22 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Everyone has their price, of course. But frankly, if anyone wants him badly enough to shell out astronomic outs then we'll probably come out alright.

I'll still file it under I'll believe it when I see it; Josh is great, but I don't see him as being so great we're going to get offers we can't refuse.

I think the latter paragraph would have applied if he had been fit all year. He's finding goals from all over the place in a team that doesn't often make great chances for him. Then again, if he had been fit all year, I'm not sure getting in the playoffs would be much of a concern for us.

A savvy sporting director may see Sargent as an opportunity to get a cut price on a potentially very good forward 

41 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

2028 is the expiry of Josh's contract.

Everyone has a price, but he's too important with too few options to replace him at the moment. I'll file this one under I'll believe it when I see it.

Totally agree, we should do everything to hold onto him , there should be no reason to sell and no reason for him to leave in the summer. 

4 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I think the latter paragraph would have applied if he had been fit all year. He's finding goals from all over the place in a team that doesn't often make great chances for him. Then again, if he had been fit all year, I'm not sure getting in the playoffs would be much of a concern for us.

A savvy sporting director may see Sargent as an opportunity to get a cut price on a potentially very good forward 

They are creating lots of chances for him, he has missed a few chances as well. We held on to Pukki who was better. 

1 minute ago, Sufyellow said:

Totally agree, we should do everything to hold onto him , there should be no reason to sell and no reason for him to leave in the summer. 

A hefty signing on fee and a probable trebling of his wages would suggest otherwise

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Everyone has their price, of course. But frankly, if anyone wants him badly enough to shell out astronomic outs then we'll probably come out alright.

I'll still file it under I'll believe it when I see it; Josh is great, but I don't see him as being so great we're going to get offers we can't refuse.

I believe his ankle injuries will play a big factor, was this injury from the world Cup when he stood on the ball? 

11 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

A savvy sporting director would say he's not for sale, especially if he has any ambition. 

7 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

The only way we can hold onto him and probably Sara is to get promoted!

Unfortunately the nature of our club in this business is we need to sell to survive and keep up our Cat1 status and players view us as a good stepping stone to bigger things.

£25 million in the summer will go a long way to building the squad, we have far too many over 30’s in our squad we need some quality to build around.

6 minutes ago, RobJames said:

A hefty signing on fee and a probable trebling of his wages would suggest otherwise

He has 4 years left, do you think he would throw his toys out of the pram if we told him one more season? We are trying to build something? 

2 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

He has 4 years left, do you think he would throw his toys out of the pram if we told him one more season? We are trying to build something? 

We wouldn’t risk it, Todd was worth a fortune and in hindsight should of sold him before he started to cause issues!

The club will have learnt that if a players head gets turned then unfortunately it’s a good time to maximise profit!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Unfortunately the nature of our club in this business is we need to sell to survive and keep up our Cat1 status and players view us as a good stepping stone to bigger things.

£25 million in the summer will go a long way to building the squad, we have far too many over 30’s in our squad we need some quality to build around.

He is the quality to build round, same with Rowe and Sara , we also have a couple doing well on loan,  we are close to a Decent team,  so let's sell and start again,  then what same again and again? It doesn't work if the ambition is to compete bottom half of premier league. 

1 minute ago, Indy said:

We wouldn’t risk it, Todd was worth a fortune and in hindsight should of sold him before he started to cause issues!

The club will have learnt that if a players head gets turned then unfortunately it’s a good time to maximise profit!

Was he worth a fortune? Did we have huge offers for him. Webber was great at spin , he should of been a politician. Todd was part of a great 3 man attack in the championship, then went on to score a few goals in the Premier League. 

1 minute ago, Sufyellow said:

He is the quality to build round, same with Rowe and Sara , we also have a couple doing well on loan,  we are close to a Decent team,  so let's sell and start again,  then what same again and again? It doesn't work if the ambition is to compete bottom half of premier league. 

Two things, Sargent is a pro, in his prime and will be itching to play the highest level! So if a premier club comes in he will ask to leave! The club has a debt this year and will need to align again for a season in the championship, FFP means we will need to balance the books!

As much as none of us like losing the best players unfortunately it’s the nature of the beast!

Rowe is injured and will no doubt stay, but he’s into his final year next year so a long term contract needs to sorted.

Same for Sara as above in his prime like Sargent.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Josh is head and shoulders our best striker option at the moment. We can see that from how his long injury hurt us. We can't afford to let him go unless there's an alternative lined up who's at least as good.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Two things, Sargent is a pro, in his prime and will be itching to play the highest level! So if a premier club comes in he will ask to leave! The club has a debt this year and will need to align again for a season in the championship, FFP means we will need to balance the books!

As much as none of us like losing the best players unfortunately it’s the nature of the beast!

Rowe is injured and will no doubt stay, but he’s into his final year next year so a long term contract needs to sorted.

Rowe has an option to another year. Josh and Sara , haven't been stand out championship players this season,  neither are nailed on Premier league players, they could easy end up like most of our other ex star players, both would be better to stay one more season. Then we see where it takes us and them.

