Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

"Norwich City"...or just "Norwich"??

2 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Not really noticed it but do like the title 'Norwich City' as that is what we are.

In any case I'm happy with any of:  Norwich, Norwich City, Norwich City FC, The Canaries or just the usual one, 'Pride of Anglia' 

I like the title "Norwich City" too, but not at the expense of the others. It's happening more and more in reports, podcasts and commentaries. We are "Norwich City" - of course we are, I just think it sounds a bit silly when it is said over and over during matches and reports. 

It annoys me when Jermaine Jeans constantly refers to Trent Alexander-Arnold simply as Trent.

"Trent put a great ball into the box."

"Trent shows great positional awareness."

"Trent knows he should do better there."

SHUT UP!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

don’t mind either .

But “Nodge” ? Where the hell does that come from. Utterly unacceptable. 

From the same people that can't finish sentences...."hurrah we've sco....City City" 😉

Edited by lake district canary

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Listening so hard? It doesn't take much effort, you just have to listen to what's being said.

And you need to get out more or a life my friend 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

And you need to get out more or a life my friend 

Lol. What, while I'm watching us play?

And don't say try going to a match, logistically it isn't possible, nor financially justifiable from where I live.

Edited by lake district canary

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Lol. What, while I'm watching us play?

No.. by starting a **** and pointless thread.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

It annoys me when Jermaine Jeans constantly refers to Trent Alexander-Arnold simply as Trent.

"Trent put a great ball into the box."

"Trent shows great positional awareness."

"Trent knows he should do better there."

SHUT UP!

Yeah.......what's wrong with Arnie ?

Talking of Trent never shorten Nottingham Forest to Notts Forest when down that way. The locals will likely put you straight that it's Nottm Forest or simply Forest.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Cheers Lakey, I suspect this is now going to irritate me, in the same way as Owen Coyle called it the 'Barclays Premier League", or those that still call it the Premiership.

To be fair that only changed in 1992.

These things take time 😉

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Seems to me that our local commentators and journalists keep saying "Norwich City" every single time they mention us and it's starting to irritate me.  All through pinkun reports and particularly the match commentator last night, we keep getting this "Norwich City this" and "Norwich City that".......

We all know we're "Norwich City" so is there any need to keep saying it?  Surely it's enough just to say "Norwich" most of the time??

Has anyone else noticed this?

Slightly more concerned by throwing away another chance of 3 points from a winning position. Again.

Posted (edited)

Dunno so much about the just Norwich or Norwich city thing. Doesn't bother me either way but....

Should of had the stream I had with the Phil Daley on comms from radio norfolk 

doesn't know half the players of our own team ( referring to Batth as Duffy and saying we have Batth on the bench) then clearly doesn't do the amount of research that Goreham does. 

Most of the time the Wednesday players were referred to as their center back, their right back, the Sheffield Wednesday player, or my personal favorite of the night... When I think I might have been Sara nutmegged the defender.... 

"He puts it through someone's legs" - well, thanks Phil, really bringing the action to life 🤣🤣 lucky it was on stream and not a radio watch hey. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

7 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

Yeah, I got a Brighton mate who lives near Hove.....never gets a mention as its the wrong 'Sussex' and keeps threatening to support Crawley.

I think that may annoy me actually, if I lived in Hove! Interesting, you very really hear Brighton & Hove Albion. At the very least, it should be Brighton & Hove. They also play in Falmer!

It’s probably a good job for you that Lampard didn’t get the job in the end. If Norwich City is enough to grind your gears then the constant “Frank Lampards Norwich City” would have tipped you over 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

don’t mind either . 

But “Nodge” ? Where the hell does that come from. Utterly unacceptable. 

I am guessing this is young persons thing, I am given to understand some young people in Norfolk refer to Sheringham as "Shezza"..................

• Haha 1