CANARYKING

Lap of “ appreciation “

Presumably -it’s the last home game of the season and we even do them when relegated.  Hopefully tomorrow’s will be after a decent win that all-but secures top-6 barring a mad 7-8 GD swing. 

• Like 1

The club's matchday schedule says a lap of appreciation will take place after the final whistle, featuring players and coaching staff.

Last guaranteed home match, so just what you would expect.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Will there be one ?

Why do you care?

You can stay behind and clap or go home, it's your choice.

Posted (edited)

All part of the hype that has become the norm these days. Will there be player of the month, year, decade, young player of the year, manager of last month awards all in due order at half-time as well? 

Lap of honour, appreciation or whatever should happen only if they get promotion, imo. The real reward is in their pay packets after all, that's what most players will be concerned with.

I do like the players taking the time to applaud the away support, though. This seems less contrived and more sincere as does appreciation when a good club servant eg, Wes Hoolahan finally leaves.

Cynical? So what?

I might applaud Canary tv and FAWA when the final whistle of the season blows though. 😉

Edited by BroadstairsR

A Lap of Appreciation is better than a Lack of Application....I'll most certainly be loitering in the Stadium after the full-time whistle to applaud the squad, staff and the rest of those on the turf and thank them all for the season....(or what may or may not, over the next few weeks materialise)....🙂

Then in August....We go again.....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

All part of the hype that has become the norm these days. Will there be player of the month, year, decade, young player of the year, manager of last month awards all in due order at half-time as well? 

Lap of honour, appreciation or whatever should happen only if they get promotion, imo. The real reward is in their pay packets after all, that's what most players will be concerned with.

I do like the players taking the time to applaud the away support, though. This seems less contrived and more sincere as does appreciation when a good club servant eg, Wes Hoolahan finally leaves.

Cynical? So what?

I might applaud Canary tv and FAWA when the final whistle of the season blows though. 😉

Cynical? Miserable more like.  Of course there will be some sort of appreciation at the end.... after all, what a second half to the season we've had, whether or not we go up.  This is something that has always happened as far as I'm aware.  In the ''good old days' we used to run onto the pitch at the end of the season.  And where have you been for the last 20 years or more - the Player of the Season presentation takes place before the game and quite rightly The Mayor gets this with Johnny Rowe getting Young Player of the Year and Ellie Smith getting Women's Player of the Year.  Congratulations to them and to all the staff and players that have contributed to a highly entertaining season (well half a season, anyway).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

Cynical? Miserable more like.  Of course there will be some sort of appreciation at the end.... after all, what a second half to the season we've had, whether or not we go up.  This is something that has always happened as far as I'm aware.  In the ''good old days' we used to run onto the pitch at the end of the season.  And where have you been for the last 20 years or more - the Player of the Season presentation takes place before the game and quite rightly The Mayor gets this with Johnny Rowe getting Young Player of the Year and Ellie Smith getting Women's Player of the Year.  Congratulations to them and to all the staff and players that have contributed to a highly entertaining season (well half a season, anyway).

O me miserum. 😞

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Screenshot_20240427_125158_Samsung Internet.jpg

Good to see they are still doing the POTS trophy presentations - felt a little strange it being announced midweek (but I suppose it allowed for Kenny to have his pic on the programme) 

Last time at Carrow Rd for some players today then. No contract renewals for some and others might be sold. Anyone an expert on body language to see who might be off? 

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Good to see they are still doing the POTS trophy presentations - felt a little strange it being announced midweek (but I suppose it allowed for Kenny to have his pic on the programme) 

Hucks mentioned something similar on twitter during the week. Like most modern day stuff, it's all for the socials, innit. 

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

Screenshot_20240427_125158_Samsung Internet.jpg

How many Hotdogs have the club had to fork out

Disgraceful waste of money