Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

Etuhu saying farewell

According to ncisa''s website, Etuhu is on his way to Sheff Weds.

With other rumours surrounding thorne to county, isnt this proof of worthingtons poor signings of late??

I dont get this, Etuhu has quality and was just starting to show it, now we are selling him?!?! He has promised to repay our faith and was beggining to but if we dont show him any faith and ship him out how can he repay it, he could be a fantastic player I see him as a replacement for Damo and think its a disgrace that we would sooner sell him than Robinson or Hughes, sick.

Oh I forgot, he had a shot from outside the box against Wolves, of course he was going to be sold!

The "Nigel Worthington if he leaves" post has just become A for me.

In the E.d.P it says Wednesday have shown an interest in Etuhu. I really do hope Etuhu hope remains a Norwich player. I think Etuhu has a future with Norwich rather unlike certain others. By an other club wanting Etuhu it means that he is obviously rated enough to attract interest. Worthy on wants 600,000 for him. That does suprise me considering he only bought him resently. If Worthy wanted Etuhu he would of said "No thankyou". These are not the actions of a manager desperate to keepone of his players. I personally, would have said no thankyou on the matter and shortly after offer Hughes to every club in the football league.

Why don''t you wait and see what happens rather than commenting on speculation and rumour ?

The Wednesday boss Paul Sturrock said in the EDP article that 600k was too expensive for them.  That suggests to me that Etuhu is going nowhere.  It also suggests to me that Worthy bought a good player, and that Wednesday are trying to improve their squad by getting him on the cheap because he didn''t play many games for us last season.

As for Thorne to county, older players do tend to drop down the leagues as their ability to keep up with the pace of games is lost.  Older players are more of a risk, but Teddy Sheringham is still at West Ham at 40.  Who knows how long a players'' legs will hold out ?  Better that Thorne is off our payroll if he can''t keep up any more, freeing up wages for younger, fitter players.  If it happens, a good decision for all parties.

If anything, this thread is proof that some people will see bad things in everything Worthington does...

[quote user="Genral Juninho Steggius Cataphractius"]In the E.d.P it says Wednesday have shown an interest in Etuhu. I really do hope Etuhu hope remains a Norwich player. I think Etuhu has a future with Norwich rather unlike certain others. By an other club wanting Etuhu it means that he is obviously rated enough to attract interest. Worthy on wants 600,000 for him. That does suprise me considering he only bought him resently. If Worthy wanted Etuhu he would of said "No thankyou". These are not the actions of a manager desperate to keepone of his players. I personally, would have said no thankyou on the matter and shortly after offer Hughes to every club in the football league.[/quote]

football league and below [:P]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

That suggests to me that Etuhu is going nowhere.  It also suggests to me that Worthy bought a good player, and that Wednesday are trying to improve their squad by getting him on the cheap because he didn''t play many games for us last season.

[/quote]

I have yet to see any signs of a good player yet.  The laziest player ever in an NCFC shirt I have seen signs of that.

Why are you all assuming that because Paul Sturrock says he is interested in Etuhu we want to sell.  Warnock said he wanted to sign Hux in January, he didn''t get him.

The price and whole story comes from Sturrock - no one else.  How many players has Worthy declared an interest in and then signed them?  Very few.

Nowhere does it say we want to sell him. It also doesn''t say we''ve put a £600k tag on him either! Sheffield Wednesday may be interested but that''s it, if he wants to stay, my guess is he''ll be here come August.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

That suggests to me that Etuhu is going nowhere.  It also suggests to me that Worthy bought a good player, and that Wednesday are trying to improve their squad by getting him on the cheap because he didn''t play many games for us last season.

[/quote]

I have yet to see any signs of a good player yet.  The laziest player ever in an NCFC shirt I have seen signs of that.

[/quote]

But I hope he does come good for NCFC. Here''s hoping.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

Why are you all assuming that because Paul Sturrock says he is interested in Etuhu we want to sell.  Warnock said he wanted to sign Hux in January, he didn''t get him.

The price and whole story comes from Sturrock - no one else.  How many players has Worthy declared an interest in and then signed them?  Very few.

[/quote]

Worthington named his price straight away.

[quote user="Beno27"][quote user="Saint Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where does it say that?

