Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

Kenny McLean is a liability

20 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

He's a bad footballer. Whether he's at number 8, 10 or 6 (or centre half!). He is short of the required standard and would be the second out of the door behind Duffy if I was in charge.

People still living off the back that he was part of a title winning side 3 seasons ago (playing alingside Skipp)

Well what was good enough three seasons ago , isn't now

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

People still living off the back that he was part of a title winning side 3 seasons ago (playing alingside Skipp)

Well what was good enough three seasons ago , isn't now

I didn't rate him then,but of course he wasn't so exposed in a team that included Skipp, Buendia, Pukki, Aarons, Krul etc etc. He's not very good at anything. Looks at his goalscoring record for a number 8 - totally unacceptable. 

He got put at CB and still made the vital pass for our only goal.

I agree he's not being put in a good position by the manager but he's still outperformed a number of other players today.

Take Kenny out of today's lineup and we probably don't have a single attack as not one other player took responsibility to drive forwards with the ball.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NWC said:

He made the goal today by doing things the posters above were saying he wasn't doing!

God help us.

We were against 10 men and he was given so much space and time to play.

Just a shame he can't be so productive against 11 with less time to pick his passes.

Kenny himself is not the problem when compared to other players around him, but the fact he is first name of the team sheet speaks volumes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He got put at CB and still made the vital pass for our only goal.

I agree he's not being put in a good position by the manager but he's still outperformed a number of other players today.

Take Kenny out of today's lineup and we probably don't have a single attack as not one other player took responsibility to drive forwards with the ball.

What a hill to die on. I like the fact you don't flip-flop around but this is the biggest nonsense post I think you've ever done. He's been awful for a long time now and was again today. Barely anyone is still buying what you are selling.

3 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

What a hill to die on. I like the fact you don't flip-flop around but this is the biggest nonsense post I think you've ever done. He's been awful for a long time now and was again today. Barely anyone is still buying what you are selling.

Hes been one of our best players this season and despite previously being the scapegoat most fans at the ground have generally caught on and we've even have his name sung at multiple times this season.

It's also irrelevant what I'm selling. This is 4 managers in a row who make him a key part of the side. I strongly predict the next guy will do too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

McLean is making up for Sara dangling legs out and walking about the pitch whilst outnumbered. He's also the only player willing to drive with the ball inevitably leaving space behind when another player f*cks it up.

7 or 8 problems before you get to Kenny.

Having Kenny as Captain and CB suggests an enormous problem in Wagners and Webbers mind.

You get what you deserve. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Hes been one of our best players this season and despite previously being the scapegoat most fans at the ground have generally caught on and we've even have his name sung at multiple times this season.

It's also irrelevant what I'm selling. This is 4 managers in a row who make him a key part of the side. I strongly predict the next guy will do too.

And the next manager will find himself in the same situation unless that manager realises that he is not a defensive midfielder, him picking up the ball deeper than the centre halves is not his job and him being caught out of position continually causes a problem for the defence.

If the next manager realises that then the manager will have more success.

Playing McLean in there with someone who knows how to defend and knows how to hold position will make the side better. Stupidity is doing.the same things over and over and expecting a different result.

1 hour ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Being a qualified coach I spend a lot of time watching players rather than games and the guy is a liability.

As a team we get so exposed to the fast counter because we have no solid defensive unit.

The guy jogs about looking busy but there is no pace to his work.

He tries to find little pockets but rather than bursting into the space and making himself an option he just jogs into it and then it's obvious.

It needs pace in movement.

Sara is no better but playing both together is a problem for the formation/shape that they try to play.

Of course it's not his fault alone but produces so little that actually makes a difference.

Blimey. If Kenny caught your eye today as a liability I’m assuming you didn’t watch 6 of the other players? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Regardless of whether he should be being played there or not, the fact is that he IS being played there and must be judged as such.

We have the worst defensive record in the league ,principly because our midfield, with him in it, is systemically carved open each and every game

He's been one of our worst players, not best

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

..and if that manager does too...he will be sacked too, like the other 3 over the past 2 years

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hes been one of our best players this season

This is just such a ludicrous statement given the absolute shambles our midfield is with him at the heart. McLean's role in this current setup is absolutely central to our current plight. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Three managers.

He's been a part of one and a half successful teams in five and a half seasons. 

