Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

The rumours about NW being Delias golden boy really are true.....

I had heard the rumours about NW being very close to Delia and MWJ and had always hoped that they were exaggerated. Sadly they are not.

Recently i have chatted to a new "source" whose information i have no reason to beleive is untrue. Those rumours about his closeness to Delia and MWJ really are true i''m afraid.

Delia thinks the world of him, thinks that he has done a fantastic job, thinks that the supporters who want him out are really in the minority. NW and his wife regularly have dinner with D and M, they come over to his house, he and his wife go over to theres, NW uses Delias flat when he goes to London and they are very close.

It is also likely that some of the members of the board of directors are very concerned about the situation at the club but they cannot do anything as Delia and MWJ are majority shareholders and what they say ultimately goes.

I know that alot of this is nothing new, but unfortunately it is true which is very disturbing.

The indications are, unfortunatly, that this is the case.  This would also seem to indicate Worthy''s apparent care free attitude to the job.  He has absolutely ZERO pressure on him for the most part.  It is pathetic really and a problem that comes about from too much togetherness.

Would you sack a good friend??

If Worthingtons such a good manager how comes no other clubs are even remotely interested in him , Delias got this one wrong big time  and in the end it will tear the club apart.

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

I had heard the rumours about NW being very close to Delia and MWJ and had always hoped that they were exaggerated. Sadly they are not.

Recently i have chatted to a new "source" whose information i have no reason to beleive is untrue. Those rumours about his closeness to Delia and MWJ really are true i''m afraid.

Delia thinks the world of him, thinks that he has done a fantastic job, thinks that the supporters who want him out are really in the minority. NW and his wife regularly have dinner with D and M, they come over to his house, he and his wife go over to theres, NW uses Delias flat when he goes to London and they are very close.

It is also likely that some of the members of the board of directors are very concerned about the situation at the club but they cannot do anything as Delia and MWJ are majority shareholders and what they say ultimately goes.

I know that alot of this is nothing new, but unfortunately it is true which is very disturbing.

[/quote]Sum this up in a word? No how about an expression - " PER-LEASE!".What are we running here? A tabloid? For the love of god please keep these sorts of post labelled for the rest of us with "Idle Gossip" in brackets. Thank you and goodnight.

Director of football urgently required, to act as an interface and stop all this pally pally stuff. Will cost money, but somebody is needed to sort out the football side of things - starting with the scouts at senior and junior level who are identifying garbage.

Funny how no one questions the credibility of your "source"Seen it so many times on here, 99.9% of the time its complete balls.

This ''rumour'' goes a long way in explaining the managers total arrogence when being interviewed.

He''s never been under any real pressure, because he knows he will never be sacked!..............................in my very humble opinion that is.

It is true. Worthy and Missus go to dinner with Delia and MWJ, and he does use Delia''s flat in London.

Wow, the reason Worthy hasn''t been sacked is because he goes round Delia''s for tea?

Who''d have thought it. And to think, I was under the impression the reason he was still in a job was because he took us to a play-off final and got us promoted as champions in style. What a pratt I am.

Whilst some of you are quick to scoff at the content of this post as it doesn’t quite fit with your world view on both Her Majesty and he that must not be questioned.

This is by no means the first time I’ve heard this and more importantly from people who most certainly do know Delia and Mike well, in summary Worthington is indeed all but untouchable.

I suffered the indignation of the last AGM when my own suspicions were aroused and indeed confirmed, the level of spin was almost Blair like in its magnitude in defende of ‘Their Man’. Of course buying into the clubs share issue was nothing more than a handout but none the less it certainly was not the sort of AGM I am used to elsewhere in my business activities.

If indeed we do have a board of directors that is split in its views we then surely have to ask the question of how is the democratic process we were promised 10 years ago after Chase’s departure being best served?

Smith and Jones own 51% of the clubs shares (or very close ) and of course sit on to top of a heavily understated balance sheet and borrowing that is secure by way of term loans. They can do pretty much what they want when they want and there is damn little anybody can do about it unless they have one hell of a lot of money to buy them out.

In summary, if they want Nigel they keep Nigel and there is precious little anybody on this website can do about it apart from of course voting with their feet on mass. Given the level of season ticket renewals and the sacrificial slaughter of Steve Foley to appease the mob I for one can’t see much changing unless of course Smith and Jones accept that they’ve given it a decade and apart from one failed year in the Premiership and a glorious day in Cardiff their time is at an end.

We will see how true the rumours of a potential consortium did to replace them are in coming months

We will see how true the rumours of a potential consortium did to replace them are in coming months

Hi Bury, nice to hear from you again.

Your last phrase (above) has me all worked up, and I must confess I''ve heard nothing about it before, the stuff of my dreams I might add is seeing her run out of this fine club..

But you are so right mate, we were all told during the ''Chase Out'' days that no one person, or family, would ever own 51% or more of the club again..............................hello?.

I agree 100% with everything you say Bury, thank God for ya mate.

