Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Average Away Followings This Season

Obviously ours will take a dip on Wednesday but we normally have very decent numbers at Coventry to boost it back up. Anyone going to both matches before the dreaded International break? 

Average Away Following Club
3827 Sunderland
2663 Ipswich Town
2429 Sheffield Wednesday
2421 Coventry City
2264 Middlesbrough
2257 Leeds
2226 Birmingham City
2203 Plymouth Argile
2159 Leicester
2128 West Bromwich Albion
2016 Preston North End
1857 Watford
1846 Bristol City
1811 Southampton
1809 Norwich City
1534 Stoke City
1527 Queens Park Rangers
1356 Hull City
1343 Cardiff City
1256 Blackburn Rovers
1220 Swansea City
999 Millwall
995 Rotherham United
959 Huddersfield Town

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Our numbers declined during the Hughton era and even during the good times with Farke haven’t recovered to the Lambert levels. Disappointing to see us languishing quite so low .

Irrelevant until all games have been played and the miles clocked up travelling to far flung parts of the country.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

Our numbers declined during the Hughton era and even during the good times with Farke haven’t recovered to the Lambert levels. Disappointing to see us languishing quite so low .

To be fair we’ve had some long journeys in there, including Plymouth and several Yorkshire trips.  Pretty sure we sold the allocation at Rovrum and Plymouth.  
It’s not a meaningful stat on a sample of just 4 games.

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

To be fair we’ve had some long journeys in there, including Plymouth and several Yorkshire trips.  Pretty sure we sold the allocation at Rovrum and Plymouth.  

Great effort by Plymouth fans though regardless how early into the season we are. 

47 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Great effort by Plymouth fans though regardless how early into the season we are. 

I don’t actually think I believe these figures.  Only league games should count for consistency’s sake - and per the match reports we took 2212 to Rotherham, 2100 to Saints, 1622 to Plymouth. I can’t see Hudds but for our average to be 1809 it would mean only 1300 were there, which seems rather low. I dare say if they are iffy for us they are for all, but an average of about 2000 is good for any side given the cost these days.

And  Sunderland fans must be that little bit bonkers…I wasn’t aware many grounds could take over 3800 away fans let alone it be their average (3605 were at Hillsborough for a Friday night)

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 3

Poor to see us so low in the table. I suspect this is something to do with Zoe Webber, corporate governance, minority shareholders not being able to enjoy a family day out, the away membership fee, resignation to our fate as a mid-table championship side (at best) and fans having to pay inflated travel prices to subsidise Delia’s aeroplanes and wine. And Tom’s Galway Roast deal. And Naismith. Probably.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I'm hoping not many people want to go to Sunderland away as I'm in group 5! As I'll be 10 miles away I'll go whatever. Just hope I can behave in the home end if it comes to that!

8 hours ago, The Raptor said:

I'm hoping not many people want to go to Sunderland away as I'm in group 5! As I'll be 10 miles away I'll go whatever. Just hope I can behave in the home end if it comes to that!

I hate sitting in the home end at away games. Better than nothing but having to sit on your hands is terrible.

11 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t actually think I believe these figures.  Only league games should count for consistency’s sake - and per the match reports we took 2212 to Rotherham, 2100 to Saints, 1622 to Plymouth. I can’t see Hudds but for our average to be 1809 it would mean only 1300 were there, which seems rather low. I dare say if they are iffy for us they are for all, but an average of about 2000 is good for any side given the cost these days.

And  Sunderland fans must be that little bit bonkers…I wasn’t aware many grounds could take over 3800 away fans let alone it be their average (3605 were at Hillsborough for a Friday night)

Plymouth's capacity meant that was all we were allowed. We had three tickets and wanted one more but they were sold out.

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

We had three tickets and wanted one more but they were sold out.

Does the fourth person know how lucky they were?!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Irrelevant until all games have been played and the miles clocked up travelling to far flung parts of the country.

20 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Exactly this. Means very little with such a small sample.

19 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Poor to see us so low in the table. I suspect this is something to do with Zoe Webber, corporate governance, minority shareholders not being able to enjoy a family day out, the away membership fee, resignation to our fate as a mid-table championship side (at best) and fans having to pay inflated travel prices to subsidise Delia’s aeroplanes and wine. And Tom’s Galway Roast deal. And Naismith. Probably.

Its all Idahs fault!