Nuff Said

Klopp leaving Liverpool at the end of the season

2 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Possibly, however he told the club in November so that depends on whether this is news to the players or whether they've known since November?

I very much doubt his players knew. He might not even have told Wagner.

14 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Maybe they’ll bet McKenna in. ( wink )

Anyone got a TWTD account?

Bill Shankly announced his resignation in the summer of 1974, no fanfare, no media event for the newspapers, Tv and radio at the time.

Now its all stage managed for the sofa surfers of the world, an endless excuse for the circus to follow and the endless retrospectives we'll now see and read, or the equally endless speculation about who will succeed Klopp.

Different time of course, but they've chosen to make this an event, there was absolutely no reason to whatsoever.

If he knew and the players did in November, why tell everyone now? Alonso & Bayer 04 Leverkusen will now have to endure endless "...are you going to Liverpool?" speculation between now and May.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

My current mentality:

Please don't concede double figures Norwich

Not very 'mentality monster' of you. Not what Jürgen would have wanted.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

We all know the media love affair with Liverpool and this will now go into stellar overdrive. Wonder if we will get any mention at all either before, during or after the match Sunday? 

We weren't going to before this anyway 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

We all know the media love affair with Liverpool and this will now go into stellar overdrive. Wonder if we will get any mention at all either before, during or after the match Sunday? 

If we get battered that would be a very satisfactory outcome.

We need a Ronnie Radford moment now, then. 

Step forward Kenny McClean.

Sargent clearly needs more time, whilst the Rowe injury, might excite conspiracy theorists, it is now a pity that we will be unable to see how effective he can be against PL defenders.

Edited by BroadstairsR

8 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Well that’s not going to help us on Sunday is it?

Couldn’t care less

Won’t  miss that set of Knashers he got from a Tom Smith Cracker he advertises on MOTD

1 hour ago, daly said:

Couldn’t care less

Won’t  miss that set of Knashers he got from a Tom Smith Cracker he advertises on MOTD

There’s a fair few quid gone into that front row.

I heard he gave Shane MacGowan a run for his money back in the day.

It's always nice when a manager gracefully retires from a club, as it makes a change from the continuous sackings that usually end a manager's stay.

I never minded Klopp, and although he frequently became a pain in the butt in latter years, I can understand why Liverpool supporters adore him.

I wonder who the 'Pool will go for next. By and large, they have seemed better at choosing managers than Manchester United have done since the days of Fergie.

Ditto NCFC/ITFC until very recently? Four City promotions (at least) to the PL under four different managers this century, whilst the Binners have gone through an endless number of Pauls, a Mick and three seasons in L.1. in that time.

As for Klopp? German National coach?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

We need a Ronnie Radford moment now, then. 

Step forward Kenny McClean.

Sargent clearly needs more time, whilst the Rowe injury, might excite conspiracy theorists, it is now a pity that we will be unable to see how effective he can be against PL defenders.

Who?

We needed this announcement like a hole in the head. This will put extra emphasis on getting a good result for Klopp in front of the cameras. I fear we will be torn a new one- especially with long in goal. he could be known as  Theo II come 5pm…

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

………..whilst the Binners have gone through an endless number of Pauls, a Mick and three seasons in L.1. in that time.

Four seasons in League One please.

Don’t big ‘em up. ( big smile )

• Haha 1

Gonna be rough for the prem. he’s the only Manager there currently who’s capable of challenging Pep.

I know man city win it practically every year anyway but no one will push them like Liverpool have under Klopp.