54.74 worth of his £344 per season or 16%.

Bloody expensive habit this half time coffee / miss the rush habit eh? I wonder if I am cursed by you whoever you are?

I know exactly where you are coming from! These people are so frustrating, why bother going?!

The ones that really get on my nerves are the ones who decide to leave for whatever stupid reason, then something on the pitch takes their interest so they stop right in front of me! (I''ve only got a stairwell in front of me, no seats). I''m so tempted to kick them down the stairs, lol.

Anyway thanks for giving the biggest laugh I''ve had all week! [:D]

BB

I had no idea that having a season ticket worked out so cheaply.  I paid 27 pounds last night as a casual, I might have to think about getting one ! 

Not only that, but the bloke you mention is actually missing the period of the game most likely to produce goals, the last 5 minutes.  The university of warwick in association with the times newspaper did some stat analysis on distribution of goals at football matches, it shows that the least likely time to score is in the first 5 minutes, and the most likely is in the last 5.  Dull, but true !

Some people have to get away early as they have fair distances to travel and do not want to be caught up in traffic (If you have ever been in/seen the traffic leaving the County Hall car park you will knoiw what I mean), that person may actually be saving money as they will not be burning fuel sitting in a big traffic jam!! 

[quote user="Hayden"]

After last nights game I decided to do some maths. My season ticket cost me £344 per season or £14.95 per game or, and most importantly, nearly 17 per minute. Now why is that you may ask. Well, I sit on the end of a row which is great for leg room but also means I go up and down like Hucks on the wing whenever any tom, dick and harry (they might even be their names actually..........) turns up late, goes to the bog, wants to talk to his mate or, and most importantly, decides to get a coffee at half time or leave early. There is one guy who, assuming pays the same as I do, is missing the point a bit of saving money with a season ticket. Here goes....he always turns up 5 minutes late, the moment the screen turns to 41 he is off like a shot to get a coffee and he will come back 2 minutes into the second half  cradling a pie / crisps / coke before leaving on 87 minutes (missing at least 3 mins extra time as well). Believe me, if you had to stand up and down as much as I do you would start to note these things, I spend half the game on my feet and I am not even part of the Barclay "I''ll stand until you hit me with a big bat Mr Officer, ITS TRADITION" club!! So this guy anyway must miss at least 14 minutes per game with his antics which is £2.38 a game or £54.74 worth of his £344 per season or 16%.

Bloody expensive habit this half time coffee / miss the rush habit eh? I wonder if I am cursed by you whoever you are?

[/quote]

But have you worked out how much it costs you missing part of each match whicle watching that person or persons doing what they do?

I quite agree, I once had a row with an ageing couple who always left their seats in the south stand about 10 mins before the end and blocked everyon''e view as they shuffled out. The row happened ofcourse when we were losing/playing badly so I was in a pretty grumpy mood. Anyway, the week after I felt guilty so I apologised, they explained that they had to get the Yarmouth train, at their age it wasn''t much fun hanging around & after that we were bosom buddies. Also, I do recognise that since the South Stand became the Jarrold Stand, I now leave my seat 1 minute before the end because otherwise, with the inadequacy of the exits, I have to queue 5 minutes to depart. So then, having repositioned myself by an exit, I make as harp one as soon as the ref blows the final whistle. I suppose if all 24,000 did the same it would be mayhem so I''ll accept the slapped wrist. But back to basics, I liked your post it was original, said what a lot of us think & made me chuckle    

I will be one of those annoying fans at midweek games...

My train will arrive at 7:23, which means if it is on time, i will arrive at the game 3 minutes before kick off , which does not leave much room for delays

The Return Journey is at 10pm, which means the latest i can leave is at 9:40, so I will now be praying for no injury time. It is not practical to get the next train - some of us have a life outside of Norwich City Fc

Having been the first game i have been to since Moving to chelmsford, I was amazed at the number of fans on the london train both coming in and going home, and even more amazed at the numbers still on the train after I got off at Chelmsford.

I''m also an end of the row person and for 2 years I''ve had some stupid woman pushing past me at a similar sort of rate as you. You''d have thought that after 2 years she''d have figured out where her seat is but no she still wonders about the stairway looking at her season ticket wondering where she''s got to go.

I know what you mean mate, it was nice to see lots of yellows getting off at Liverpool St, such a shame I got home in Winchmore Hill at 0200 and had to be up for 4 o clock, (sympathy please). Still wouldn''t swap it for anything else.

Anyway I have been smiling all day at work, what a lovely change to come away and be so happy with the Yellow''s, all the nasty people who were getting arrested had a very poltite man today.

Keep it up boys.

Ps, I have a good player we could maybe look at, how about Michael Bridges? worth a shout I thought, not really a target man but hey ho.

Gutted I have lost out on £14 already missing a game because of my broken ankle ! I better be feeling better on saterday ! Although entertaining as it was learning about how much you pay per game I am annoyed now knowing that. And when I get back I will have to endure the end of the row thing aswell but this however works to my adavantage with my broken ankle because at least the leg room will be nice !

Very funny post

What most amazes me though is the revelation that blahblahblah (expert on everything Club-related and Mr Positivity incarnate) does not actually have a season-ticket!