12 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Exactly. If one didn’t know then one would easily take that as a spoof of the worst kind of impenetrable corporate jargonese. 

I see this sort of nonsense at work a lot. It’s got to the stage where sometimes I will go to a company’s website to find out more about what their product does, and leave none the wiser. 

I particularly liked the following in the quoted press release. As if Lattice wasn’t bad enough. Corporate naming really has got out of control.

With offices in North America and the UK, Lattice serves more than 5,000 customers worldwide, including Slack, Gusto, Monzo, Alan, and more.”

Alan???

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Alan???

I'm bored so gonna go full Partridge. Apart from the great man himself who's your favourite Alan? (Real or fictional)

I'm going for Rickman or Alan Grant from jurrasic park.

Certainly not Alan Gow. I remember him being awful and that has made me forget any other Alans that played for the club!

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

The only announcement we wanted to hear this transfer window was for incoming players. Instead we get HR software.

"The purpose of an HR department is to protect the company from its employees."

True, dat.

Don

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

I'm bored so gonna go full Partridge. Apart from the great man himself who's your favourite Alan? (Real or fictional)

I'm going for Rickman or Alan Grant from jurrasic park.

Certainly not Alan Gow. I remember him being awful and that has made me forget any other Alans that played for the club!

My cousin Alan. He was a Special Constable at Spurs back in the early 80s. He'd keep an eye out for my brothers. 

A worrying aspect of this drivel is that somebody at the club probably the Ed Turnham mentioned spent time putting the announcement together and publishing it on the club website for fans to read. Somebody not reading the room obviously.

12 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

This sounds like an American outfit so I reckon Mr. Attanasio’s got his fingerprints all over this.

I thought that until I saw this. Clearly webbers last act.

Screenshot_20240120_125351_Chrome.jpg

8 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

'

I imagine Zoe is tingling from head to toe.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves ... '

Thought Webber was up a mountain 

i bet Alan was the Sales Rep for Soccerbot he called Zoe when he stated work for lattice ,

HI Zoe lattice can help you get the very best out of soccerbot sign here 

Funnily Lattice is used widely in small and medium companies in the tech scene in the UK and US. Very strange to see them in the sport space but I'd hazard a guess this is going to be used more on the business than sporting side of things?

On 19/01/2024 at 20:39, PurpleCanary said:

Exactly. If one didn’t know then one would easily take that as a spoof of the worst kind of impenetrable corporate jargonese. 

Turning Jargonese ?  ............enough to give one the Vapors if you ask me 😉

Edited by C.I.D