Sign in to follow this  
oh huckerby

transfer budget!!!

it most certainly looks that way doesnt it. what a despicable way to run the club.

If it does the Board should hang their heads in shame and leave with the Irishman.

I believe that the club was hoping to get as much as 2 million for Green to boost the transfer budget.

We have wasted so much money on loan players and journeyman players.

this does bring up just how bad our manager is,perhaps the naf signings he has made is as much down to the little choice he has ,as just about all his targets are out of his price range,and i dont mean transfer,it has to be wage demands as much as anything else,worthy has been trying to get a target man and a winger for quite a while so perhaps he feels a cheap alternative is no alternative and he would be better served giving his youngsters a crack,for a couple of these kids its make or break time, jarvis snr and hendo if they fail to break this year have to be close to the door with other kids comming through ,so it might be best to have a real look at both of them and give them a 10 game run and if they have not shown enough by then that has to be there lot,mind you its a huge risk the club would be taking as if this does fail, then seasons over for another year,and just how long are we going to get sell out crowds when we are not even close to the play offs?

it is interesting that worthy points out the ashton deal and how we may well have stayed up if the board had shown faith and a bit of guts before the start of the season rather than when it was almost too late

It is looking more and more like this is the case! As has been said, this is a shocking way to run a football club! Sure, we all expected Greeno to be off this summer, before the injury, but the Board should be running the club with the expectation of keeping our best players, not selling them on to fund other transfers! Slowly but surely, the Chase era is returning...

[quote user="USAcanary"]I believe that the club was hoping to get as much as 2 million for Green [/quote]

Two million what - pence ?

No offence people but other than Chelsea, Real Madrid etc who''s transfer budget is not by affected by player sales?

We have a budget for transfers, even if it''s not as much as Worthington wants.  Naturally if a player is sold then Nigel will get more money to spend and this is no different to any other club.  We have a budget so it is not dependant on player sales but no doubt it would increase that budget.

No tears for me when Green leaves - whatever the fee. He doesn''t want to play for Norwich City anymore, so the quicker he moves on the better.

Maybe Wigan will pay over the odds for him? They''re good at that, though Green is only worth £2M in Monopoly money. Unlike 3 years ago...

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]it most certainly looks that way doesnt it. what a despicable way to run the club.[/quote]

I agree.  Greeno''s transfer falling through should not have been an insurmountable problem.  Any club with the slightest scrap of ambition would have made up the shortfall from the parachute payment. 

[quote user="mystic megson"]

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]it most certainly looks that way doesnt it. what a despicable way to run the club.[/quote]

I agree.  Greeno''s transfer falling through should not have been an insurmountable problem.  Any club with the slightest scrap of ambition would have made up the shortfall from the parachute payment. 

[/quote]

What transfer falling through???  I don''t recall ever reading that a transfer had been arranged or fell through?

This is all based on assumption.  Assumption that a transfer had been arranged already for Green and assumption that said transfer was to form most our own transfer budget.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="USAcanary"]I believe that the club was hoping to get as much as 2 million for Green [/quote]

Two million what - pence ?

[/quote]

I said the club were hoping!

I thought he would go for 1- 1.5 million.

After all, we bought Hughes for 500K and Birmingham sold Heskey for over 5 million.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

What transfer falling through???  I don''t recall ever reading that a transfer had been arranged or fell through?

This is all based on assumption.  Assumption that a transfer had been arranged already for Green and assumption that said transfer was to form most our own transfer budget.

[/quote]

There is some circumstantial evidence to support it, namely that Tim Howard has recently gone to Everton on loan.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There is some circumstantial evidence to support it, namely that Tim Howard has recently gone to Everton on loan.

[/quote]

I stand corrected - the fact that Everton loaned Tim Howard two weeks before Green got injured is very strong evidence that Everton had agreed a transfer.

[quote user="huck tastic"]No our transfer budget relies on how many Tesco vouchers we can collect...[/quote]

That is a complete lie!  Everybody knows that the offer made for Steve Howard was in Nectar points!