I'm not entirely sure how good or bad we are tbh. Somewhere between slaughtering a shocking Rotherham team and the lot that melted at Middlesbrough?

Personally I'd take a day out at Wembley regardless of the result if it meant beating Ipswich in the semis.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Personally I'd take a day out at Wembley regardless of the result if it meant beating Ipswich in the semis.

Yes, this is exactly my hope

Some great posts on this thread.

For me personally it’s difficult to put my finger on why some of the buzz and enthusiasm has left me these last few years but I think it comes down to this.

When we had Farke here I felt like we played some of the best football I’d ever seen our club play, beautiful football, the togetherness, last gasp wins and record totals in points and goals. And yet, even then, we were nowhere near good enough to survive in the EPL. Twice. It left me with a real downer that whatever we do we are never going to be good enough to take that next step. If that great feeling we had with Farke ended up in abject PL failure then whatever will happen to the current crop if we do go up through the playoffs.

I know it’s not all as simple as that, PL physicality just didn’t suit Farke’s style etc, but I truly believe there is a long hangover still here from those two relegations and that playing a more pragmatic style simply underlines that feeling.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Some very good points, and how I felt back in 2016 when gave it all in after having a season ticket for god knows how many years. Now when I do go back to FCR to watch I enjoy it again! It’s a match day experience so for me less is more! Agree with Til, What’s up with City 1st and his multiple accounts! Why he insists on trying to get a reaction on every thread, sad! 

Edited by Indy

Posted (edited)

I think for me it's clicked in that something's are more important than football, I still bleed yellow and green and I still love this club with every fibre of my being and will always want the best and watch every single game. 

However, since the cancer battle, the surgeries the recovery and facing my own mortality at 30 years old I realized that my football club losing a game or not being the best team in the league or not being a premier League team is certainly not the end of the world and will not ruin my week like it used to, I get pi55ed off when we lose of course but maybe an hour later, its done, onto the rest of the day. 

I gave up my season ticket when I started the treatment and have had absolutely zero desire to get another one, I still make home games with casual tickets now, when there's one available but my happiness no longer hinges on the fortunes of NCFC ( which the missus is very pleased about 🤣

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 4

On 09/03/2024 at 22:15, sonyc said:

Yes of course GB. I've always loved the fact that we sing something like "Steady on....." It's one of the greatest songs and it's a matter of pride for many I reckon. 

Ps. When I joined some bugg3r had taken NMTD too!

I always read it as Sony C or possibly So NYC!

I like it!

• Like 1

Listening on radio today, very soon after final whistle at Anfield, commentator said Liverpool team were going to the crowd ‘what remained of them in the stadium’. 

For me it’s expected that fans leave early when a game is done and dusted, although I don’t. I was upset at Cardiff when we all left straight after the play off final v brum, I’d just assumed we would show our appreciation, but that’s just me. 

My thoughts on the lap of honour after a "regulation" win is what do we all do at the end of the season for the end of season lap of honour. The over the top way some wins are celebrated at the moment they are going to have a couple of minor pop stars miming to their latest track, a video highlights package, at least 10 awards to present if not more, and give every one still in the ground a free drink to liven things up. 

15 hours ago, paddycanary said:

I always read it as Sony C or possibly So NYC!

I like it!

Yeah, me too. Great user name @sonyc.

Given the football we have traditionally played, I've always been fond of the fact that our song contains the line 'keep it low', too.

• Like 2

Got to the point of the season where after making the play off places, where we have been before.  Expect a run of reverses under Wagner and a tumble down the league to the previous time we made the dizzy heights. 

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

My thoughts on the lap of honour after a "regulation" win is what do we all do at the end of the season for the end of season lap of honour. The over the top way some wins are celebrated at the moment they are going to have a couple of minor pop stars miming to their latest track, a video highlights package, at least 10 awards to present if not more, and give every one still in the ground a free drink to liven things up. 

I just wish they'd get on with it. Why they have to fanny around in the centre circle for about 10 mins is beyond me. 

I must admit I did leave a few mins before the end on Saturday as my bladder was bursting and that 2nd half was a non event really, but even then I seldom stay for the 'lap of honour'. Just takes too long, and there is beer to be a drunk...

• Like 1