Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Sheff Wed

This could be a real banana skin - was only reading the Pink Un article this morning on the next games we have lost after beating Ipswich and including the Man City win - can remember the Wigan game well losing 1-0 at Carrow Road when they were near the bottom of the league - Again Sheff Wed fighting for points and a win for them will probably take them out of the bottom 3 - lets hope our players can come down from the euphoria of Sat and get the job done as with Coventry away to Southampton this could be a great chance to open a gap especially being away to Preston on Sat 

Will be a very tough game, they looked hopeless at the start of the season having not won any of their first eleven - only having three points at that point in time - but have been more like a solid mid-table side since Danny Röhl came in.

They're in a bit of a false position, we'll have to be ready for them.

Posted (edited)

Let’s hope we beat Wednesday on Tuesday so work’s easier Wednesday 😁

Edited by Danke bitte

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Every match for the rest of the season is a banana skin at this point.

Yeah I get that but just saying the game after such euphoria has history showing us as struggling 

• Like 1

Completely agree with the sentiment of the OP. This is a really tough game - they had a really important win on Saturday and will be bang up for it. There's a real danger of 'After the Lord Mayor's Show Syndrome' for us. Add to that the fact that we're basically down to our first eleven plus Fassnacht, Gibbs and Baath and there's a real danger of tiredness creeping into our squad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Completely agree with the sentiment of the OP. This is a really tough game - they had a really important win on Saturday and will be bang up for it. There's a real danger of 'After the Lord Mayor's Show Syndrome' for us. Add to that the fact that we're basically down to our first eleven plus Fassnacht, Gibbs and Baath and there's a real danger of tiredness creeping into our squad. 

Yes - I think it's a little bit like the Leicester game - a sort of false expectation (free hit) and possible 'no -show' which Wagner has got to counteract. Coming down off a high. Three points from Wednesday are in fact worth the same (bar bragging rights) as the 3 points won Saturday. Lets get the job done!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes - I think it's a little bit like the Leicester game - a sort of false expectation (free hit) and possible 'no -show' which Wagner has got to counteract. Coming down off a high. Three points from Wednesday are in fact worth the same (bar bragging rights) as the 3 points won Saturday. Lets get the job done!

Exactly. It would be a great boost if Rowe could at least be on the bench at Hillsborough. 

• Like 1

The game is on Canary TV. The last few times I've watched it that way, we've been rubbish.

I'll be wearing my NCFC 'Tuesday' socks for the day  though, so who knows?

1 hour ago, Addick/Canary said:

The game is on Canary TV. The last few times I've watched it that way, we've been rubbish.

I'll be wearing my NCFC 'Tuesday' socks for the day  though, so who knows?

It's also on the Red Button, I believe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

It's also on the Red Button, I believe.

Yeah, it's listed on the Sky Sports website. Leeds v Sunderland is the main game at 8pm.

Barry Bannan is a genius at this level, must keep close watch on BB.  Not sure who can handle him in midfield.