Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Championship Matches Tonight

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Hull have had all the possession...has there ever been a more ordinary side at the top of this league this far into a season??

Maybe the championship will turn out to be an even worse one than last season?

Sounding a bit desperate there fella. I mean i'm not getting carried away and like i've said on here before I think we will probably drop away from the top 2 eventually, but we are far from ordinary. This is a very well coached squad of players that also have great momentum and confidence, and that can carry you a long way as you boys well know. 

We brushed aside a pretty decent and in form Hull side tonight, and made them look, well rather ordinary to be honest. Oh, and as for posession, well it ended exactly 50% each, but really, who cares? it's all about what you do in both boxes that counts. 

2 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Sounding a bit desperate there fella. I mean i'm not getting carried away and like i've said on here before I think we will probably drop away from the top 2 eventually, but we are far from ordinary. This is a very well coached squad of players that also have great momentum and confidence, and that can carry you a long way as you boys well know. 

We brushed aside a pretty decent and in form Hull side tonight, and made them look, well rather ordinary to be honest. Oh, and as for posession, well it ended exactly 50% each, but really, who cares? it's all about what you do in both boxes that counts. 

Youre nothing special....we've seen good sides in this league before, youre not one of them

All youre demonstrating is how ordinary most sides in this league currently are.....fella

Now kindly f#uck iff back to your own site

5 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Oh god they're back. Just as I got used to you lot vanishing after your Huddersfield match

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Youre nothing special....we've seen good sides in this league before, youre not one of them

All youre demonstrating is how ordinary most sides in this league currently are.....fella

Now kindly f#uck iff back to your own site

Now now, no need to be rude, anyone would think you were getting a little rattled!

I never said we were anything special,....yet, time will tell on that front. Looking forward to the derby though, are you?

• Haha 1

Went above 2 teams tonight without kicking a ball.....beat Swsnsea tomorrow (and assuming Leicester beat Preston), will be a point off third and only 6 pts off second.....and thats after an 'ok-ish' start to the season

All to play for

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh god they're back. Just as I got used to you lot vanishing after your Huddersfield match

I was here, and why wouldn't I be, a perfectly creditable point away from home. You boys got a good win as well, its all good.

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Went above 2 teams tonight without kicking a ball.....beat Swsnsea tomorrow (and assuming Leicester beat Preston), will be a point off third and only 6 pts off second.....and thats after an 'ok-ish' start to the season

All to play for

See, we did you a favour tonight, it's not all doom and gloom after all.

56 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I wonder if we'll have the East Anglian derby back as a top tier clash next season - it has been a while! 

No way will we be involved in the promotion race this season ,worst squad for many a year.

47 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

This is a very well coached squad of players that also have great momentum and confidence, and that can carry you a long way as you boys well know. 

You are certainly doing well for now and surprising many. I personally thought you may carry on the momentum from last season and you have, as we did that time ourselves when we came back up. I can also see you maintaining momentum until Christmas or when you get a significant injury or two, such as we did. 

However, if we had Barnes and Sargant in the group and not injured, I suspect you would still be looking up at us not down. 

Time will tell.

1 minute ago, BlueHope76 said:

I was here, and why wouldn't I be, a perfectly creditable point away from home. You boys got a good win as well, its all good.

To be honest BH, I don’t mind rival fans who behave like you currently are - I have a football teammate who’s a Tractor Boy, and we just respect each other’s teams. When we were in League One, there were two Leeds fans on here. One hardly posted anything but was a perfectly respectable guy. The other, who called himself “Spainboy” was constantly winding us up, saying things like “you’ll never catch us” because of Leeds’ good cup run with their win at Old Trafford. However, Leeds’ cup run proved costly for them as it provided as a distraction and Spainboy disappeared as we overtook them in the table. At the end of the season he came back under a different name and apologised to us, probably because he’d got banned

It’s far too early to be making predictions as there’s still a long way to go but if it turns out to be your season this time round, all I would say is credit to you

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, East Rider said:

You are certainly doing well for now and surprising many. I personally thought you may carry on the momentum from last season and you have, as we did that time ourselves when we came back up. I can also see you maintaining momentum until Christmas or when you get a significant injury or two, such as we did. 

However, if we had Barnes and Sargant in the group and not injured, I suspect you would still be looking up at us not down. 

Time will tell.

Sorry but get real. Sargent and Barnes aren’t enough to patch up the weaknesses in our squad. We wouldn’t be top of this league with both fit. I hate to say it but credit to Ipswich for what they’ve put together there. It reminds me of the Lambert era. I of course hope they blow up spectacularly. But right now that’s looking unlikely. 

23 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Sorry but get real. Sargent and Barnes aren’t enough to patch up the weaknesses in our squad. We wouldn’t be top of this league with both fit. I hate to say it but credit to Ipswich for what they’ve put together there. It reminds me of the Lambert era. I of course hope they blow up spectacularly. But right now that’s looking unlikely. 

If Sargent and Barnes were fit...where are the weaknesses in the squad, in your opinion?

Sargent would have comfortably got 22+ goals if he'd have been fit all season

40 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If Sargent and Barnes were fit...where are the weaknesses in the squad, in your opinion?

Sargent would have comfortably got 22+ goals if he'd have been fit all season

I’d say both Hanley and Gibson are way past their best. Both error prone. Duffy isn’t much better to be honest but is an improvement. We certainly lack pace at the back between all of them. Dimi has gladly stepped up in recent games but I was concerned about him and McCallum being good enough at left back. Many of our wing options should have been released - Placheta / Onel - offer very little bar an injection of pace. 
A lack of defensive midfielder means we are having to drop Sara too deep in certain games. Which highlights the lack of serious alternative no8. 

