mastoola

Wouldn't it be amazing?

If when the new  guy took over sacked Wagner and Zoe on the first day and told Webber to do one and brought in his own team?

Edited by mastoola

Don't get my hopes up, needs to get rid of the crusties also, you know who they are.

The club is moving in a different direction for sure. A shift in ownership and a new Director of Football.

The only things known about Ben Knapper, apart from his cv, are that he is young and has no direct experience in the role he is soon to assume.

Will he be ruthless or will he be cautious, that is the question?

One thing I suspect is certain though. He won't come into Carrow Road and immediately make the sweeping changes that some demand.

That would be reckless as, apart from the fact that there will always always be financial considerations paramount in any decision making, the institution as a whole is basically stable, quite set in its ways and probably only demands measured reform. He would likely last a shorter time than Jez Moxey did if he attempts to sweep all before him.

The wheels of change grind slowly at Carrow Road, but at least they are no longer grinding backwards. Something at least. 

The youth, the innovative approach and the Arsenal connections are positives for me. A demolition man would go down badly.

I suspect that the manager's days might be numbered though. There's nothing remarkable about the manner of the unfolding of his tenure. Wagner is ok, but that's it and his ideas might well not be in line with those of the new man. Who knows?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Using probabilty, I've concluded that 99% of managers days are numbered.

They get fired, very few retire.

Yeh, but probably 98.5%.

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Uh, not really. Firstly beacause we can't afford a new team or new staff, and secondly

Yeah, I'm sure selling all our players mid season is a wonderful idea 🙃

For your sake CC read the posts before you bang off a reply.

The OP said that it would be amazing if Knapper got rid of Webber and Zoe and brought his own team. By team it’s pretty obvious it means the team behind the scenes not the players.

You really do make yourself look a bit, well…….you know.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

For your sake CC read the posts before you bang off a reply.

The OP said that it would be amazing if Knapper got rid of Webber and Zoe and brought his own team. By team it’s pretty obvious it means the team behind the scenes not the players.

You really do make yourself look a bit, well…….you know.

It was 8am, I had just woken up and had not had my morning coffee yet. Thats the excuse I'm going with and I'm sticking to it 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Zoe will have been part of the team interviewing Knapper. Knapper won't have the ability to sack Zoe let alone anything else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No. Be careful what you wish for. Webber has brought great times to this club. No guarantees the new guy is going to be any good... No previous experience as a sporting director either

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

No.

Agreed. Plus it’s not going to happen, fortunately.

Quite how thoughtless to do you have to be to believe these fantasies that not winning all our games is purely the fault of a couple of figureheads and all we need to so is replace them to make everything ok?

Might as well start a thread saying wouldn’t it be amazing if we won all our games, got promoted and then won the PL next season. Except that genuinely would be amazing.

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Might as well start a thread saying wouldn’t it be amazing if we won all our games, got promoted and then won the PL next season. Except that genuinely would be amazing.

Are you suggesting this is beyond the realms of probability? BINNER :classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Zoe will have been part of the team interviewing Knapper. Knapper won't have the ability to sack Zoe let alone anything else. 

I think he was referring to Attanasio making that decision. But we all know Attanasio ain't going to stir the pot until January 2026 at te earliest. Although he might add a little seasoning.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I think he was referring to Attanasio making that decision. But we all know Attanasio ain't going to stir the pot until January 2026 at te earliest. Although he might add a little seasoning.

You would expect with his years involvement in both sport and business he'd have his own people. But will he be accused of just giving jobs to his buddies? 😉 

15 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Uh, not really. Firstly beacause we can't afford a new team or new staff, and secondly

Yeah, I'm sure selling all our players mid season is a wonderful idea 🙃

You didnt read the post.   I mean his own backroom team.

Edited by mastoola

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

You would expect with his years involvement in both sport and business he'd have his own people. But will he be accused of just giving jobs to his buddies? 😉 

Dont think he can afford that.  Must stamp total control and get rid of the past or will be seen as a sycophantic  offer to the board