Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Accepting responsibility

It seems very odd to hear both Wagner and Adams put forward “squad is too old” as an excuse for the malaise. Both of them were literally part of the process that hired the old players less than a year ago. Then they even had the brass neck to explain we are saddled with them until they get sold or contracts run out….YOU agreed to those contracts only a few months ago!!!

Talk about failing to accept responsibility. Doubtless they will blame Webber despite both being part of the process to sign 

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It seems very odd to hear both Wagner and Adams put forward “squad is too old” as an excuse for the malaise. Both of them were literally part of the process that hired the old players less than a year ago. Then they even had the brass neck to explain we are saddled with them until they get sold or contracts run out….YOU agreed to those contracts only a few months ago!!!

Talk about failing to accept responsibility. Doubtless they will blame Webber despite both being part of the process to sign 

I agree in theory, although we can never know how much input they really had into the recruitment or whether Webber just rode roughshod over any resistance to his ridiculous Dad's Army policy. You can argue they should have resisted more strongly, but that's easy to say when it's not our own jobs on the line.

Webber has left this club in a mess for literally years and we have an owner who is weeping because he has gone and whose total disdain for the fans was made abundantly clear last night.

We're utterly screwed.

Don't know what you make of it really. I don't really care what Adams says but surely Wagner had a huge say in the players we signed? I wonder if there's a bit of Knapper bum licking going on as he has said the squad is too old.

We've been saying it all season and it's pretty obvious when you look at fitness levels, injuries and a general lack of speed and agility.

Quite amusing though as a few on here insisted that wasn't the case...

• Like 1

Under the Smith -Wynn Jones regime we hsve had around 15 managers. Of those I’d say only Worthington, Lambert and Farke showed success in the role i.e. the owners have a 20% success rate in appointing  managers competent in getting a squad to perform consistently. Should Wagner get the bullet I have no confidence that they will buck the trend in their appointment success ratio.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I loved Farke but how can he be a success yet Hughton and Neil not? 

As I am always fond of saying. Don't  get too attached to managers, they eventually move on or are moved out.

Success for NCFC will always be transient, enjoy the ups and suffer through the downs. Its what we do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

As I am always fond of saying. Don't  get too attached to managers, they eventually move on or are moved out.

Success for NCFC will always be transient, enjoy the ups and suffer through the downs. Its what we do.

I know Rickyyy. But Delia and Michael are judged on PL success but Farke not.

Your post is the truth.

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I loved Farke but how can he be a success yet Hughton and Neil not? 

Hughton was given the best Norwich squad in the last 30 years which has established itself in the prem. He will be remembered as a failure because he wasted that opportunity. 

Neil made the best of his situation but the rise was too steep at the time for a guy straight from Hamilton to be expected to keep us up. I don’t think of him as a failure more as someone who we put in a position to be out of his depth through his quick success in getting us promoted. You can probably say the same about Farke that his first success came too quickly to adequately prepare him for the first season in the prem and the jump in standard. We will never know what would have came had he been given a full second season. 

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Your post is the truth.

Because we have seen all this many times before. Football is a reflection of life, it isn't  all beer and skittles.

This season is turning out worse than expected and we look for someone to blame. I'm just happy I don't own the club, it must be depressing to be cheered to rafters and then denigrated on a rotational basis every few years.

There was a time when I used to get really upset. I guess I have mellowed with age.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Because we have seen all this many times before. Football is a reflection of life, it isn't  all beer and skittles.

This season is turning out worse than expected and we look for someone to blame. I'm just happy I don't own the club, it must be depressing to be cheered to rafters and then denigrated on a rotational basis every few years.

There was a time when I used to get really upset. I guess I have mellowed with age.

I might be wrong, maybe it’s case of it’s always been this way, but it does seem like the modern era (and I mean everything not just football) suffers from a complete lack of humility.

Everyone knows there will be ups and downs, luck changes, poor decisions are made and plans don’t work out. 

Personally I don’t need a pound of flesh when we are on a downward trend but some humility, ownership and honest reflection would be a refreshing change of pace.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I used to think it was like family. But for many it would be a dysfunctional family. Forever divorcing the wife and chucking out the kids.

Maybe it’s like a reality tv show.

17 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I used to think it was like family. But for many it would be a dysfunctional family. Forever divorcing the wife and chucking out the kids.

Maybe it’s like a reality tv show.

I’d compare it more to religion than anything else. Vast majority take up supporting due to their family. We all turn up to our place of worship once a week to sing our hymns. There are different once’s available but everyone always thinks their one is the best. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I’d compare it more to religion than anything else. Vast majority take up supporting due to their family. We all turn up to our place of worship once a week to sing our hymns. There are different once’s available but everyone always thinks their one is the best. 

Sometimes our prayers are answered, sometimes they aren't but we keep on believing. 

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

They've also ignored Wagners strange formations, usless tactics and bizzare substitutions as being a reason for our losses and instead claimed it's all down to injuries and nothing else.

They may have agreed with Kenny as a central defender, Gibbs as a striker and the creative Sara playing virtually on our eighteen yard line.

13 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Your post is the truth.

Simply because they said they wanted to become an established Premier League Club!

T.hey said in their annual report “The Club’s future strategy is to strive to be an established Premier League club.”

and more recently: “Aim of being in the country’s top 26 has been upgraded”. When Farke was Head Coach. And what happened, they sacked him then they appointed Smith and Wagner!

Edited by City 2nd
Updated