Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Worst penalty you've seen a Norwich player take?

Sargent's last penalty was poor but we did have the novelty of him scoring from a penalty with a header! 😏

Yeah Sutch an' Wes'......Neil Adams always took a fine penalty....I don't actually remember him missing?.....

• Like 1

Wes versus Preston. He only attempted it because he’d once done it (more successfully) playing for Blackpool against them in Lancashire derby years earlier. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Daryl Sutch

Not sure the execution was the worst but certainly in respect of financial implications.

6 minutes ago, Northluck C said:

Wes versus Preston. He only attempted it because he’d once done it (more successfully) playing for Blackpool against them in Lancashire derby years earlier. 

I never knew there was a back story! Never repeat such things.

41 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Wes' panenka springs to mind! 

I was there for that and the old fella next to me with his wife (dressed up to the nines) in the Jarrold Stand just blurted out "w4nker".

That summed it up.

As did a returning Chris Brown, useless for us of course, scoring an impressive volley for them.

My eldest was being prepared from an early age to the occasional disappointments of following us😏

What are the chances of a penalty today? We must be due one.

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

I was there for that and the old fella next to me with his wife (dressed up to the nines) in the Jarrold Stand just blurted out "w4nker".

That summed it up.

As did a returning Chris Brown, useless for us of course, scoring an impressive volley for them.

My eldest was being prepared from an early age to the occasional disappointments of following us😏

What are the chances of a penalty today? We must be due one.

Yes wasn’t this away at Loftus Road ?

5 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Yeah Sutch an' Wes'......Neil Adams always took a fine penalty....I don't actually remember him missing?.....

As I remember it Neil Adams told new manager Bruce Rioch ‘I never miss a penalty and I never get injured’ then both happened in the same match at the Vetch Field …..!