Yellow Fever

Rowe - A conundrum?

4 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I'm pleased obviously he scored twice today - I would guess right time right place.

Trouble is in many games including this one he's otherwise absent without leave.

What to do ?

Going forward - superb.

When the opposition have the ball? Needs coaching.

But he’s young, hopefully our coaching staff can develop him into an even better player. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I'm pleased obviously he scored twice today - I would guess right time right place.

Trouble is in many games including this one he's otherwise absent without leave.

What to do ?

Let him continue to develop? He’s an exceptional talent with goals in him. 

Even if he isn’t performing above average elsewhere, those are players worth carrying for what they bring, goals, the currency of football. He’s a golden goose.

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He’s our next gem to sell (as we always do) he’s already scored more headed goals this season than idah could ever dream of. A very special player who’s already being looked at by top flight teams. 

Seems like a very level headed guy as well. Spears well when interviewed. If he can learn to get his head up a bit more and play team mates in when the pass is on, then he could well end up at a top half PL side.

At the moment still a bit raw. The other thing that may concern PL scouted is that he seems to have to come off after 60-70mins. 

A bright light in a pretty dull season so far

11 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Going forward - superb.

When the opposition have the ball? Needs coaching.

But he’s young, hopefully our coaching staff can develop him into an even better player. 

Definitely and he doesn't lack effort when we havnt got the ball.

I've wondered whether he'd make it as a striker actually, but if Wagner and co saw it as a possibility, our situation as it's been would have been the obvious time to have tried , so probably not.

And I'm not saying he should been tried there either, and shifting players around especially when they haven't long broken through could bring more harm than good / if it's not broke don't fix it etcetc. Just on the face of it, the way he plays seems more suited to it than most wingers, and we know about his finishing of course. 

Fantastic player with bags of potential worth a absolute fortune being english

i think he will play in a front 3 can finish and is doing it for his national sides  level as well ,

one of the most exciting young players around ,

But Needs to play for 90 mins ,

he is a young fresh footballer who needs to up his endurance levels ,

No idea why this is as he has all the top fitness staff looking after him ? 

But to be a PL you have to keep going for 95 mins not 65 mins 

Rowe has one great talent. He can score. Another Holt who was able to get the ball into the net from almost impossible angles and positions. It is not about being in the right place, either. As I am not sure another City player would have got the ball in the net for the first yesterday, or v Weds. What ever deficiencies he supposedly has we can live with. I am sure that they are being worked on in training. However, you cannot work to improve a goal scoring ability (see Idah). You either have it, or you don't Johnny Rowe has it Best to enjoy his time here. A rare talent who will inevitably go on to higher things.

I remember it being said that Rowe had endurance issues and that would make perfect sense with players who are so fast off the mark. The first goal was a prime example - full-length leap for a diving header that didn't quite reach. No worry, ball came back in, and he went for the overhead kick. Two extremely explosive, dynamic motions, and he still got back up quickly enough to poke beyond Hladky. So I don't think people should be quite so surprised if he doesn't play too many full 90s. Keep him fresh and explosive.

He's not really an old-school winger. He's an inverted winger or an inside forward for me. Likes to cut inside and whack one, and he can finish.

3 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Rowe has one great talent. He can score. Another Holt who was able to get the ball into the net from almost impossible angles and positions. It is not about being in the right place, either. As I am not sure another City player would have got the ball in the net for the first yesterday, or v Weds. What ever deficiencies he supposedly has we can live with. I am sure that they are being worked on in training. However, you cannot work to improve a goal scoring ability (see Idah). You either have it, or you don't Johnny Rowe has it Best to enjoy his time here. A rare talent who will inevitably go on to higher things.

i totally agree that can not be coached his composure is fantastic

His 1st goal yesterday was superb ,

How he remained composed after he had tried a over head fell on ground ball flying about and he still had total control of what he wanted to do,

Amazing for someone who is so young ,

i think he will be upfront at a club sometime in his career and if sold will bring a record fee to the club 

On 17/12/2023 at 08:39, Yellow Fever said:

What to do ?

Need him just the way he is ! Any limitations may see him fly under the radar of other clubs. If he was to improve his overall game - he'd be gone next window !

16 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Need him just the way he is ! Any limitations may see him fly under the radar of other clubs. If he was to improve his overall game - he'd be gone next window !

He'll be gone in the summer, at the latest. Some promoted club will take a punt on his talent, despite his current limitations. 

16 hours ago, Six Pack said:

eh ?

Players are tracked from an early stage, not just when they make headlines. That is how we signed Gibbs before he had even played a senior game for then binners. Reyes the goalie and a host of other promising youngster, most of who did not break through  -though  Gordon, Maddison, Aarons. Lewis did, even Buendia to a certain extent.