https://www.aol.co.uk/news/man-prepared-court-over-500-151440352.html

A man who was fined £500 for putting rubbish bags next to his wheelie bin has said he would rather go to court than pay up.

Ben Riley, 28, left four black bags next to his own bin on 3 January outside his back garden gate in Ipswich, Suffolk, after getting mixed up with the collection dates.

The rubbish wasn't due to be collected for another six days and his blue bin was full.

On 13 February, the father of one received a fixed penalty notice for putting the black bags next to his bin.

He appealed the £500 fine but was told it had been rejected last Thursday, and while Ipswich Borough Council have now extended the early payment period and reduced the fine to £250, Riley says he would rather go to court than pay.

• Haha 1

Christ,  if you've ever been into 1p5wich town centre the whole place is full of rubbish bags, especially the town end of Norwich Road! 

Edited by stratton canary

I am in the habit of taking a cycle ride in the countryside quite regularly during the Summer months. One spot is a fly-tippers paradise. It is rarely possible to pass it without seeing piles of the stuff. Mattresses, fridges, the lot. It has been an occurrence for years. Not a camera in sight. This poor chap gets £500 for a simple mistake. Burglars get less.

It must be hard enough living in Ipswich without having to put up with this injustice.

Easy pickings as usual, like the motorist who is fined for parking in the wrong place at the wrong time, when making a drop-off for less than a minute or two, because there is no space elsewhere ... as I was last year.

Society depends upon people keeping to the rules, for sure, but it also depends upon fair treatment of those who overstep the mark slightly.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I don't even have a black bin anymore! One of the wheels was slightly broken and I'm quite sure it was just taken away by the bin men without any kind of notice. 

The council wants me to pay for a new one and I've refused that too! Wasn't my decision for it to go missing so off to the neighbours bins I go 😂

15 hours ago, stratton canary said:

Christ,  if you've ever been into 1p5wich town centre the whole place is full of rubbish bags, especially the town end of Norwich Road! 

Much like Portman Road on a matchday

• Like 1

Or getting fined £220 for having  a letter 1 cm to close to other on number plate yet 2 police officers involved in hit and run accident almost got away with crime

The laws an ****

You can’t say A S S

Has the person who runs the site not heard of Charles Dickens 

Think Mr Bumble