Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

The ambition of the board?

zzzzzzzzzz

Don''t you get bored with constantly bashing the club you allegedly support?

Herb You are another of the small clan who seems to think that anyone who criticises anyone or anything about the club is not a supporter.

I could even accept that, but you, Squit and the others never put forward your a point of view without making some sort of infantile remark more suitable for the playground.

If you think ''Foghorn'' is wrong then why not put forward your reasons. For example, if your philosophy in life is that you should never strive that little bit extra, make some calculated risks for yourself, friends or family in order to improve your situation( Sorry Worthy); if you attend Carrow Road on a regular basis, which I assume you do, and you go there for a nice cup of tea and a chat with your mates and cannot get worked up about what''s happening on the pitch - then that''s fine but do let us all know without being rude to your fellow supporters.

I have to say I feel Worthy is a very lucky man to have kept his job but I happen to think that the board could well be culpable in all this and now appears to lack any decent ambition. It could well be that Worthy has suffered because of it. I worry when examining the financial reports for last year and see how much Delia and Michael are worth within the club.

It does not rest easily with me when so many supporters seem to slavishly follow the words (wise??) of Delia. I am not so sure that success on the pitch is now the main target. When I mean success I do not mean middle/lower of the Championship. Mr Munby has come out with his usual excellent statement today that, if I could believe it, would bring a bit of hope but frankly words are cheap - where is the action.

I hope my gloomy attitude is proved wrong but I aint holding my breath. Meanwhile keep posting ''Foghorn'' I agree with all your sentiments.

The trouble is CJF, you''ve been bashing everything to do with NCFC for so long now that when you ask a reasonable, thought provoking question, people read between the lines.  Kind of like the boy who cried wolf.

To answer your question, yes I believe the board ARE still right for the club.  You are extremely unlikely to gain instant success without taking an enormous gamble, which can spectacularly backfire (Bradford, Ips**t et al).  I know as fans it can sometimes be extremely frustrating seeing the ''prudence'' more than the ''ambition'', but i take solace in the fact that at least we are still very likely to have a team to support in years to come.  I would, however, like to see a more football orientated person appointed to the board to bring more of a balance.

[quote user="Herb"]zzzzzzzzzz

Don''t you get bored with constantly bashing the club you allegedly support?

[/quote]

Well don''t you get bored of constantly bashing the people who are allegedly bashing the club they allegedly support.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]

Herb You are another of the small clan who seems to think that anyone who criticises anyone or anything about the club is not a supporter.

I could even accept that, but you, Squit and the others never put forward your a point of view without making some sort of infantile remark more suitable for the playground.

If you think ''Foghorn'' is wrong then why not put forward your reasons.

[/quote]I have done in the past, but to be perfectly honest whats the point?In case you hadn''t noticed, he posts the same stuff over and over again (often in multiple threads on the same day) and its just boring. 90% of his posts are slagging off players, manager or board. I know how he feels, I just don''t see why he needs to tell us all about it every 5 minutes. Do you reckon he ever thinks anything he doesn''t post? Cos I don''t.I''ve no desire to get into an p*ss*ng contest with someone who clearly posts simply to cause friction.Quite simply, theres very little on these forums lately that actually warrants a response such as the one you suggest.Just look at the valuable contributors who''ve left because of the likes of Foghorn and his cheerleader Lizard.

[quote user="Beno27"]

Well don''t you get bored of constantly bashing the people who are allegedly bashing the club they allegedly support.

[/quote]Nope. What particularly bores me is people from places as dull as Bressingham ;)

I think that there''s too much stale ''cheese on the board'' at this moment in time.........I agree with ''one'' of ''Temps'' revelations, concerning the appointment of a footy orientated individual onto the board. I think the NCFC hierarchy have performed admirably, and did the correct thing in replacing the previous Chairman ''Bob Cooper'' as he wasn''t the person who had the impetus and drive required - to push the club forwards. Now, concerning Roger, maybe a replacement for him would re-ignite the fuze and generate a bit more momentum  and ''oomph'' into the club and around the boardroom.....A bit of a cabinet re-shuffle perhaps.