“I would be delighted to bring him to the club, but I believe he could cost a transfer fee of around £600,000 and that money is beyond us,” said Sturrock.

Sturrock believes he could cost £600,00.  Which means he is guessing at a price and Worthy has not named one

[quote]But I hope he does come good for NCFC. Here''s hoping.[/quote]

Like any player, if he gets a decent run in the side he will improve.  If he improves his fitness he will get a decent run in the side.  He has shown his commitment to improving himself for next season in interviews, I share your hopes that he will continue to improve.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Beno27"][quote user="Saint Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where does it say that?

“I would be delighted to bring him to the club, but I believe he could cost a transfer fee of around £600,000 and that money is beyond us,” said Sturrock.

Sturrock believes he could cost £600,00.  Which means he is guessing at a price and Worthy has not named one

[/quote]

Managers dont just think up a figure for a player, I think it must mean he has been offered around for 600,000.

[quote]But I hope he does come good for NCFC. Here''s hoping.[/quote]

Like any player, if he gets a decent run in the side he will improve.  If he improves his fitness he will get a decent run in the side.  He has shown his commitment to improving himself for next season in interviews, I share your hopes that he will continue to improve.

[/quote]

When you pay 500K+ for a player you are looking for good quality from the start not someone who is unfit and is looking to "improve."

The truth is the vast majority of Worthys signings  have either been a bust or could not wait to leave.

Managers don''t just think up figures!  Of course they do. 

This could even be a ploy to sow the figure of £600k in the NCFC

board''s heads because that is what they can afford and they want to get

him cheap.  Mind you, I doubt it, as he''s not exactly worth the

£450 we paid!

There''s two give away pieces of information there thatsuggest that

Sturock is at very best guessing.  The first is the phrase "I

believe...", and the second is "...he could cost..".  Both are expressions of doubt.

[quote user="Beno27"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Beno27"][quote user="Saint Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where does it say that?

[/quote]

Managers dont just think up a figure for a player, I think it must mean he has been offered around for 600,000.

[/quote]

Sturrock has just thought up a figure though.  Otherwise he''d have said that it "would" cost £600k to sign him not "could".

What makes you think he''s been "offered around"?  Not very likely in my book but I would love to hear that sales pitch:

"We have this player, do you want him?  He has hardly played in the last in his 8 months here and has been pretty poor.  We paid £450k but you can have him for £600k."

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Managers don''t just think up figures!  Of course they do.  This could even be a ploy to sow the figure of £600k in the NCFC board''s heads because that is what they can afford and they want to get him cheap.  Mind you, I doubt it, as he''s not exactly worth the £450 we paid!

[/quote]

You know next to nothing about football if you think a central midfielder who has already proved he can perform at this level is not worth 450k.
At 23 or 24 he has the potential to get a lot better.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Beno27"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Beno27"][quote user="Saint Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where does it say that?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sturrock has just thought up a figure though.  Otherwise he''d have said that it "would" cost £600k to sign him not "could".

What makes you think he''s been "offered around"?  Not very likely in my book but I would love to hear that sales pitch:

"We have this player, do you want him?  He has hardly played in the last in his 8 months here and has been pretty poor.  We paid £450k but you can have him for £600k."

[/quote]

Have you never heard of teams offering players to other clubs? It is not a rare occurance.

Out of the midfield players we have - from the way Worthington has handled him I would suggest that he is perhaps favoured well. I would be surprised if we didnt start next season with Safri and Etuhu in midfield.I think we have to keep him, he has potential and is yet to reach the prime time of his footballing career. Hughes is 26/27 so should be on top form now - not that we have seen it. Robinson at 29/30 should also be well into the good stuff and although has shown glimpses of quality is not that great either.Personaly I would probably look to offload Hughes first then Robinson should we need to to get a better squad together.

[quote user="Beno27"]

Have you never heard of teams offering players to other clubs? It is not a rare occurance.

[/quote]

Of course it''s not but the point is you are accusing the club/Worthy of trying to sell Etuhu and criticising them for it, when the story has come from Sturrock saying he would like Etuhu and he could cost £600k.  Surely if he had spoken to anyone at City he would have said something like, “We enquired about Etuhu but the price was too much”