Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

NCFC Academy - A Day in the life video

Posted (edited)

Just had this pop up from some small youtube channel, just posting it here incase anyone interested.

Despite Webber saying that we're best in class, it's interesting that Mr Buckley mentions that we have one of the smallest analysis teams with category one status.  I wonder if that is something Knapper/Attanasio will be looking to build up, seeing that analysis is their collective thing.

All looks pretty detailed to me though, nice to get some insight into the tech and such like.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)

…. but..but….

’wass gorn on up there at Collll knee Neeyul?’

….or….

’why don’t they just get it forward?’

or even…

’you can get too hung up on tactics….they just need to believe more!!’

or maybe perhaps …

’you don’t know what you’re doing!’

….surely they are  not all massively out-dated ignorant nonsense?

Parma 

Thank you @Google Bot 💪🏼….and this is Academy level….

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Haha 1

Really insightful, thanks for sharing. Let's hope the Batth/Forshaw/Barnes/Duffy/Hwang signings were just an aberration, and we can go back to truly investing in this pathway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

….surely they are  not all massively out-dated ignorant nonsense?

Hah, it certainly shows how the game has changed, those tactical gatherings around a computer looks more like being at school.

I'm not sure if I was a lad of 8 again, dreaming of being a pro footballer, whether that would put me off or not!? Although I can see for those brought up on FIFA it would seem fairly normal.

Modern life is rubbish! 🤣🤣🤣

35 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Modern life is rubbish! 🤣🤣🤣

I knew Danny Mills when he was part of the youth setup and he'd spend a lot of time scrubbing boots for first team players.  ...They've probably got machines for that now, or they just change boots more regularly!  But whatever, I can't imagine them doing it nowadays. 🙂

So yes, it seems to be radically different.  Youth/Academy is not as grass roots as it used to be, and there seems to be much emphasis on creating elite level players that it's become like a production line process that's as lean as possible to yield the greatest return.

But anyone who's played the game can appreciate how different it is to be pitch level and reading the game and finding space than it is when you're viewing higher up from the stands or TV, and that's clearly what's being worked on when you see this footage.  I really like how instant it looks where a player can come in from training, have their lunch and watch clips of what they've just done as it's a whole different perspective.

It's akin to being filmed in the office, and then at lunch time reviewing clips of how poor your posture was and highlighting periods sat in the chair looking lost.  You can go back in the afternoon, sit better, and learn from that to spot the signs of when it's best to take a break than becoming lost in your own mind.

Now, There's a business opportunity if anyone wants it. 😉 

I heard someone say on the radio that the players produced by the top academy’s are miles better than they were ten or twenty years ago but there chances of a career in professional football are much smaller.

It’s a fact that most kids are scouted whilst 7 or 8 and by 10 or 11 are playing football at least 5 nights a week. The pressure must be awful 

50 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I knew Danny Mills when he was part of the youth setup and he'd spend a lot of time scrubbing boots for first team players.  ...They've probably got machines for that now, or they just change boots more regularly!  But whatever, I can't imagine them doing it nowadays. 🙂

So yes, it seems to be radically different.  Youth/Academy is not as grass roots as it used to be, and there seems to be much emphasis on creating elite level players that it's become like a production line process that's as lean as possible to yield the greatest return.

But anyone who's played the game can appreciate how different it is to be pitch level and reading the game and finding space than it is when you're viewing higher up from the stands or TV, and that's clearly what's being worked on when you see this footage.  I really like how instant it looks where a player can come in from training, have their lunch and watch clips of what they've just done as it's a whole different perspective.

It's akin to being filmed in the office, and then at lunch time reviewing clips of how poor your posture was and highlighting periods sat in the chair looking lost.  You can go back in the afternoon, sit better, and learn from that to spot the signs of when it's best to take a break than becoming lost in your own mind.

Whilst it is radically different now and much more elite player production, they should still have to clean boots and do general dogs body tasks to retain humility until they have actually made it

58 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Not sure about a cleaner, but you can see on this clip they have a shoe steamer to warm the boots up! Also, based on what he says about Nacho, seems like they use brand new boots quite often, probably gifted from the sponsor.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Satriales said:

you can see on this clip they have a shoe steamer to warm the boots up! Also, based on what he says about Nacho, seems like they use brand new boots quite often, probably gifted from the sponsor.

Blimey, you're right.  Wonder what happens to all those rarely worn £200 nike boots.  Back in the day Danny would give us boots from players that had been used, I remember a friend getting a pair of Craig Bellamy's so I think they were cleaning boots even when on the fringes of the first team back then too.

I'd happily spend a day at Colney cleaning and polishing up their boots, £20 a pair......🤣

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

I'd happily spend a day at Colney cleaning and polishing up their boots, £20 a pair......🤣

Slip some Freshwater Bass into that newly unused boot steamer, and that's lunch sorted too!  Could set yourself up a little boot cleaning stall inside Soccerbot, adjust the sign a little with Sharpie: 

"Old Shuck's Soccerbotot Cleaning Services"

£20/Pair

***** Cash Only *****

Free boot disposal service - Check out our eBay site for used boots!

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Slip some Freshwater Bass into that newly unused boot steamer, and that's lunch sorted too!  Could set yourself up a little boot cleaning stall inside Soccerbot, adjust the sign a little with Sharpie: 

"Old Shuck's Soccerbotot Cleaning Services"

£20/Pair

***** Cash Only *****

Free boot disposal service - Check out our eBay site for used boots!

I like it! Wonder how many pairs Nunez has, perhaps he should get a special rate?

Do people remember their first pair of football boots...mine were these-George Best Stylo Matchmakers...

ggg.jpg.79461788593dcdd0e18318f9977c198e.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Reminds of my days forty years ago,of running up and down mousehold sand hills as training on a Wednesday,then going to pub for a few beers and deciding what we going to do on the Sunday morning! All eight of us!!😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Old Shuck said:

I like it! Wonder how many pairs Nunez has, perhaps he should get a special rate?

Do people remember their first pair of football boots...mine were these-George Best Stylo Matchmakers...

ggg.jpg.79461788593dcdd0e18318f9977c198e.jpg

This would be a good idea for it's own  thread. 

Mine were Diadora and looked like they were made of latex.

Posted (edited)

My first pair  were some nondescript Adidas boots. Once I really got into the sport and was willing to spend a bit of money I got those Puma boots with the grass design. I got kicked more wearing these for some reason.

puma-v-106-grass-boots-2.jpg

Edited by KeiranShikari

I was given a pair of Gola as my first pair, a reward for surviving a painful operation as a young lad at the NNH.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

This is also what the soccerbot can be for, it can recreate those moments much quicker and much more accurately than anyone setting it up on the pitch would. 

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

My first pair  were some nondescript Adidas boots. Once I really got into the sport and was willing to spend a bit of money I got those Puma boots with the grass design. I got kicked more wearing these for some reason.

puma-v-106-grass-boots-2.jpg

I really like those-wonder if they do an equivalent golf shoe!?