Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Justin Fashanu

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Hit the donate button and there is nothing to be found.

I know, all a bit disapointing really. 😶

Also, it's odd how Delia is a supporter of the charity, but NCFC isnt in any "offical club" way.

My view completely CC, i was looking to back it, but not without knowing if it's ever likely to happen.

One of those named in the credits to the video Di Cunningham used to be on everything except stamps but seems to have disappeared.

The Justin Fashanu Foundation’s social media is a bit quiet-no posts on Instagram since August 2021, none on Facebook since his birthday 3 years ago and nothing on X since they posted a statement in November 2022 about the World Cup being held in Qatar.

Their latest report to the Charities Commission is overdue by 476 days so all in all it doesn’t look like this is going to happen, sadly.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

One of those named in the credits to the video Di Cunningham used to be on everything except stamps but seems to have disappeared.

Is she currently part of the osp ?

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Before I donate may I ask if the club have responded in any way to this and would be open to the idea? Beacause otherwise any money would be wasted

3 hours ago, spencer 1970 said:

I know, all a bit disapointing really. 😶

Also, it's odd how Delia is a supporter of the charity, but NCFC isnt in any "offical club" way.

My view completely CC, i was looking to back it, but not without knowing if it's ever likely to happen.

In the first six months this appeal had raised less than 10% of the target amount, so it is clear the statue has been shelved for now.

It also doesn't take a genius to work out why NCFC were not 'officially' leading the project.

2 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

In the first six months this appeal had raised less than 10% of the target amount, so it is clear the statue has been shelved for now.

It also doesn't take a genius to work out why NCFC were not 'officially' leading the project.

Did donors get their money back? A bit alarming if they didn't with the overdue accounts 

Talk of overdue accounts and an amount of possibly £15,000 donated by individuals laying somewhere or other should really being raising a few eyebrows.

What a shame. All these years on and still the most referenced gay footballer.

I was behind the goal when he scored that wonder volley. My first thought was , how the fukk did he manage that considering he missed many easier chances prior to this game!

One of our best and proudly respected by our club when others in football were stuck in a homophobic time.

58 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

What a shame. All these years on and still the most referenced gay footballer.

I was behind the goal when he scored that wonder volley. My first thought was , how the fukk did he manage that considering he missed many easier chances prior to this game!

One of our best and proudly respected by our club when others in football were stuck in a homophobic time.

I think it’s a bit much claiming credit on behalf of the club when he didn’t come out publicly until years after we sold him 

Playing devils advocate here...but if there were to be a statue outside of carrow rd , of all the players who have played for this club, should it be Fashanu? 

2 good seasons before his £1m to Forest.

I know its not just about his on field achievements, but should it be?

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Playing devils advocate here...but if there were to be a statue outside of carrow rd , of all the players who have played for this club, should it be Fashanu? 

2 good seasons before his £1m to Forest.

I know its not just about his on field achievements, but should it be?

Statues at the ground should only be for football related matters. I’d line the away end with statues of Steve Bruce scoring in the 85 semi final, Grant Holt prancing around with the microphone moustache and Jamie Cureton with his green hair. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Talk of overdue accounts and an amount of possibly £15,000 donated by individuals laying somewhere or other should really being raising a few eyebrows.

They spent it all on a painting on the side of a pub!

3 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

Statues at the ground should only be for football related matters. I’d line the away end with statues of Steve Bruce scoring in the 85 semi final, Grant Holt prancing around with the microphone moustache and Jamie Cureton with his green hair. 

I can understand your first point, but then you say you’d rather have a statue for someone who temporarily dyed their hair for a one-off match?

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I can understand your first point, but then you say you’d rather have a statue for someone who temporarily dyed their hair for a one-off match?

It’s probably wise not to take everything written on a message board 100% literally. Some things are written in jest or to exaggerate a point.

I think he scored that game as well though in fairness, unless my memory is playing tricks on me.

10 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

This is a good point isn't it.

People have different favourite players players for different reasons for different periods throughout their personal experience of supporting the club.