When our first 11 are fit we are competitive and will give all teams in the league a good game. But there’s no masking the fact that we’ve got little effective match changers off the bench. And are hit hard by just a couple of injuries. Our reliance on players in the twilight of their career will also cost us later in the season. 

Edited by S_81
  • Like 1

Ipswich really aren't that good they are just full of confidence.

Preston have made a great start to the season too but no one thinks they are top 2 quality

Ipswich are better than I thought but no higher than 4th

7 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

Ipswich really aren't that good they are just full of confidence.

Preston have made a great start to the season too but no one thinks they are top 2 quality

Ipswich are better than I thought but no higher than 4th

Probably an element of truth to that, and i'd take 4th all day long.A part of me doesn't want to go up as we would in all likelihood be getting spanked every week. Being a good Championship side and playing great football feels like more fun, the problem being that football never stands still and KcKenna will no doubt end up in the Premier League sooner or later with or without us.. 

9 hours ago, City 101 said:

No way will we be involved in the promotion race this season ,worst squad for many a year.

Not true, you have a very decent squad from what I can see.

8 hours ago, East Rider said:

Time will tell.

I don''t disagree, not sure you'd be above us but certainly a lot closer with Barnes and Sargant. You still have a lot of good players and I expect come the end of the season there wont be much between us. Would genuinely love to see both sides go up but not sure I could handle a play-off final if it came to it. That would be unbearable! 

10 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

To be honest BH, I don’t mind rival fans who behave like you currently are - I have a football teammate who’s a Tractor Boy, and we just respect each other’s teams. When we were in League One, there were two Leeds fans on here. One hardly posted anything but was a perfectly respectable guy. The other, who called himself “Spainboy” was constantly winding us up, saying things like “you’ll never catch us” because of Leeds’ good cup run with their win at Old Trafford. However, Leeds’ cup run proved costly for them as it provided as a distraction and Spainboy disappeared as we overtook them in the table. At the end of the season he came back under a different name and apologised to us, probably because he’d got banned

It’s far too early to be making predictions as there’s still a long way to go but if it turns out to be your season this time round, all I would say is credit to you

Cheers. I am not here to wind people up, just offer a persepctive from over the border from time to time. I respect the fact that I am on the board of our biggest rivals so expect to cop some flack a fair bit of the time. Par for the course I guess.

Edited by BlueHope76
  • Like 2

Suppose the most interesting thing to see will be if they can keep up the momentum. After all coming into the season they were no doubt told their main goal was to avoid relegation and anything else was a bonus.

And now similar to Preston they find themselves top of the table after a decent run of results. Somewhere they never expected to be and now they have a full fanbase to try and please.

Of course the difference is preston fans will happily tell you that they know they're in a false position and will drop out of it soon enough.

But we've already had the binners on here telling us they have one of the best managers the world has ever seen and how they are now the 'kings of east anglia on the rise taking over from you and soon for promotion' blah blah blah.

Issue with that is now they have expectations. All it will take is an injury or two to a key player, a loss and then another loss as the fatigue and tiredness kicks in for the boos to ring out and then the pressure hits and well, will they handle it or will they crumble?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Trouble is our own fanbase has 'previous' in going overboard when things are going well and instant meltdown when we lose 6-2. I'm sure fans from other clubs aren't any different. 

I have an Ipswich friend/neighbour, lovely man, and 2 friends of friend who support Tarn. All are well grounded long term fans and all fully expected to do very well this season. I've been hearing it all summer, so I'm not at all surprised they are where they are!

As mentioned, there's a long way to go yet but it's starting to look as though it will be the same as last season with two dominant teams with the rest equally good, or crap enough, to take points off each other. 

Our turn tonight.

29 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Suppose the most interesting thing to see will be if they can keep up the momentum. After in coming into the season they were no doubt told their main goal was to avoid relegation and anything else was a bonus.

And now similar to Preston they find themselves top of the table after a decent run of results. Somewhere they never expected to be and now they have a full fanbase to try and please.

Of course the difference is preston fans will happily tell you that they know they're in a false position and will drop out of it soon enough.

But we've already had the binners on here telling us they have one of the best managers the world has ever seen and how they are now the 'kings of east anglia on the rise taking over from you and soon for promotion' blah blah blah.

Issue with that is now they have expectations. All it will take is an injury or two to a key player, a loss and then another loss as the fatigue and tiredness kicks in for the boos to ring out and then the pressure hits and well, will they handle it or will they crumble?

Have you ignored all of my posts on this thread? There are always going to be a few idots with unrealistic expectations within any fan base but most of ours do not genuninely expect us to remain in the top 2 for the whole season. We know we are going to lose a few games on the spin at some point and only the most idiotic will start booing. After the horrendous years spent under Marcus Evans we are just glad to have our football club back to being respectable again.  

34 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Have you ignored all of my posts on this thread?

There's every chance he has, yes. Not so much with the reading.

There's been a few trolling Ipswich fans on this forum recently. But your comments have been very measured and reasonable. I for one have appreciated them.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

There's every chance he has, yes. Not so much with the reading.

There's been a few trolling Ipswich fans on this forum recently. But your comments have been very measured and reasonable. I for one have appreciated them.

Binner.

(Thought I'd save you the trouble, @cambridgeshire canary)

• Haha 1