I think that ''chummyness'' between the rank and file should be encouraged..........It did ''Pugnacious face Prezza''  no harm fraternising with the workforce did it?......In fact, ''Portly Prezza,''  gets to keep all the perks - and doesn''t have to do anything to earn a crust.........Top job if you can get it!

If anyone really believes, that Nigel and his spouse, and the two NCFC major shareholder''s are purely professional business associates - and not ''chumtastic'' luncheon buddies......well......"We are as gullible as the average Norwich City supporter!"............allegedly.......[;)] ;~)

I to have heard this from a reliable source. However I don''t normally do the rumour thing and I don''t normally post this sort of thing.But this one, as i have heard it - is VERY TRUE.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Hi Bury, nice to hear from you again.

Your last phrase (above) has me all worked up, and I must confess I''ve heard nothing about it before, the stuff of my dreams I might add is seeing her run out of this fine club..

But you are so right mate, we were all told during the ''Chase Out'' days that no one person, or family, would ever own 51% or more of the club again..............................hello?.

I agree 100% with everything you say Bury, thank God for ya mate.

[/quote]

I really wouldn’t want to give any details of a proposed sale of their controlling interest other than I have had the same information from more than one decent source. I hasten to add this doesn’t come from some sort of spurious website given over to the proliferation of stupid rumours that caused the club so much trouble early last season.

No doubt some will scoff at this (you usually do) but do consider that neither are getting any younger and after having dedicated a decade to the club they must in part wonder if they can ever establish the club back in the Premiership, I know I do.

Many aspects of football life have improved greatly during their reign but I do think that any gamble has always been underpinned by a very healthy balance sheet (albeit heavily understated) assembled by your friend and mine Robert Chase.

Of course this particular reality gets under the skin of many but there is no getting away from the fact that without the land assets and the inflation in their value would we even have a Championship level club?

The Smith & Jones regime and its seemingly unhealthy relationship with Nigel means that I really can’t see us returning to how our club should be any time soon. Unfortunately for many of us we have spent the vast majority of our years supporting the club in the top flight living from year to year on shrewd purchases and a fantastic youth policy. We just don’t do that any more.

To conclude, the purchase of Dean Ashton was enabled by the death of the great Geoffrey Watling and by us shareholders nor redeeming their shares, stirring stuff when we were all but relegated.

Keep the faith

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Whilst some of you are quick to scoff at the content of this post as it doesn’t quite fit with your world view on both Her Majesty and he that must not be questioned.

This is by no means the first time I’ve heard this and more importantly from people who most certainly do know Delia and Mike well, in summary Worthington is indeed all but untouchable.

I suffered the indignation of the last AGM when my own suspicions were aroused and indeed confirmed, the level of spin was almost Blair like in its magnitude in defende of ‘Their Man’. Of course buying into the clubs share issue was nothing more than a handout but none the less it certainly was not the sort of AGM I am used to elsewhere in my business activities.

If indeed we do have a board of directors that is split in its views we then surely have to ask the question of how is the democratic process we were promised 10 years ago after Chase’s departure being best served?

Smith and Jones own 51% of the clubs shares (or very close ) and of course sit on to top of a heavily understated balance sheet and borrowing that is secure by way of term loans. They can do pretty much what they want when they want and there is damn little anybody can do about it unless they have one hell of a lot of money to buy them out.

In summary, if they want Nigel they keep Nigel and there is precious little anybody on this website can do about it apart from of course voting with their feet on mass. Given the level of season ticket renewals and the sacrificial slaughter of Steve Foley to appease the mob I for one can’t see much changing unless of course Smith and Jones accept that they’ve given it a decade and apart from one failed year in the Premiership and a glorious day in Cardiff their time is at an end.

[/quote]I am really sorry to say this - but what you are doing here is trying to read between the lines to find a reason as to why Michael and Delia have faith in their manager. To be honest if they didnt I would be worried. They have also seen one season like this before after the play-off final and we bounced back to win the league.My problem is as the gaps between the lines narrow the accusations are becoming more and more ficticious. "my mate who knows them well" or "my friend washes dishes in the resteraunt" or "my friend said" followed by rumours etc that have been floating around since the whole thing started.If you are an employer then you dont do your staff buisiness in public untill there is something solid to report. If they came out and said that he had not done a good job and they were not happy with it he would have grounds to leave and sue for compensation due to them making his job untenable. So please people think about this logically.As for eating meals out together and letting Worthington use their flat in london. Well the team gets put up in a hotel so why not reduce costs by letting the manager use her flat - it makes perfect sence to me - its probably going to be a darn sight better than a hotel anyway. I mean how many London teams do we play now? As for eating together - people please wake up! Its likely that they do - I have had cofee with bosses in the past, babysat their kids, etc etc etc. Dowie hangs out with Jordan, Rednap hangs out with "the boss (maffia)" and the list goes on and on. So please again look at these things in context.Yes at the most extreme possible take on this you could suggest and suggest only on this evidence that they could possibly have a close friendly relationship but whether that interfears with other factors remains to be seen. To be honest I am glad that they are trying to make whoever is in charge of the team feel comfortable through the duration of their time here. It can only be a good thing for other bosses to look at. Playes are not the only people that want stability in their jobs.