Satriales

Thank you, Stuart Webber

8 hours ago, WD40 said:

Forgot to plan for the cigarettes did he? Not surprised.

We had some, they were just for extra-curricular activities in the end. Don't blame us, blame your wife.

5 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

You including Farke in that? Would be interested to hear your argument. Swift, I guess, given he knew him already. But picking someone most people in English football hadn't heard of, but was clearly an outstanding coach, doesn't strike me as a lazy appointment.

It wasn't a lazy appointment in the sense he could have picked a more obvious option, but I do question how he arrived at it. I think if you want to take a cynical view of Farke's appointment you could easily say that Webber simply went back to what had worked before at Huddersfield, ie appointing the Dortmund B team coach. I certainly don't think there was an extensive process to decide on Farke and that to me is a problem. The fact it worked doesn't change that. 

• Thanks 1

The 'Guard of Honour' (sic) given to Webber shows you in one action what is wrong with Norwich City. 

The club is condoning passive aggressive behaviour as acceptable. It isn't. 

If he is ever to work in football again - and that's no given - he will have to change the way he behaves, otherwise it will not be tolerated. 

Some people are successful, some are failures. Webber was arguably both at Norwich City. But the way he treated fans must never, ever happen again at this club. 

• Like 2

Got some things right and some things wrong but the things he got right left us with some unforgetable memories.

Life is full of ups and downs, many thanks Stuart.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, komakino said:

The 'Guard of Honour' (sic) given to Webber shows you in one action what is wrong with Norwich City. 

If he is ever to work in football again - and that's no given - he will have to change the way he behaves, otherwise it will not be tolerated. 

Some people are successful, some are failures. Webber was arguably both at Norwich City. But the way he treated fans must never, ever happen again at this club. 

100%. What constitutes success will always be ambiguous to fans - but the chip on his shoulder re our fan base and a frankly passive local media was not ambiguous. Nor was the fact the owners let him get away with it. 

1 hour ago, repman said:

It wasn't a lazy appointment in the sense he could have picked a more obvious option, but I do question how he arrived at it. I think if you want to take a cynical view of Farke's appointment you could easily say that Webber simply went back to what had worked before at Huddersfield, ie appointing the Dortmund B team coach. I certainly don't think there was an extensive process to decide on Farke and that to me is a problem. The fact it worked doesn't change that. 

Understood, cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, repman said:

I guess that is the difficult thing to judge as we don't know how long he might have tracked Farke. Having taken the previous coach and seen that their replacement had done even better he could have kept tabs on him for years potentially? I'm sure some could level the same at Knapper if he say he went and appointed Carlos Cuesta (who sounds like a really innovative young coach) because he has worked with him. Like you say you hope its a thorough process but I guess we wont ever know. 

• Like 1

On the process to select Farke, I've never seen anything said about how it happened, and it would be really weird if he'd just gone back to the Dortmund B team coach, I'd seriously hope it was a case of Webber becoming aware of Farke because of the historical connection and then meeting with him and coming to the conclusion he was the right guy.  It's all speculation.

We can be much more critical about the Dean Smith appointment where he was still in a job at Villa when Farke was sacked, and the decision to appoint him after Villa sacked him was clearly made in a rush, and he had a totally different coaching style to Farke and could not have been a worse successor to Farke for that reason.

4 hours ago, komakino said:

Snowflake much?

18 hours ago, hogesar said:

We had some, they were just for extra-curricular activities in the end. Don't blame us, blame your wife.

She said it was funny watching you noshing Stu through tears begging him to stay.