Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

27 points from the last 15 games…

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

Head Coach, sorry I like manager terminology. That's what the guy is FFS. This S.D . Malarky,  just like many other self important positions in many industries,  is mostly  a load of waffle. Absolutely waffle. Recruitment  helper for the manager. Save yourself a few bob. Good secretary  for the manager . Jobs a good one. Let's get real here. There are guys in football who have not got a clue, let's be honest. One has just gone 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍. Some people ,get lucky, some land lucky,  some have good connections and some are obvious con men. 

Like I said, manager. He is together with his coaches and players all week. They have built up a siege mentality because they had to. It’s a joy to watch. It’s now 7 consecutive home wins. The fans, media and social media are still not fully on board. Despite an amazing run of results there’s no real belief in the manager or the team. If they go on and win the play-offs I’d half expect to hear a few groans about us being lucky and see a half empty stadium when the trophy is lifted. Maybe a few chants about husbands and wives as they trudge back up Wembley Way…

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Like I said, manager. He is together with his coaches and players all week. They have built up a siege mentality because they had to. It’s a joy to watch. It’s now 7 consecutive home wins. The fans, media and social media are still not fully on board. Despite an amazing run of results there’s no real belief in the manager or the team. If they go on and win the play-offs I’d half expect to hear a few groans about us being lucky and see a half empty stadium when the trophy is lifted. Maybe a few chants about husbands and wives as they trudge back up Wembley Way…

Interesting that the chant is still “We’re the Norwich yellow army” “David Wagner’s…” never gets an outing.

Mind, should we do the unthinkable, we’ll no doubt be “Delia’s barmy army” again, right?

Or not…😉 

On 30/03/2024 at 12:48, sgncfc said:

I'm still not completely onboard with Wagner, though of course can only support the improvement he has made since he plumbed the depths.

Since the Blackburn game when he most definitely should have gone, we had the Watford debacle, two 1-0 defeats at West Brom and Millwall, (points simply thrown away by inept decisions) and the dreadful Southampton performance.

Recent performances and results are helping, but he still makes some bizarre changes even if he finally seems to have realised that putting players in their best position gets them playing better; and he's definitely not certain to be in charge next season regardless of what league we are in.

I promise you it's not that hard to say "I was wrong"

Even I'm getting used to it. 🙂

21 hours ago, hogesar said:

I promise you it's not that hard to say "I was wrong"

Even I'm getting used to it. 🙂

I think today proved that I wasn't though........🙂

• Thanks 1

Nutty, all Wagner's deficiencies are still there. Poor today. Is it the beginning of a losing streak, or just a one-off misread? I hope it's the latter, but this is Wagner and he has a track record of long streaks either way. 

On 01/04/2024 at 15:52, shefcanary said:

Nutty, all Wagner's deficiencies are still there. Poor today. Is it the beginning of a losing streak, or just a one-off misread? I hope it's the latter, but this is Wagner and he has a track record of long streaks either way. 

IMG_1585.thumb.jpeg.2ccd7240213b37e4d1fe0f154fdbe11f.jpeg

My grandson sent me this last night when he got back from Preston. It seems people are loving the stat now. I guess 28 games from Bonfire Night is a pretty long streak…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

My grandson sent me this last night when he got back from Preston. It seems people are loving the stat now. I guess 28 games from Bonfire Night is a pretty long streak…

It proves that sometimes jumping the gun and getting in on the sack race doesn't always count. Who would we have instead of wagner and what position would we be in now? Obviously DW does make some questionable subs but he had his hands tied with injuries and so forth but give the man some credit. He got a chorus of boos many times but still smiling and interacting with the crowd at the end of a game. Well done that man. Strong positive character 

On 01/04/2024 at 15:52, shefcanary said:

I mean this recent streak is the equivalent to half a season and has us on par with Leeds for points gained at the top of the table, and seems to also correlate with not having so many significant first team injuries.

I know it's really hard on this here Pink Un forum for some reason, but all some people have to say is....

I was wrong.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean this recent streak is the equivalent to half a season and has us on par with Leeds for points gained at the top of the table, and seems to also correlate with not having so many significant first team injuries.

I know it's really hard on this here Pink Un forum for some reason, but all some people have to say is....

I was wrong.

