Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Yobocop’s Big Post of the Week: Referee watch

Greetings Pink Un members,

This week, our focus centre's on the referees who've left an impact on Norwich City matches.

Share your insights on standout referees, both commendable and contentious, who have overseen our games.

We invite you to recount memorable moments officiated by referees in the yellow and green. From commendable decisions to eyebrow-raising incidents, let's compile a comprehensive view of Norwich City's refereeing landscape.

Your contributions are valued as we navigate through this exploration of officiating dynamics. Keep it insightful and engaging as we unravel the chapters of Norwich City's footballing journey.

Looking forward to your thoughtful reflections,

Yobocop x 

The ref who gave Ipswich a last minute penalty (to equalise) against us and then dramatically and comically changed his mind. Gunny took the resultant free kick from the penalty spot, which was top bants.

And the ref who set up Phil Mulryne's goal at Reading with his back in the Worthy title season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The ref who gave Ipswich a last minute penalty (to equalise) against us and then dramatically and comically changed his mind. Gunny took the resultant free kick from the penalty spot, which was top bants.

And the ref who set up Phil Mulryne's goal at Reading with his back in the Worthy title season. 

sorry I know you’ve banned them but couldn’t resist…

Guilty I support Reading….

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Also Reading, who was that ref who sent Grant Holt off there for it to be overturned a few days later? 

Michael someone? He hasn’t turned out to have a bad career 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Simon Hooper, nuff said

What? I’m not a referee. Or Simon Hooper.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Neil swarbrick was always a bit of a moron wasn’t he? 

what about the time one of the fans had to be 4th official due to two referees being injured in the same match? 

15 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The ref who gave Ipswich a last minute penalty (to equalise) against us and then dramatically and comically changed his mind. Gunny took the resultant free kick from the penalty spot, which was top bants

Ah yes . The legendary Kevin Lynch. Wonderful man. Absolutely hopeless as a ref but who cares?
Burleys reaction was priceless. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

19 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

These were the two that sprung to mind............

Who could forget the comedy refereeing of Eddie Ilderton at Tranmere in 2010? Penalties, missed handbills, imaginary handballs and a red card for Fraser Forster.

Going further back, this one still boggles the mind 25 years on...

25 minutes ago, Hissing Sid said:

Who could forget the comedy refereeing of Eddie Ilderton at Tranmere in 2010? Penalties, missed handbills, imaginary handballs and a red card for Fraser Forster.

Awful clearly won the ball - good shout on ilderton forgot about him 

That Tranmere match with Ilderton nearly got me banned from a local pub in Sheffield. I was full of fury that night!

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hissing Sid said:

I've always really hated Everton without quite knowing why. But I do remember that incident now you mention it. Perhaps that's why!

Who was the guy who sent Lambert off for coming on the pitch a couple of yards to retrieve the ball after it had gone out of play? Whole catalogue of terrible decisions but just can't remember which game it was 

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

That Tranmere match with Ilderton nearly got me banned from a local pub in Sheffield. I was full of fury that night!

Hard to find video evidence but it's here! Should start at the right point (1:49:30 if it doesnt)

• Thanks 2