Sign in to follow this  
Sufyellow

Should we boo more at away games?

Our form away is really poor , would a bit of booing during subs make the players more fired up and attacking to prove us wrong? It worked at home. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

Our form away is really poor , would a bit of booing during subs make the players more fired up and attacking to prove us wrong? It worked at home. 

Woe betide all those renegade 20% ers loyally following the Club up and down the land never venturing 8 miles high.

People can do what they want, but it definitely feels a bit strange that people might take out an entire day, spending a minimum of £50+ for travel + ticket, to moan and boo.  But each to their own. 

6 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

Away from home needs something different. Mass moonies at the time of the triple substitution would be profoundly effective!

• Like 1

Delia bitty will be rationed immediately from the 80% if boos are heard. This is why they are terrified to boo and scold those who do.

The fans must be policed, so that the bitty can flow properly.

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

People can do what they want, but it definitely feels a bit strange that people might take out an entire day, spending a minimum of £50+ for travel + ticket, to moan and boo.  But each to their own. 

I have found it at away games how many fans turn up,look miserable and don't sing. If you drive all that way at least try and enjoy it. 

3 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Away from home needs something different. Mass moonies at the time of the triple substitution would be profoundly effective!

Could be the answer , I am not sure if you would have to report the person next to you. 

At Blackburn this weekend, there was one guy really giving it some towards the end of the game.

Nobody really joined in though, I suppose the majority were optimistic that we might nick it in the end!

Wagner does hts best work at away games and trying to prove it.

Waving phones might help - and I do not know why more youth players are not sat on the bench, the surest we to improve, so we are told. Better than that running about stuff in training.

And thankfully we had the drum there on Saturday, as it could easily have been another couple for Blackburn (I shouldn't mind a few tambourines as well)

Edited by RobJames

We might be able to boo more at away games, but that seems to be really counterproductive. We're supposed to support our team to do their best, not berate them for not doing as well as we want, or in the manner that we would decide to do it were we in charge.

Edited by Bobzilla

18 hours ago, RobJames said:

And thankfully we had the drum there on Saturday, as it could easily have been another couple for Blackburn (I shouldn't mind a few tambourines as well)

We've missed that. Some people hate it, but it gets us going as a crowd.

On 25/02/2024 at 23:14, essex canary said:

Woe betide all those renegade 20% ers loyally following the Club up and down the land never venturing 8 miles high.

WTF? 

On 25/02/2024 at 23:21, Sufyellow said:

What are you? A total pratt!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobzilla said:

We've missed that. Some people hate it, but it gets us going as a crowd.

I think you may have just missed the point of the thread - it is a pss take of the whiners. I don't doubt the drum overexcites those who don;'t quite grasp what the game is about, or are even interested, as those involved seem not.  Can you describe away fans as a crowd ?

It is merely a means for a few spotty herberts to show how important they feel they are, unless the claim is that we would have lost v Blackburn without it. These things are merely copycat "ooh loo at us". As the march to the ground was. Thankfully they did not go full 'continental' whereby you have to sing a bit in a deep voice to show how butch you are

Getting the crowd going - 2 mins in

4 hours ago, LaUnionCanary said:

WTF? 

I was referring to taking flights to away games rather than being 8 miles high en route to and from Murcia.    

On 26/02/2024 at 15:49, Corbs1 said:

Nought so strange as folk

It might be worth a try though.

3 hours ago, toftwood said:

What are you? A total pratt!

Why is that? It fired the players up at home to prove us wrong, it may work away. It must be better than silence.

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

I think you may have just missed the point of the thread - it is a pss take of the whiners. I don't doubt the drum overexcites those who don;'t quite grasp what the game is about, or are even interested, as those involved seem not.  Can you describe away fans as a crowd ?

It is merely a means for a few spotty herberts to show how important they feel they are, unless the claim is that we would have lost v Blackburn without it. These things are merely copycat "ooh loo at us". As the march to the ground was. Thankfully they did not go full 'continental' whereby you have to sing a bit in a deep voice to show how butch you are

Getting the crowd going - 2 mins in

It's actually a **** take of all of us , the people who booed and the ones who were so upset about the people who booed. But then it did lead to a win. I love the drum. 

• Like 1