No. Stick with it. Eventually he’ll get sacked and then you can claim to have been right all along. 
I think it’s rule 4 paragraph 2 subsection 6 of the PinkUn guidebook. 🙂

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Interesting that the comparison of "Since the Blackburn loss" (Nov 5th) coincides almost exactly with the start date of Ben Knapper (Nov 13th) and the exit of Webber (Nov 11th)...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

I was wrong.

Was I? I set out a proposition that Wagner tends to have long streaks of similar results over his career. All that has been proven is that with a one off loss, his long winning streak continues. I'm taking a Purps position here, and say my statement means I was right either way! 😉 🙂 😜

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Leedscanary said:

Interesting that the comparison of "Since the Blackburn loss" (Nov 5th) coincides almost exactly with the start date of Ben Knapper (Nov 13th) and the exit of Webber (Nov 11th)...

It’s like a box of chocolates buddy and everyone has their favourite. “Since the Blackburn loss” coincides exactly with the much derided Delia and Michael phone call. So that’s a nice soft centre. Perhaps a strawberry cream. Almost exactly coinciding with the start date of Knapper would be a nice manly hazelnut crunch that will be much more palatable for many on here. But coinciding with continually getting players back early from injury and managing their fitness is probably the gold wrapped chocolate in the centre.

Webber’s swimming pool! Who’d have thought it 🏊‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It’s like a box of chocolates buddy and everyone has their favourite. “Since the Blackburn loss” coincides exactly with the much derided Delia and Michael phone call. So that’s a nice soft centre. Perhaps a strawberry cream. Almost exactly coinciding with the start date of Knapper would be a nice manly hazelnut crunch that will be much more palatable for many on here. But coinciding with continually getting players back early from injury and managing their fitness is probably the gold wrapped chocolate in the centre.

Webber was the praline special in the Dairy Box collection, most would give it a miss. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Webber was the praline special in the Dairy Box collection, most would give it a miss. 

Wasn't he more of a salty Camel, sorry ,Caramel.

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Wasn't he more of a salty Camel, sorry ,Caramel.

It was one of the last you chose when you were caning the box as a kid. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Thank God Dear Tom Smith is on-board. Great ideas ,great architects, great tradesmen. Thank you for the vision Tom ,your the man. This began with the Canaries Bond idea put forward by Tom Smith, when we called upon the financial assistance and support of our fanbase. They responded and we wanted to give them something back in return. FANS , the best , Tom your vision Excellent.  👍🙌😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

Thank God Dear Tom Smith is on-board. Great ideas ,great architects, great tradesmen. Thank you for the vision Tom ,your the man. This began with the Canaries Bond idea put forward by Tom Smith, when we called upon the financial assistance and support of our fanbase. They responded and we wanted to give them something back in return. FANS , the best , Tom your vision Excellent.  👍🙌😉

You're half right. It actually began with the unbudgeted for windfall from that League Cup tie at Arsenal and FA Cup ties against Chelsea in 2017/18. I think that money paid for the floodlights. But the boy Tom was involved in that too...

• Like 1

On 01/04/2024 at 16:52, shefcanary said:

I think you have to question these assertions of Wagner's deficiencies.

He did a comprehensive job of promotion and survival at Huddersfield, which is by no means a big club and during that time there was no issues on flexibility.

Then again, this last game we saw him make a game-changing substitute, probably due to having an uninjured game-changing player on the bench.

I sometimes think people believe managers should be magicians, but they can only do their best with the players at their disposal.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think you have to question these assertions of Wagner's deficiencies.

He did a comprehensive job of promotion and survival at Huddersfield, which is by no means a big club and during that time there was no issues on flexibility.

Then again, this last game we saw him make a game-changing substitute, probably due to having an uninjured game-changing player on the bench.

I sometimes think people believe managers should be magicians, but they can only do their best with the players at their disposal.

He's doing great with the size of squad he has and the injuries  that have happened.  He's taken some flak and I'm sorry  nobody  is perfect , but I say again hes been a top man lately for a magicians assistant . 😉👍

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

You're half right. It actually began with the unbudgeted for windfall from that League Cup tie at Arsenal and FA Cup ties against Chelsea in 2017/18. I think that money paid for the floodlights. But the boy Tom was involved in that too...

Pales in insignificance next to the Galway Roast deal that he brokered. 🤦🏻‍♂️

On 01/04/2024 at 15:06, sgncfc said:

I think today proved that I wasn't though........🙂

I would suggest one or two results (the above in reference to the best squad in the league) doesn't prove you wrong vs the last 28 games or so. Or any number of games where he's had a fit-ish squad.