Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

6 Million for Greeno?

Well it seems the nest were right in reporting greens move to charlton, unless the mail got their story from the nest which could have happened i suppose.

The main point of my post is the quoted price

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=7871

Yes, it does say that the mail are reporting 6 million.

I cannot seet his happening, but if we were to get half of that i would be over the moon. 3 million would be a cracking price, but dare to dream for a moment - what could we do with 6 million Stick out tongue [:P]. Hypothetically speaking!!!!!

Did anyone notice whether Green waved goodbye or anything when he was on the pitch yesterday.

6 Million?????? - I thought the mail was respectable and never told lies or exagerated.

We need something for him and we need it quick - the acquisition of at least three-four players to bolster the present squad is vital if we''re going to stand a realistic chance of getting promoted this season.

We''ve made a decent start, but key players like Safri is injury prone, Drury has no cover at left-back if he gets side-lined, the same with Huckerby and most vitally, if Crofty is ever out of the team we''re really stumped.

i was enjoying a loverly cuppa when i ready that in the sunday mail. i was so surprised my tea re-appeared all over said page making it impossible to re-read!

at £6m we should be able to bring in some extra quality and leave half in  the bank for xmas

the question remains though £6m quid? who on earth thinks he''s worth that. IMHO £1m is his value, although i thought we''d get £1.5

Yes, its yet to happen, but i''ve always said with regards to this sutton thing,maybe there''s something in the wind that would change peoples minds!

[quote user="Northern Canary"]Do any goalies cost that much?[/quote]

How i''d love it if we got £6 Million for him, but all i''ve heard is £1.5 Mil.

Jose Reina £6 Mill from Villarael to Liverpool

Petr Cech £7 Mill from Rennes to Chelsea

These goaly are the best in the world, no offence to Green but he isn''t close to the likes of them!

I have heard that before his injury a fee of £3 million had been agreed with Portsmouth, so hopefully we will get the same from Charlton.NO way we will get 6 mill thats complete Ipswich!!!

a million quid ? You are having a laugh !! Green was on the plane for the 2006 world cup before his injury. He is one of the most outstanding goalies in England and has won games for Norwich with his performances, admitidley he was poor last season but I think he is this country''s number 2 . I''d be dissapointed if we got anything less than £3m, £6m is pie in the sky though.

A crocked third-choice international keeper who''s been off-form for the last two seasons - you''re looking at £2m max....

He''s been cr*p and utterly disinterested since midway through the prem season.
Unless they are exceptional (Bouffon, Cech, Schmeichel etc) goalys do not make that much difference and if you can get any decent money for them you should.
Worthy''s not done much right, but £1.5 million would be good business.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]A crocked third-choice international keeper who''s been off-form for the last two seasons - you''re looking at £2m max....[/quote]

Er ..... whens he actually been an international ? 

I`ll be amazed if we get  £700k and a player for him  !  something happened to him  when we got into the prem ,   I wouldn`t like to go into it too deeply , but the sooner he`s  off loaded ... the better !!