Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Newport County

Showing how to perform against higher opposition in the cup.

Still the happy clappers seem more than satisfied with our lily livered attempt today. As per.

What low standards our fanbase have.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

17 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

Still the happy clappers seem more than satisfied with our lily livered attempt today. As per.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

I did almost post before the game that Newport would put up more of a fight and were more likely to win than we were. But chose not to post such a negative comment. But that's the point - I'm always optimistic of getting a result - always! But for some reason it was obvious we weren't going to trouble Liverpool at all.

Just now, Newports Canary said:

I did almost post before the game that Newport would put up more of a fight and were more likely to win than we were. But chose not to post such a negative comment. But that's the point - I'm always optimistic of getting a result - always! But for some reason it was obvious we weren't going to trouble Liverpool at all.

You do know “we” scored twice?

Do not ever agree with Keith Scott, but I have to say I am with him on this one. Man Utd knew they had been in a game with Newport, whereas it looked like a training game for Liverpool, if they had scored 7 or 8 it would not have flattered them..................

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You do know “we” scored twice?

Yes. When we equalised I did have a glimmer of hope that my for once unenthusiastic approach, and feelings we wouldn't even make a game of it, had been wrong. Losing by 3 goals away to the team that may win the Premiership is no embarrassment though obviously, so onwards and upwards - hopefully - to the playoffs. As we all know, that's what matters the most.

And like the other person just posted alluded to, the 3 goal difference did flatter us really. Personally I'm not that bothered, yes I always want us to win but we've got far more important things to concern ourselves with. I was worried we'd be well and truly embarrassed live on mainstream TV, but fortunately we avoided that. And that really could have had a negative effect on the squad. 

Edited by Newports Canary

A cracking game and I thought Newport were unlucky....a replay and a pay-packet at Old Trafford was more than they deserved...

I was watching the G Holt Header v Liverpool, with Lambert on the Touchline

In the days when although not expected to win. We still tried to outscore the opposition.

Did we have that good a belief, Squad & Manager. Or were we punching far above our weight.

In defence of the current NCFC Squad. the money at the top is drifting us further apart

20 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

A cracking game and I thought Newport were unlucky....a replay and a pay-packet at Old Trafford was more than they deserved...

It was and ten Hags comments - that Newport basically didn't have a kick but scored 2 goals out of nowhere - were just weird. For a long spell, and even after the 2nd goal, they were arguably the better team and caused the most problems.

Unconnected but another point Newport do deserve credit with is, when realising that the structure and ownership model needed changing, how quick the Trust voted, and again to decide which offer to accept, and then put it all into action. The only lengthy delay being caused by the FA. Of course it's a shame they couldn't somehow make the wholly fan ownership model work somehow. And yes I am bringing that point up in view of Norwich's wish to seemingly drag anything on for as long as possible (even Webber and Knapper initially).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Do not agree ever agree with Keith Scott, but I have to say I am with him on this one. Man Utd knew they had been in a game with Newport, whereas it looked like a training game for Liverpool, if they had scored 7 or 8 it would not have flattered them..................

Man Utd 8th in the PL with a goal difference of -5. Liverpool first and +29. Almost as big a gulf between Man U and Liverpool as us and Man U.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Man Utd 8th in the PL with a goal difference of -5. Liverpool first and +29. Almost as big a gulf between Man U and Liverpool as us and Man U.

Indeed.  Man U are nowhere near Liverpool right now, and we were away. Pretty sure we’d have given Man U a decent game at home had we played them, so other than to have a whinge I just don’t see the point.

I love how moaning that we don't win every week is demanding high standards and being pragmatic and realistic is accepting failure. What a load of nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I love how moaning that we don't win every week is demanding high standards and being pragmatic and realistic is accepting failure. What a load of nonsense.

A cup run would have been nice, but that’s all. What matters is how we play over and results over the next five games. But let’s panic about Liverpool scoring 5 against us at Anfield.

It’s almost like there are posters looking for any and everything they can to beat the club with…

20 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

If each game is taken individually then isn’t the point in playing to try and win? Every Norwich fan who has half a brain knows Norwich won’t win every game but the key difference seems to be the ones with some light in their Cortex knows it is possible to learn, adapt and improve (ambition) and those who’s lights are on and no ones home just accept their fate that nothing can be done to avoid losses (negativity) 

sometimes as a fan you just have to accept you get beat by a better side. That’s fine with me so long as I am also in the knowledge we did all we could to try and win 

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

70+ places and three divisions between Man Utd and Newport. I accept we all see things differently but I would have accepted a 9-2 defeat against Liverpool if we had had a real go at them............

On 28/01/2024 at 17:44, Keith Scott said:

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

With their a team, at the own ground, in front of their own fans on a surface that they know and wouldn’t suit a premier league team and they still got dìçked 

What low standards of football knowledge you’ve got 

And the sad part about this? If we’d have won we would’ve heard naff all from you yet you swoop in looking for any opportunity to have a dig 

kind regards 

yobo 

5 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

With their a team, at the own ground, in front of their own fans on a surface that they know and wouldn’t suit a premier league team and they still got dìçked 

What low standards of football knowledge you’ve got 

And the sad part about this? If we’d have won we would’ve heard naff all from you yet you swoop in looking for any opportunity to have a dig 

kind regards 

yobo 

Big Keith Tw*t is the social media version of a well-known TV quiz show .........

POINTLESS 🙄

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

70+ places and three divisions between Man Utd and Newport. I accept we all see things differently but I would have accepted a 9-2 defeat against Liverpool if we had had a real go at them............

Would you though? I suspect at least some of those lamenting our pragmatic approach would have been straight on here if we’d lost 9-2 to complain about our defence and our inability to adapt our style to the opposition. Never happy.

9 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Would you though? I suspect at least some of those lamenting our pragmatic approach would have been straight on here if we’d lost 9-2 to complain about our defence and our inability to adapt our style to the opposition. Never happy.

I am not in the habit of lying or making things up. We lost 5-2 adopting a "pragmatic approach (what does that even mean!!??), so had we been bolder and lost 9-2 I could have accepted that more than what actually happened. I am sure others would have been on here moaning about it, but not this SOB.........