Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Think Delias bar has been outdone

20 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Can people not support Norwich from a far? You seem to be dead against it

The post you quoted has nothing to do with supporting Norwich from afar. There’s a difference between supporting Norwich from afar and criticising Norwich supporters from afar. 

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Is she clapped in on her entrance after matches? Plastic cups look good. 

She goes in to have her personal space invaded by all accounts.

18 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I like real pubs, that is not a pub. 

Hear hear! I would rather spend my cash in a real pub or local shop than fund the extortion that takes place every matchday.

And not entertain the dross lager served in a plastic at a rip-off price.

43 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Don't quite get ' your expectations have been dashed again ' comment as i was asking for confirmation that D&M paid for it as you stated as that had passed me by in the accounts but then again our most respected FPA didn't exactly give a definitive answer as to the mechanics of the refurb. As for helping with the design i suspect that the late lamented BP and ACN saw their involvement as a final act of helping with matchday experience and atmosphere hence my reference to there being more life in a tramps vest and atmosphere in a morgue.

The joke is that Delia complete with a plastic glass in her hand was happy to have a photo with a 20%er thinking he was an adoring disciple. 

Look forward to the L&C providing a return on the money spent in about at least 10 years time. Restricted access to punters before the game and closing by 8pm together will being shut on non match days won't help.

Another 20%-er who is scared to talk to an 80 year old lady about how he really feels, so think's he's "getting one over her" by having a photo "pretending" to be nice.

I just started shivering with second-hand cringe. What a man that guy must be.

Anyway, Lion and Castle was great for those who couldn't go Ipswich away. 

I'm a Lower Barclay ST holder and we don't spend a great deal of time there but it's good to be able to head down a bit earlier than usual and grab an extra drink or two (helps they do spirits etc too).

It's always pretty busy pre-match so hopefully it's generating money.

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

She goes in to have her personal space invaded by all accounts.

What actually is ‘all accounts’. Is it FPA terminology?

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Another 20%-er who is scared to talk to an 80 year old lady about how he really feels, so think's he's "getting one over her" by having a photo "pretending" to be nice.

I'm a Lower Barclay ST holder and we don't spend a great deal of time there but it's good to be able to head down a bit earlier than usual and grab an extra drink or two (helps they do spirits etc too).

Have some compassion Hoggy. Poor bloke’s only got half a face…

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Have some compassion Hoggy. Poor bloke’s only got half a face…

Edited on purpose so his personal space was not invaded.

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

So you know for a fact he did not have a chat with her ? Good i am glad you made that clear.

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Try real pubs in the city, cheaper beers and served in a glass. They show the football too for Sky matches. 

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Try real pubs in the city, cheaper beers and served in a glass. They show the football too for Sky matches. 

I wonder whether you or Hoggy have tried more pubs in the City…

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I wonder whether you or Hoggy have tried more pubs in the City…

Good lord, that’s dumb even by your standards. 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Good lord, that’s dumb even by your standards. 

Well I know I have. If I was having a bet I’d go with the Hogmeister.

But then you do pretend a lot…

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well I know I have. If I was having a bet I’d go with the Hogmeister.

But then you do pretend a lot…

You danced to this catchy tune in the 80’s didn’t you. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I'm not a big beer drinker, tend to be a Whisky / Rum fan.

Fully aware of all the city pubs, where we often start our afternoon but the Lion & Castle is a great upgrade on what we had before and it get's us in a bit earlier for an extra drink or two, which i'm guessing means it's doing it's job!

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

So you know for a fact he did not have a chat with her ? Good i am glad you made that clear.

So to follow what you've said, he asks for a selfie with her first and then proceeds to tell her what he really thinks? Wow, what a weasel of a man!

37 minutes ago, hogesar said:

So to follow what you've said, he asks for a selfie with her first and then proceeds to tell her what he really thinks? Wow, what a weasel of a man!

To be fair Hoggy I think that behaviour plus half a face suggests a split personality. In fact I think I’ve seen the other side of his face in the City wearing a hi-viz vest and camo trousers…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

The post you quoted has nothing to do with supporting Norwich from afar. There’s a difference between supporting Norwich from afar and criticising Norwich supporters from afar. 

So the “armchair” jibes only apply to people who criticise? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

So the “armchair” jibes only apply to people who criticise? 

You Arthurs have got it all. Nice cosy armchair, centrally heated room, pause button if you need a wee, commentary to tell you what’s happening, home-made tea and scones at half-time, and of course the cou de gra of VAR.

Why would you want to criticise us legacy supporters who sit in the cold and wet with only our thermals and some extra strong mints to keep us warm. Takes 10 mins to have a wee, no pause button, just the sound of folk waking up if we miss a goal. No commentary except from the woman behind pontificating about whether to wash her curtains on Monday. But thankfully, for this season at least, no VAR.

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You Arthurs have got it all. Nice cosy armchair, centrally heated room, pause button if you need a wee, commentary to tell you what’s happening, home-made tea and scones at half-time, and of course the cou de gra of VAR.

Why would you want to criticise us legacy supporters who sit in the cold and wet with only our thermals and some extra strong mints to keep us warm. Takes 10 mins to have a wee, no pause button, just the sound of folk waking up if we miss a goal. No commentary except from the woman behind pontificating about whether to wash her curtains on Monday. But thankfully, for this season at least, no VAR.

How many home matches would you honestly attend if you lived 120 miles away and worked full time? Not expecting a straight answer by the way, probably a few questions instead. 

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Thanks for your odd perception, but I get to quite a few matches.

Also, you really must have a legacy if it takes ten minutes to have your wee

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How many home matches would you honestly attend if you lived 120 miles away and worked full time? Not expecting a straight answer by the way, probably a few questions instead. 

I wouldn’t move 120 miles away.

But if for some reason I couldn’t go I wouldn’t continually post on here criticising those who do go.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I wouldn’t move 120 miles away.

But if for some reason I couldn’t go I wouldn’t continually post on here criticising those who do go.

So not many then. 

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Thanks for your odd perception, but I get to quite a few matches.

Also, you really must have a legacy if it takes ten minutes to have your wee

It takes 10 mins to get there, wait for any occupant to vacate, get the job done and return during a break of play so as not to be too much of a nuisance to the other legacy supporters watching the game.

Im glad you get to games. Despite everything it’s still the best way to support our club.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

So not many then. 

Not any because it ain’t gonna happen.

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It takes 10 mins to get there, wait for any occupant to vacate, get the job done and return during a break of play so as not to be too much of a nuisance to the other legacy supporters watching the game.

Im glad you get to games. Despite everything it’s still the best way to support our club.

No doubt it’s the best way.

I’ve never lived in Norwich and wish I had the time to get a season ticket, but it’s never a struggle to get a ticket 

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You danced to this catchy tune in the 80’s didn’t you. 

Digressing somewhat, this qualifies for accidental Norwich City; there's a yellow door in the video with.a green frame at 22 seconds.

34 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I bit the bullet and got a Hot Chocolate at half-time on Saturday. Probably an advisable course of action albeit that investing in a flask is probably a better still economic decision.  

4 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

27 quid in a cardboard box…….where’s the linen napkin and bone china plate ?

Fancy eating that lot standing up lol