Too much ''comfytogetherfullness'' and not enough ''getitsortedoryouroutonyourear'' from the folk at the helm.....I think everything''s just a bit too ''nicey, cosy and cuddlesome'' and coupled with an unwelcome plethora of ''sickly soundbytes'' presently being emitted from ''ickle Norwich''...."BLEURGH!" [+o(]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Beno27"]

[/quote]

Nope.
What particularly bores me is people from places as dull as Bressingham ;)
[/quote]

I do apologise, I have been 16 for 5 weeks now and although i am yet to leave school I should surely have found a new and more exciting place to live with my fantastic no qualifications part time 60k a year job. Either that or convinced my parents to move to a more exciting part of the country just to suit your poster criteria.

I don''t recognise myself in any of the statements BY wrote.

Its pointless trying to reason with CJF, he often changes his mind and admits he''s not honest, he deserves the ridicule. For infantile comments more suited to the playground you should see his posts on WOTB where he regularly gets his ass whooped.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Beno27"]

[/quote]

Nope.
What particularly bores me is people from places as dull as Bressingham ;)
[/quote]

How very constructive of you Herb....

Ok fair enough you don''t like CJF''s posts, you think there boring and repeatative thats fine but why don''t you just not reply to them? surely by repling in such a way you are encouraging more of them including adding fuel to the fire. Personally I don''t mind your posts CJF mainly because they''re not insulting unlike some other people on here, would be nice to see a KTF opinion or valid arguement, if such a thing exists...It''s too early to tell whether were being ambitious enough or not, shall have to wait and see the coming months will tell us alot I think. For now I still think the board are doing fine but its early days yet.

[quote user="Herb"]

Quite simply, theres very little on these forums lately that actually warrants a response such as the one you suggest.
Just look at the valuable contributors who''ve left because of the likes of Foghorn and his cheerleader Lizard.

[/quote]

I look forward to seeing the thread you will no doubt start today that prompts a more "highbrow" style of debate.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

Its pointless trying to reason with CJF, he often changes his mind and admits he''s not honest, he deserves the ridicule. For infantile comments more suited to the playground you should see his posts on WOTB where he regularly gets his ass whooped.

[/quote]

lol,  I do like taking the P*** it has to be said, and I can take anything thrown at me. On WOTB almost every poster is Worthy Out, as you realise as you read it Squat.  In fact in this thread I was just asking a question, has the board taken us as far as they can??

I am not sure myself, if worthy fails next season (ansd there is a cood chance of that) and he has been backed throughout the season then the board will come under scrutiny.

Too Much Prudence???  No Ambition??  I must admit if I was in charge I wouldnt loosen the purse strings to this manager, not a lot of what was spent last season is ever going to be seen again....

"fair enough you don''t like CJF''s posts, you think there boring and repeatative thats fine but why don''t you just not reply to them? surely by repling in such a way you are encouraging more of them including adding fuel to the fire"

Exactly. I find him very repetitive, but Im restrained enough to be able to respond to the ones I want to respond to, and ignore the ones Im not interesed in.

I will add however

"would be nice to see a KTF opinion or valid arguement, if such a thing exists..."

Thats the sort of attitude that is the worst on here. I know many people that want worthy in who have good opinions, unfortuanetly most have been driven off here by attitudes such as that. However its the same the other way round too. Frankly lumping people into these two groups, and then completely ignoring the views of the other group is the worst thing on here.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

I will add however

"would be nice to see a KTF opinion or valid arguement, if such a thing exists..."

Thats the sort of attitude that is the worst on here. I know many people that want worthy in who have good opinions, unfortuanetly most have been driven off here by attitudes such as that. However its the same the other way round too. Frankly lumping people into these two groups, and then completely ignoring the views of the other group is the worst thing on here.

[/quote]

I agree and I think that''s a more likely reason why certain posters aren''t here anymore as opposed to CJF and Wiz. 

to bring this thread back on track.. the Board have a dream and i feel that dream revolves around the Fans, Worthy, certain players etc... unfortunately the board do look upon us as "little Boy Lost" to some extent.

which is whats holding us back.. sure we arent a "big club" but then we arent the little whipping boys which was maybe implied in the premiership.

We are an Average sized club, with a good fan base, and reasonable finances, Sleeping Giants if u like...

with the right Backing and ambition we could make the step up.. but the board need to review their plans and dreams somewhat i think.

jas :)