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Josh is head and shoulders our best striker option at the moment. We can see that from how his long injury hurt us. We can't afford to let him go unless there's an alternative lined up who's at least as good.

There wouldn't be , because we couldn't afford them,  that's why we have to hold on for another season and build on what we have. 

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

So the new ownership is pointless and we are little old Norwich with no ambition. They are top championship players to bottom Premier league players, isn't that who we want to be? 

21 minutes ago, Indy said:

Absolutely NOT. By selling it has allowed us extra money over and above what the usual income streams provide.

EVERY club, bar the top six, sells players, as there is always someone with more money, as we were able to do to Leeds.

Player ales are a bonus not a means of survival.

22 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Of course, but as we know from Buendia, Maddison and a few others, it’s not about wanting to sell but the requirement to sell!

14 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

So the new ownership is pointless and we are little old Norwich with no ambition. They are top championship players to bottom Premier league players, isn't that who we want to be? 

We don’t have new ownership yet young man, we’re not likely to in the short term, so we are still that self funding club. Of course I’m with you I’d love to move on those not good enough and build on our best players! Reality is we’re Norwich City and our players have a set price and an ambition to play at the highest level, if that’s not with us then they will move on!

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Of course, but as we know from Buendia, Maddison and a few others, it’s not about wanting to sell but the requirement to sell!

I don't think Sargent is as hot property as Buendia by a longshot.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Absolutely NOT. By selling it has allowed us extra money over and above what the usual income streams provide.

EVERY club, bar the top six, sells players, as there is always someone with more money, as we were able to do to Leeds.

Player ales are a bonus not a means of survival.

What are you on about? Had a Sunday beer or two?

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I don't think Sargent is as hot property as Buendia by a longshot.

No probably not, but he’s a quality striker in the championship and anyone scoring pretty much a goal a game in terms of minutes played will be in big demand! Not to mention his work rate is exceptional.

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Very true but the scary thing for Premier League teams now is that you don't get much for £25m.

Like you say, he's good but not great but in my opinion there's no one better in the Championship in that position. Brentford would probably be the level of club he'd be looking at and they'll be able to afford him. I remember him referring to the World Cup as an opportunity to put himself in the shop window so he clearly has ambitions beyond us. 

The frightening thing is that the most effective player in the Championship (apart from perhaps Summervile) is probably no better than 16th in the Premier League. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Very true but the scary thing for Premier League teams now is that you don't get much for £25m.

Like you say, he's good but not great but in my opinion there's no one better in the Championship in that position. Brentford would probably be the level of club he'd be looking at and they'll be able to afford him. I remember him referring to the World Cup as an opportunity to put himself in the shop window so he clearly has ambitions beyond us. 

The frightening thing is that the most effective player in the Championship (apart from perhaps Summervile) is probably no better than 16th in the Premier League. 

Yes, absolutely. To be honest, any player who came to Norwich without ambitions beyond us you'd have to be a bit worried about. 😬

You never know, I suppose, but I think the club still has its eye on getting promotion this season, and will definitely be going for that next season, and even though we've been a bit disappointing the last couple of seasons, you have to say that we're still a good contender for promotion, which for a player who wants to show what they can do in the Premier League but doesn't have Premier League suitors is probably the best game in town.

• Like 1

My personal guess is that Rowe will go this summer. IMO he is least developed of the three players - himself, Sargent and Sara - but seems impatient to move on and is more of an individualist than a team player. I don't think he will be willing to stick around if agents start filling his head with dreams and is the most likely to over-estimate his own ability and end up warming the bench at Crystal Palace. He has great ability but often plays as if he is the only player on the pitch. You can get away with that at Championship level if you are supremely talented but not at the highest levels of the game. Sara and Sargent both seem more level-headed to me and might be persuaded to stay for one more season while they build up their skill base.

Just my reading of the three players. I'm sure most people read it differently.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Delia will sell.

End of.

Rowe, Sargent, Sara, Sainz, Idah all going this summer. £90 million in. Nothing out. Debt cleared.

To be fair, based on some of our moron fans it’s far more likely our best players will want out and there will be nothing the club can do to stop them. Rowe if his agent is to be believed has already said, don’t care what you want I’m off to the EPL.

Of course the very same fans will blame the club as it suits their agenda, but we will never know.

• Like 1

Strikers are hot property, especially good ones. He won't match Buendia's transfer fee but there will be more teams interested. 

1 hour ago, Sufyellow said:

They are creating lots of chances for him, he has missed a few chances as well. We held on to Pukki who was better. 

Can't say I agree. We create some chances but it's unusual to say 'if only Josh had scored that'. Despite his rate of goals, he often scores from 1-or-2 openings and I'd suspect his stats show he's lethal- happy to be proven wrong. The point is meant to be that I believe if he had been fit all season he- and us- would be much higher up the rankings.

RE the second quote, well sure, maybe. If you think we won't have any reason to sell anyone in summer, I feel that's a little naive. It'll be a totally new generation of Norwich City come game 1 next year.

6 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

If we fail to go up this season, which is probable, then this Summer is going to be sheer hell with rumour on top of rumour, and it's started already.

Delia will be rubbing her hands! 

• Like 1