Sign in to follow this  
The Canaries Trust

NCFC shares for sale

14 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

So why wouldn't that offer be matched with these buyers?

Capture.JPG.69e2c12680abf74e005386adc04bae9d.JPG

Buyers are requested to provide an indication of their likely bid price, but it doesn’t mean that they will make an offer. In fact, the vast majority of potential buyers don’t actually make a bid each time there’s a new share offer listed.

All buyers receive an email when shares are listed by a seller, but it is their choice whether to bid, or not.

• Like 1

Out of interest - how is a share valued at £50?

26 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Out of interest - how is a share valued at £50?

It’s simply the quoting price requested by the seller. The ultimate price may be higher, or lower, depending upon the levels of interest.

11 minutes ago, The Canaries Trust said:

It’s simply the quoting price requested by the seller. The ultimate price may be higher, or lower, depending upon the levels of interest.

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

You knew that was a bad idea the moment you wrote that comment!

Yep he has decided to start his own thread about shares.

At the moment £1 a share sounds about right

Sold a few thousand a 100 years ago that’s how it feel to Jimmy Jones for a fraction of that price 

Don't get Nutty Nigel started on this... it is completely impossible to even make a half-educated guess on the value of a share in NCFC. A total joke to even try. They are valued somewhere between £0.01 and £13.6m each and that's all he can give you.

Edited by Worthy Nigelton

2 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Don't get Nutty Nigel started on this... it is completely impossible to even make a half-educated guess on the value of a share in NCFC. A total joke to even try. They are valued somewhere between £0.01 and £13.6m each and that's all he can give you.

At the risk of stating the obvious, as unlisted shares, they are worth whatever someone is willing to offer for them.

Trying to make a logical assessment of worth is difficult, not that it will stop some people from trying. Mark Attanasio put down his marker in late 2022, but there’s plenty of other fans who’ll pay a higher price for small bundles of shares. 

3 hours ago, The Canaries Trust said:

At the risk of stating the obvious, as unlisted shares, they are worth whatever someone is willing to offer for them.

Trying to make a logical assessment of worth is difficult, not that it will stop some people from trying. Mark Attanasio put down his marker in late 2022, but there’s plenty of other fans who’ll pay a higher price for small bundles of shares. 

Dearie me. We have another one.

7 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Is that right? Or did you just make that up. 
In trying to ridicule you are making yourself look ridiculous. 
However redemption is easy. You just need to post what the share price is…

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Canaries Trust said:

Demonstrating a rate of increase wasn't difficult around the turn of the century. It only seems to have become so following the pandemic and the bloated PremierLeague wage bill.

If we were to use the Fixed Asset base as a guide (£42.3 million in 2023 v  £16.6 million in 2002) suggests £62.50 as a fair price now. Pity Norfolk Groups new investment isn't set as that to reduce debt and set a new benchmark for minority trading.

In relation to those minorities around 6,800 people own around 90,000 shares for an average of 13 each whilst around 50 people own around 60,000 for an average of 1,200 each. Whilst the Trust bargaining facility may well cater for the former, it is hard to see that it does for the latter. 

23 minutes ago, essex canary said:

In relation to those minorities around 6,800 people own around 90,000 shares for an average of 13 each whilst around 50 people own around 60,000 for an average of 1,200 each. Whilst the Trust bargaining facility may well cater for the former, it is hard to see that it does for the latter. 

This is more a reflection of the Club’s shareholding demographics, rather than an issue with the matched bargain arrangement itself.

The brutal reality is that it’s highly unlikely someone would be willing to acquire, say, 1,000 shares, especially in an unlisted security, which doesn’t pay a dividend, that doesn’t give any significant benefit, aside from the seat for life.

33 minutes ago, GMF said:

This is more a reflection of the Club’s shareholding demographics, rather than an issue with the matched bargain arrangement itself.

The brutal reality is that it’s highly unlikely someone would be willing to acquire, say, 1,000 shares, especially in an unlisted security, which doesn’t pay a dividend, that doesn’t give any significant benefit, aside from the seat for life.

Surely if the shares were sold the seat for life would remain with the seller or disappear altogether?

"I'll just sell my 1,000 shares for £1 to my great grandson insuring the longevity of that seat for life..."

Edited by nutty nigel

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Is that right? Or did you just make that up. 
In trying to ridicule you are making yourself look ridiculous. 
However redemption is easy. You just need to post what the share price is…

😂 Very good! I'm too busy trying to remember if my house is worth roughly £400k or £12.75.

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Surely if the shares were sold the seat for life would remain with the seller or disappear altogether?

"I'll just sell my 1,000 shares for £1 to my great grandson insuring the longevity of that seat for life..."

If only there was an Independent Football Ombudsman adjudication Report for guidance on this! 

😂 Very good! I'm too busy trying to remember if my house is worth roughly £400k or £12.75.

It’s worth what someone is willing to pay for it… :classic_cool:

• Like 1

All things considered it's a comfort to know we have an Estate Agent to add to the other business owners and FPAs...

56 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

All things considered it's a comfort to know we have an Estate Agent to add to the other business owners and FPAs...

If anyone wants to buy it, I’m CeMap qualified… 😉

15 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

The answer is 'disappear altogether' but perhaps not if I sell to Tom Smith.

17 hours ago, GMF said:

Exactly especially with the seat for life being 'non-transferable' whereas 'transferable' would partially mitigate the situation.

It also clearly explains why the 'bargaining facility' as outlined in the rule 9 waiver papers is not an adequate share transfer option for the 50 or so people who hold more than 100 shares who have clearly not been subject to proper consideration within the process. A matter to which that the Company Secretary has now promised me a response.  

12 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Exactly especially with the seat for life being 'non-transferable' whereas 'transferable' would partially mitigate the situation.

It also clearly explains why the 'bargaining facility' as outlined in the rule 9 waiver papers is not an adequate share transfer option for the 50 or so people who hold more than 100 shares who have clearly not been subject to proper consideration within the process. A matter to which that the Company Secretary has now promised me a response.  

Obviously the new company secretary has a lot to learn but i am sure his colleagues will put him wise.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Obviously the new company secretary has a lot to learn but i am sure his colleagues will put him wise.

He may need to put in a call to Ipswich for that purpose.

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

Why would a seat for life be transferable - surely, that's the benefit of you owning 1,000 shares?

There's actually more than 230 shareholders with 100 shares, or more. The biggest lot we've sold is 350, it just needs a bit of imagination...

Edited by GMF