Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Birmingham just bid $1.0m for Brian McBride. What say you Delia??

McBride would be ideal for City to play alongside Earnshaw. Big, strong, good with the head, good link-up play. Massively experienced.  Just retired from international football. Desires regular football which he is not guaranteed at Fulham now.

Or try for him on a 3 month loan?

How about it Delia? I am convinced that he could ignite the team and crowd - just like Huckerby did 3 years ago.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

OTBC.

Out of our price range, surely ?  And then there are the wages.  We''re not in the Premiership now, and can''t buy our way out of the Championship.

I personally wouldn''t see it as a good investment.

McBride''s scoring record is hardly any better than McKenzies, and i''d rather have Mckenzies pace than McBride''s heading.

Just my 2 cents.

Good shout.....but as we have been told there isn''t a plan ''c''.

Others who could do a decent job would be Horsfield (Warmock doesn''t want him), Mellor (Would jump at the chance of first team football), Adam Boyd (a link up player who apparently Luton have agreed a fee for and would mean passing the ball), Brooker (Bristol City don''t want to sell him, but if we let Tony Finnegan be his agent he would soon want a move to a higher division).

So with McBride we have just formulated plans C,D,E,F and G. Then there is the option where we pass the ball rather than lumping it forward but guess that is plan Z.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]

Not so venturous that they could keep Jermaine Pennant

[/quote]

6.2 million for a drink-driving trouble maker that they picked up for free, who would probably spend all season whinging and whining about not being in the premiership.  They get to see 4.65 million of that as 25% goes to Arsenal - sounds like a good deal to me.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Ralph Wright"]

[/quote]

6.2 million for a drink-driving trouble maker that they picked up for free, who would probably spend all season whinging and whining about not being in the premiership.  They get to see 4.65 million of that as 25% goes to Arsenal - sounds like a good deal to me.

[/quote]

Birmingham paid 3million for pennant but its still a good profit!

$1m?

Have I missed the changeover from Sterling to USD?

I know we''re little more than the 51st state these days, but can we keep proper money please?

[quote user="YGB"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Ralph Wright"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Birmingham paid 3million for pennant but its still a good profit!

[/quote]

I dunno why I thought they got him for free?  I guess thats 75% of 3.2 million profit then so 2.4 million.  Not bad, especially as they will have the initial 3 million to invest again on top of that.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Out of our price range, surely ?  And then there are the wages.  We''re not in the Premiership now, and can''t buy our way out of the Championship.

[/quote]

Er....if we can''t "buy our way out" of it how do you propose we do it? Perhaps with a manager who will PLAY the youth and has tactical awareness and great man-management skills to get the best out of slightly cheaper players?

Sounds like you''re advocating Worthington''s departure blahblahblah.....

C''mon, every team tries to buy their way out by buying the best players they can afford. If we had £20m to burn we''d buy a Prem-quality squad and get promotion like that.

Brian McBride is a quality striker - I''d be amazed if he dropped down a division and didn''t go to Charlton or similar (and they''d all be mad not to sign him)

[6][quote user="jetstream"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

Er....if we can''t "buy our way out" of it how do you propose we do it? Perhaps with a manager who will PLAY the youth and has tactical awareness and great man-management skills to get the best out of slightly cheaper players?

Sounds like you''re advocating Worthington''s departure blahblahblah.....

C''mon, every team tries to buy their way out by buying the best players they can afford. If we had £20m to burn we''d buy a Prem-quality squad and get promotion like that.

Brian McBride is a quality striker - I''d be amazed if he dropped down a division and didn''t go to Charlton or similar (and they''d all be mad not to sign him)

[/quote]

I believe Keegan got through  some £ 60 M   at Mancity , buying  "prem" players  , and all it got him was  a skid down into the relegation zone !   ....... maybe  he should have swallowed his ego  and let  Hucks play ?

The moral is  .... it takes more than money  to build a team !!  [ that is unless you spend squillions  , like chelski  ]