Sign in to follow this  
Positive_Canary

'Legend' status for the player with a bit of magic next wee

So much noise around how good Ipswich are and how dreadful we are, but this isn't just another game against them. They are firm favourites, so a damaging defeat of them would be so much more enjoyable, even after 14 years of domination. 

It will only require a single moment of quality, or maybe even luck, to set us on the way to another win or draw and that could harm their automatic promotion prospects significantly with Leeds firing on all cylinders.

Morsy and Williams (if he plays) need a bit of extra attention, as they have yellow and red cards written all over them. Placheta would be my choice to work Williams and Barnes or Duffy should leave something on Morsy at some point to tease out the yellow he needs to be banned against Leeds. 

I would definitely leave Idah off as a potential physical impact sub and big up Rowe as the one to pull something out of the bag.

Win, lose or draw I hope everyone is healthy and looking forward to a peaceful xmas. 

1 booking short I believe. They are considering leaving him out against Watford.

Either way, a booking against us would rule him out of either Leeds or Leicester I think. Worth taking a yellow to get him suspended. 

Wonder if Rowe will be left out against Weds as also one booking away.

Have a feeling Gunny is going to have to have the game of his life.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Rowe didn't even start against Preston. Do feel he's being saved for the Derby.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think he may need to!!

1 hour ago, Positive_Canary said:

1 booking short I believe. They are considering leaving him out against Watford.

Either way, a booking against us would rule him out of either Leeds or Leicester I think. Worth taking a yellow to get him suspended. 

I thought his next booking involved missing two games as it would be his tenth booking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

I thought his next booking involved missing two games as it would be his tenth booking.

You may well be correct? What a day it would be if we could beat them and get Morsy out for Leeds and Leicester. 

We’re going to get absolutely trounced and it will be one of the most humiliating days in ours history.

And it might just be the only thing that will get us out of this hole long term. A massive wake up call is needed - pound for pound we have the most arrogant board in the football league. 

Bashley needs to be all over Morsy and wind him up. Anything to get the scum out of their normal rhythm. That's our best and probably only chance is to change into a one-off battle and just hope we have a few moments of quality to open them up.

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Rowe didn't even start against Preston. Do feel he's being saved for the Derby.

No he was pretty poor at Bristol City and done little when he came on Saturday. We're not playing to his strengths - we need him and Giannoulis linking up on the left but  Wagner prefers Onel at the moment.

3 hours ago, NFN FC said:

We need to absolutely sh1thouse them. Wind them up and wait for the reds.

Ashley Barnes, come on down.

• Like 1