He was born in Norwich and at his press conference he said he had a season ticket at CR as a kid, had lots of family at the match.

Wiki tells you all you want to know. Born in Norwich, played for the Academy and Wroxham just for starters.

Thought he had Bristol sying very good football. He is highly rated within the game and you could see why. 

33 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

Wonder what he could achieve with our set of players.

Add him to the list! 

Their style of play was similar to ours and I was impressed with them yesterday.

Not sure of his managerial background but after watching Bristol yesterday (and before I knew of the Norwich link) I did wonder of he was a potential candidate if Wagner was to leave.

7 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Their style of play was similar to ours and I was impressed with them yesterday.

Not sure of his managerial background but after watching Bristol yesterday (and before I knew of the Norwich link) I did wonder of he was a potential candidate if Wagner was to leave.

When we are in our post parachute payment reality next season, if we fail to win promotion, we'll be very much on a level playing field with Bristol City and it would be a clear sideways step unfortunately.

On the other hand, if we sneak up this season then he might be a decent person to manage us post-relegation with a reset of parachute payment, if he doesn't take Bristol City up next season. 

He's got them playing well and their fans behind him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ridgeman said:

Wonder what he could achieve with our set of players.

He probably looked across at the lack of experience on our bench and thought "Wagner is a miracle worker" really,  

pinkun.JPG.f0f0cc5aa823f5ec33db78ee9ad4fcf9.JPG

10 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

When we are in our post parachute payment reality next season, if we fail to win promotion, we'll be very much on a level playing field with Bristol City and it would be a clear sideways step unfortunately.

On the other hand, if we sneak up this season then he might be a decent person to manage us post-relegation with a reset of parachute payment, if he doesn't take Bristol City up next season. 

He's got them playing well and their fans behind him.

I still can't believe that the quiet man hasn't had something up his sleeve for some time now, although the only clue has been on here with mention of Cueta (?) ........ and I'm uncertain of any real validity of this.

Posted (edited)

They played some good stuff but I bet they really come unstuck against teams who sit in and defend or are more physical which is why they are where they are. Passing football can look wonderful when it works but against certain types of teams you can find it really hard to create chances and if you're not on your game it's easy for teams to intercept and break on you quickly. 

Say what you want about our style of football under Wagner but I'd argue that there isn't really one type of team that we generally struggle against. We're usually the architects of our own downfall and when we're really on it we can get the better of any type of team.

For those wondering what Manning could do with these players? Probably not a lot because our defenders aren't comfortable enough on the ball or mobile enough to play like Bristol did yesterday so the style of play wouldn't work. Duffy and Gibson playing like their CB's did yesterday? Gives me the shudders thinking about it. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

42 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

They played some good stuff but I bet they really come unstuck against teams who sit in and defend or are more physical which is why they are where they are. Passing football can look wonderful when it works but against certain types of teams you can find it really hard to create chances and if you're not on your game it's easy for teams to intercept and break on you quickly. 

Say what you want about our style of football under Wagner but I'd argue that there isn't really one type of team that we generally struggle against. We're usually the architects of our own downfall and when we're really on it we can get the better of any type of team.

For those wondering what Manning could do with these players? Probably not a lot because our defenders aren't comfortable enough on the ball or mobile enough to play like Bristol did yesterday so the style of play wouldn't work. Duffy and Gibson playing like their CB's did yesterday? Gives me the shudders thinking about it. 

Gibson's weakness is not with the ball at his feet. I'd argue he can play a bit. His problem is switching off, severe lack of pace and dealing with players who run in behind him.

Duffy, on the other hand, is dire with the ball at his feet.