Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

JANUARY 2024

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

You think football fans in a stadium have to hate someone to in order to chant at them to "duck off now"?

i think it speaks volumes that the points on my posts are ignored in favour of this.

But it's all about the delivery. The chant was hateful.

8 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

I do hate Webber and Delia and Wynnie and for very good reason. What they are doing putting themselves first and the club last is the most heinous crime.

You’re on your own there!

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

He is gone.

Has he? I’ve not heard anything of the sort officially! So must assume that’s not correct!

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

i think it speaks volumes that the points on my posts are ignored in favour of this.

But it's all about the delivery. The chant was hateful.

No it wasn't. It was angry. Understandably so.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Has he? I’ve not heard anything of the sort officially! So must assume that’s not correct!

Gotta go Indy. By the way, I'm not touchy, I'm amused by the attention. Perhaps I can be Webber's replacement for a while...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well you'd certainly know about angry Dan...

Not really, but I do know football fans telling a failed Sporting Director to **** off doesn't mean they hate the bloke. It's so obvious a fact that I'm surprised it needs saying. I suspect you know that too, but you have a weird narrative to construct that demonises the fans whilst making Webber the victim. It's weird.

11 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Not really, but I do know football fans telling a failed Sporting Director to **** off doesn't mean they hate the bloke. It's so obvious a fact that I'm surprised it needs saying. I suspect you know that too, but you have a weird narrative to construct that demonises the fans whilst making Webber the victim. It's weird.

Already edited the post buddy. I could have edited it to say in my opinion it's hate. But to avoid another bore fest with you I've replaced it with flak. Do you still want to debate the post now? 

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Terrifically positive Purple . I am with you right up to the word Hwang at which point it tails off quite dramatically. 

GPB, perhaps a touch of whimsy towards the end, but I thought a bit of a corrective was needed, given the avalanche of Private Frazerisms...😂

52 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Already edited the post buddy. I could have edited it to say in my opinion it's hate. But to avoid another bore fest with you I've replaced it with flak. Do you still want to debate the post now? 

Well you'd certainly know about flak Nige...

9 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Norwich City Football club has:

A new head coach.

A new sporting director.

A new (US) director in the boardroom.

Sargent back fit and forming an excitingly mobile front two with Hwang.

Hanley back fit and forming an excitingly mobile central defensive unit with Warner.

Rowe sold , Sara sold 

8 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Duffy is horrifically bad. I'm shocked at how terrible he is. I said on another thread, I'd honestly release him in January and just put it down as a mistake and move on.

He's on a 3 year contract and I expect decent wages,  he's going nowhere. 

7 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

but how do S&J still have the final say for the next two years or so? 

Don't forget nephew Tom will vote with them and they retain the "management rights" mentioned in the shareholder agreement. No definition of the latter, but implies very difficult for Attanasio to enforce decisions they don't agree with, other than threatening to pull the plug financially.

Just now, shefcanary said:

Don't forget nephew Tom will vote with them and they retain the "management rights" mentioned in the shareholder agreement. No definition of the latter, but implies very difficult for Attanasio to enforce decisions they don't agree with, other than threatening to pull the plug financially.

Of course he will. Otherwise Auntie will make him eat his greens...

12 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Shef, I wouldn't bank on that happening all the time now! On these management rights:

"As between Norfolk and Delia/Michael, Norfolk agrees that Delia/Michael shall retain their respective titles and management rights consistent with the rights Delia/Michael had immediately prior to the transaction(s) contemplated by this Term Sheet under the Shareholders’ Agreement and applicable law/regulations."

As you say there is no definition given, so I found this general one:

"Management Rights. The rights, if any, of a Partner to participate in the management of the Partnership, including the rights to receive information, to inspect and audit the books and records and to vote on, consent to, or approve actions of the Partnership."

If that is roughly what we have at NCFC, then all that seems to means is that S&J will continue to play the part as directors they always have done. It doesn't to me suggest they will have anything, for example, like a blocking veto or a golden share vote in the boardroom. As far as I know they have never had such a thing.

With respect, I think you may be reading too much into this. Attanasio is no idiot. There is the lockstep deal as far as the big-picture stuff goes, and I doubt he would be happy with anything that gave S&J a veto in the boardroom.

On 06/11/2023 at 12:06, PurpleCanary said:

Norwich City Football club has:

A new head coach.

A new sporting director.

A new (US) director in the boardroom.

Hanley back fit and forming an excitingly mobile central defensive unit with Warner.

And to think some posters were rather sceptical about that prediction...🤩

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Imo Hwang was always making the sort of runs that Sara picked out yesterday, we just didn’t manage to get the ball to him.  For all the slating, I don’t think he’s done that badly and it isn’t as though he was missing gilt-edged chances (unlike Pukki after January last season - who seemed immune from any criticism).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

imo Hwang was always making the sort of runs that Sara picked out yesterday

The only thing I've really noticed about Hwang in the little I've watched since he arrived, is that he's often complaining about team-mates not playing the pass he wants. Have been wondering whether that means he's a prima donna, or whether, as you say, he's been making decent runs that haven't been picked out. Hopefully the latter. As I said on another thread yesterday, if he's a fairly regular Korea international he simply can't be as bad a player as he's looked/people have suggested.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The only thing I've really noticed about Hwang in the little I've watched since he arrived, is that he's often complaining about team-mates not playing the pass he wants. Have been wondering whether that means he's a prima donna, or whether, as you say, he's been making decent runs that haven't been picked out. Hopefully the latter. As I said on another thread yesterday, if he's a fairly regular Korea international he simply can't be as bad a player as he's looked/people have suggested.

Indeed - let’s hope it is the latter rather than the former!  

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Indeed - let’s hope it is the latter rather than the former!  

Rightly or wrongly, the rather unsavoury rumours about his private life probably encouraged me to fear it's the former...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Imo Hwang was always making the sort of runs that Sara picked out yesterday, we just didn’t manage to get the ball to him.  For all the slating, I don’t think he’s done that badly and it isn’t as though he was missing gilt-edged chances (unlike Pukki after January last season - who seemed immune from any criticism).

It's almost like not playing Sara further forward but playing him further back is a crime that wastes his playmaker abilities.

He could be our new Stiepermann but no Wagner just has to try and convert him into a defensive midfielder..

I don't know what his team mates think of Hwang's rather pervy antics. They must get a bit nervous if he gets his phone out in the changing room.

I suspect there could be a reluctance to pass to him as he does make a lot of decent runs. I've noticed the same when he plays for Korea.

32 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't know what his team mates think of Hwang's rather pervy antics. They must get a bit nervous if he gets his phone out in the changing room.

I suspect there could be a reluctance to pass to him as he does make a lot of decent runs. I've noticed the same when he plays for Korea.

What a load of ****. 

On 26/11/2023 at 12:16, PurpleCanary said:

Ahem...😍