Maybe had one of those managers replaced him they might not have been sacked? He's seen off three managers in two years is another way of looking at it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Blimey. If Kenny caught your eye today as a liability I’m assuming you didn’t watch 6 of the other players? 

Nunez, Dimi , Sara, Onel , Duffy stank the place out. Only Hwang was worse. 

8 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Exactly. I usually switch off when someone claims parity with professional top level coaches.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

McLean is making up for Sara dangling legs out and walking about the pitch whilst outnumbered. He's also the only player willing to drive with the ball inevitably leaving space behind when another player f*cks it up.

7 or 8 problems before you get to Kenny.

Alright Jay-Z

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Petriix said:

This is just such a ludicrous statement given the absolute shambles our midfield is with him at the heart. McLean's role in this current setup is absolutely central to our current plight. 

Yep. Hoggy is doubling down rather than seeing what is blatantly in front of him.

7 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Sounds like you think he's not at fault?

Of course I watch others, Sara gives it away to much, Giannoulous gets caught out of position to much, Hernandez has one way if playing that is obvious to the anyone with a brain, well maybe a football one anyway.

I don't watch football with rose tinted glasses on and as "captain" he needs to lead from the front, he doesn't do that and he causes a lot of the problems we have.

Someone commented about when Skipp was here, he was a proper DM so allowed McLean to play with less to think about, now he has to think, he's struggling.

2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Being a qualified coach I spend a lot of time watching players rather than games and the guy is a liability.

The teams you coached didn't win much did they ? 😉

Edited by FenwayFrank
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Three managers.

He's been a part of one and a half successful teams in five and a half seasons. 

Maybe had one of those managers replaced him they might not have been sacked? He's seen off three managers in two years is another way of looking at it.

Whilst conning this club out of 2 new contracts in the process. He must have one good agent

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Whilst conning this club out of 2 new contracts in the process. He must have one good agent

I know. It depresses me that he's signed up for a long time. It will be a joyous day when he's sold to St Mirren or Dundee never to be seen in yellow and green again... but maybe Hoggy is right and he gets the Barca move his ability deserves when he leaves us.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hes been one of our best players this season 

Not sure that's much of a claim :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I know. It depresses me that he's signed up for a long time. It will be a joyous day when he's sold to St Mirren or Dundee never to be seen in yellow and green again... but maybe Hoggy is right and he gets the Barca move his ability deserves when he leaves us.

I suppose making OTT sarcastic comments is one way of going about it but not only has he been a key player under 3 managers and any interim managers, a team with a much better squad and an ex manager of ours proven at this level also came in for him.

But I'm sure they're all wrong and the PinkUn lot are spot on. It's fine, I get one manager. Possibly a second. But if someone on here believes they can judge a player better than 3 managers, all of whom have proven records at this level alongside one of those ex managers wanting him again, then fair play; you've got much bigger egos than I could possibly imagine.

• Like 1

I suppose making OTT sarcastic comments is one way of going about it but not only has he been a key player under 3 managers and any interim managers, a team with a much better squad and an ex manager of ours proven at this level also came in for him.

But I'm sure they're all wrong and the PinkUn lot are spot on. It's fine, I get one manager. Possibly a second. But if someone on here believes they can judge a player better than 3 managers, all of whom have proven records at this level alongside one of those ex managers wanting him again, then fair play; you've got much bigger egos than I could possibly imagine.

Just watch the game mate

You're speculating here, and you're quick to point it out when others do that.

Again, just coz he's been picked, it means nothing when the team has failed and those managers have been sacked. The point you are making is at best moot and at worst further vindication.

Just now, Worthy Nigelton said:

You're speculating here, and you're quick to point it out when others do that.

Again, just coz he's been picked, it means nothing when the team has failed and those managers have been sacked. The point you are making is at best moot and at worst further vindication.

I'm not really speculating when it was discussed at both Leeds media side including from their ITKs as well as our side, and directly following came ANOTHER new contract for him when he already had years left. It doesn't take a genius to realise it was clearly genuine. And considering Farke is a big Kenny fan it's hardly surprising.

Again in this setup we don't get the best out of him but clearly we don't have anyone better. And Kenny always gets the brunt from the same few posters on here despite Sara spending 70 minutes walking around and occasionally dangling a leg out.