It was a great finish but some aspects of his game need a hell of a lot of work.

He needs games and that means he must start ahead of Onel. Plus he needs to fill out a bit.

• Like 3

If a red had scored that goal them ITV punters? Well, they'd be leaving trails like snails....an' creamin in their boxers...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It was a great finish but some aspects of his game need a hell of a lot of work.

He needs games and that means he must start ahead of Onel. Plus he needs to fill out a bit.

I think he's still getting up to full match fitness, I think he's a very good player, well out of our league. When he's fully fit we won't utilise him to his full potential 

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

If a red had scored that goal them ITV punters? Well, they'd be leaving trails like snails....an' creamin in their boxers...

Wright and Fowler just talked over how disappointed they were with Norwich when they did decide to show the goal post match. Rather than actually saying what a great strike it was. Unfortunately the bias and Klopp love in was totally as expected.

Edited by EastMidsCanary
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, EastMidsCanary said:

Wright and Fowler just talked over how disappointed they were with Norwich when they did decide to show the goal post match. Rather than actually saying what a great strike it was. Unfortunately the bias and Klopp love in was totally as expected.

The idea that they might have benefited from some sort of Norwich pov was obviously lost on itv. 

• Like 2

It's his age. Wagner won't play the youngsters. You could see by Wagners face after the goal he regretted bringing him on. I expect Sainz will be sold before the end of the window. Probably joining Rowe at Brentford. And what was Gibson doing in their half ? He is supposed to be a centre half. Our half.  He needs to be sold. But he won't as we only sell our best players. Gunn will be off this window. I read it in the Telegraph and he is always on the money. When he is, obviously. Not when he is not.

Class goal. Love that he carries it, sees the best option is to go alone, and has the confidence to take it on and the quality to score it. One of very few out there in a yellow shirt with that ability 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EastMidsCanary said:

Have to say as soon as Sniffer appeared at the end of the match I switched the TV off. 

9 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I think he's still getting up to full match fitness, I think he's a very good player, well out of our league. When he's fully fit we won't utilise him to his full potential 

He reminds me of Emi but needs that strong low centre of gravity like he has, he's too easily brushed aside.

It's the individual moments from Saintz, Rowe, Sara, Sargent and Gunn, players who can rise above the dull and uninspired Wagnerball, that will keep us in the race for play-offs.

I''ll also include Kenny at times and hope that Hanley soon gets back to his best, while Stacey and Duffy will have to do for now..

Jury out on Nunez, whilst McCallum put in a decent shift today. 

22 minutes ago, EastMidsCanary said:

They see goals like that every week in the PL. Their point was that having got a goal back, that both times we didn't make the most of it by being more threatening. Really their views on us were what probably most of us thought - that we've got good players, but don't make the most of it by giving the ball away too easily - and it's not just against Liverpool, we've been doing it all season.

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

They see goals like that every week in the PL. Their point was that having got a goal back, that both times we didn't make the most of it by being more threatening. Really their views on us were what probably most of us thought - that we've got good players, but don't make the most of it by giving the ball away too easily - and it's not just against Liverpool, we've been doing it all season.

Agree with your points, but surely when you show a replay of a goal it is with the expectation that you actually discuss it rather than just talking over it?! 

Edited by EastMidsCanary

40 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It's the individual moments from Saintz, Rowe, Sara, Sargent and Gunn, players who can rise above the dull and uninspired Wagnerball, that will keep us in the race for play-offs.

I''ll also include Kenny at times and hope that Hanley soon gets back to his best, while Stacey and Duffy will have to do for now..

I agree with everything you say here. Although we have looked fairly poor for most of our matches this season, we have several players who are at least upper Championship level, and IMO should be doing a bit better than we are in the league. 

Very telling that none of the Dad's Army recruitment make the cut, except for Stacey and Duffy as just about adequate for purpose.

A couple of good goals to his name but for me at the moment its a case of 'flatters to deceive'.
As Wagner and others say 'he has lots to improve on'

Edited by Grumpy

21 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I think this is part of the issue with our team. Take out Gunn, Sargent, Rowe and Sainz and our team is just bang average.