Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Why do people do things like this

15 hours ago, essex canary said:

The Tony Martin case revolved around the principle of 'an englishman's home is his castle'. That doesn't mean his response was justified but to a degree he was driven too it. 

Tony Martin is/was the nephew of Andrew Fountaine who was born into a wealthy land owning family in Norfolk and was a founding member of the National Front and their first candidate in a general election, he land was used for drilling exercises. Tony Martin was himself long associated with the National Front, and after his jail term joined the British National Party.

That's why I won't join in with those chants. I find it quite humorous when directed to Liverpool or Everton fans.

I otherwise have a degree of sympathy for somebody protecting their property and the headspace he might have been in, Farmers own shotguns and are liable to use them. It might therefore be a good idea for the thieving scum to leave farmers alone.

16 hours ago, essex canary said:

The Tony Martin case revolved around the principle of 'an englishman's home is his castle'. That doesn't mean his response was justified but to a degree he was driven too it. 

Not it didn’t.  You should actually try to find the proper evidence rather than the crap reported about ‘protecting your property’.  He is/was in no way an example of it and is in no way a legitimate totem.  The simple fact is that a jury found him guilty of murder. 

16 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not it didn’t.  You should actually try to find the proper evidence rather than the crap reported about ‘protecting your property’.  He is/was in no way an example of it and is in no way a legitimate totem.  The simple fact is that a jury found him guilty of murder. 

By a verdict of 10:2 later revised to manslaughter by the Court of Appeal on the grounds that he was suffering from a paranoid condition. Then again many people would be if their property was continually burgled which is why there were elements of public sympathy.

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

By a verdict of 10:2 later revised to manslaughter by the Court of Appeal on the grounds that he was suffering from a paranoid condition. Then again many people would be if their property was continually burgled which is why there were elements of public sympathy.

Precisely - those who hears the evidence found him guilty of murder.  Period.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Precisely - those who hears the evidence found him guilty of murder.  Period.

The man did society a favour

23 hours ago, Well b back said:

Didn’t realise this was happening, but it seems Millwall fans last week and Coventry fans this week, mocking Leicester and their fans about this disastrous day. 
Disgusting behaviour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-67968056

It's not just supporters but newspapers (well, The Sun).

The ill fan died. Insensitive doesn't begin to describe this for family and friends...plus fellow supporters.

Why is it always The Sun?

12 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Well they definitely haven’t taken the full allocation as seats have become available to home fans in block H of the South stand. Sorry to disappoint you as you’ve been ‘bigging them up’ on a couple of threads.

Surprised at that as they travel really well generally. 

On 14/01/2024 at 17:54, cambridgeshire canary said:

The people he shot he shot while they were exiting his home, shooting them in the back as they were unarmed using an illegaly owned firearm.

My heart bleeds for them.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

My heart bleeds for them.

That was definitely the phrase to use.

• Haha 1

Well this has turned into a nice read 😔. Takes all sorts I suppose.