Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Intgot, intgot, got

Heard this on the radio this morning, nothing reflects the modern football world better than the toxic battle of the sticker albums.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/22/top-england-players-missing-from-official-euro-2024-sticker-album

While Topps holds the overall rights, Panini retains aspects of rights relating to some teams, the Times reported, meaning five of the teams, including England, can be shown in their kit only by Panini.

In addition, Panini holds the rights to individual players meaning Topps has been forced to fill out squads with other players. For England, Luke Thomas features, who has never been selected.

44 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You got to be a sticker for the rules!

I think you’ll find its stickLer.

Yours pedantically. X

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ZLF said:

Only ever collected panini

It was Merlin in the early 90s when I collected for the Premier League albums, think I had a Panini for World Cup 94 which England didn't even qualify for.

They got bought out by Topps.

I associate Topps with trumps cards rather than sticker albums.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 1

Had so many trump set, supercars always the fave.   Had a few league sticker sets but mainly focus on the euro or wc sets

Football 90 by Panini exploded in my school. I got every Norwich player except Disco Dale Gordon! Still hurts.

• Like 1

Ah, my first complete set was ‘Soccer Stars’ 1976/77 - still have it at home somewhere….spent my hard earned pocket money and did loads of swaps at school.

image.jpeg.4873a2dbd53649a70adfb8d33f077a1a.jpeg

My primary school had a completed World Cup 1970 album on display in the assembly hall. I particularly remember the Cuba and El Salvador teams and as a 6 year old it may have been my first introduction to life outside England.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Has anyone got the Esso coin of Terry Cooper from 1970?

I actually had a swap IIRC! Lost many years ago! Soz.

8 hours ago, shefcanary said:

I actually had a swap IIRC! Lost many years ago! Soz.

Just found it on ebay for £2.50. Beside myself with excitement 😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

My primary school had a completed World Cup 1970 album on display in the assembly hall. I particularly remember the Cuba and El Salvador teams and as a 6 year old it may have been my first introduction to life outside England.

I was 11 and have great memories of that tournament. It was definitely a whole new world!