CANARYKING

Where’s all the money gone?

I don't think we should ever acuse Delia and Michael of scheming money. They only want the best for this club. Football decisions will grade them. With Stuart it is classed as a fail. From what I hear MA is no better than what Ipswich have currently as owners. Another money man 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

I don't think we should ever acuse Delia and Michael of scheming money. They only want the best for this club. Football decisions will grade them. With Stuart it is classed as a fail. From what I hear MA is no better than what Ipswich have currently as owners. Another money man 

So should we have asked himto come on board?

Just now, Unthink road said:

This club would be worse of without them. How we move on is worrying. Good or bad 

totally agree   but maybe its time to find out

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So should we have asked himto come on board?

I don't think so. MA would be a mess. He has tried to get into football before, he is a chance. People in USA are on the edge with his financial position. He's not a maverick nor instigator. He will come out on top whatever

18 hours ago, benchwarmer said:

For years the club's financial 'strategy' has consisted largely of gambling on an immediate return to the Prem so that we can cop another load of parachute money instead of trying to stay up.  Last season the chickens came home to roost.

That's basically the long and short of it. 

I'm not sure if there has ever been another club in the history of the game which doesn't like the league it is supposedly trying to get promoted to, but I'm prepared to be corrected. 

18 hours ago, Unthink road said:

As opposed to a non money duo? 

1 hour ago, komakino said:

As opposed to a non money duo? 

Do you think he is going to spend tens of millions? He is a clever businessman. He currently runs a baseball team that from what I hear is run on a budget. He may be astute within baseball with its own governance. I worry football is a different beast and he knows this. He could turn out to be the greatest thing for this club. If he does take control obviously we all hope so. 

4 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

Do you think he is going to spend tens of millions? He is a clever businessman. He currently runs a baseball team that from what I hear is run on a budget. He may be astute within baseball with its own governance. I worry football is a different beast and he knows this. He could turn out to be the greatest thing for this club. If he does take control obviously we all hope so. 

I don't think he is going to spend tens of millions, but hopefully he will spend some millions and bring a positive attitude to the club instead of the parochialism that currently exists. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, komakino said:

I don't think he is going to spend tens of millions, but hopefully he will spend some millions and bring a positive attitude to the club instead of the parochialism that currently exists. 

I really hope whatever happens, this club and fans unite. I don't think it's parochialism, just a couple who felt they could do some good in an ever changing world. I like their honesty, but maybe it is time for change. I just don't know. Spending money may have a temporary positivity, keeping that spending up is then going to be essential to maintain where fans expectations are. I'm always of the belief that as long as the football is mostly good, then promotions and top flight will follow. I really do believe our club is growing, the atmosphere the younger fans bring is fantastic. The City Elite lads are what gives me positivity, are new generation who want to support the team even when we're second best. My outlook on football has changed recently. I used to think getting aggressive meant you cared more about your team. Modern day football has shown you can have a great day out with family and friends, safely. 

For me the the club is in safe hands with the fans. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, komakino said:

Spending other people's money is the easiest game in town.

• Like 2

Can we have some sort of forum constitution that includes everyone who asks "where's all the money gone NEYUL?!!" is automatically responded to with an image of and a link to the annual reports along with the following:

"Please point on the annual report where Delia and Michael hurt you."

It is more than tedious. It makes our fans look like numpties. May as well add flat earth and other such conspiracies to it whilst you're there.

• Like 1

Been kinda working this out.  A directors box ticket is 10k a year.  lets not even talk about private jets to games. So how much would their bill be over the time they bought the club for 1 pound?

Edited by mastoola

4 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Been kinda working this out.  A directors box ticket is 10k a year.  lets not even talk about private jets to games. So how much would their bill be over the time they bought the club for 1 pound?

Where are these private jets in the accounts? When did they buy the club for 1 pound? Just because you make something up doesn’t mean it’s true…

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Where are these private jets in the accounts? When did they buy the club for 1 pound? Just because you make something up doesn’t mean it’s true…

how much did they pay for the club?

26 minutes ago, chicken said:

Can we have some sort of forum constitution that includes everyone who asks "where's all the money gone NEYUL?!!" is automatically responded to with an image of and a link to the annual reports along with the following:

"Please point on the annual report where Delia and Michael hurt you."

It is more than tedious. It makes our fans look like numpties. May as well add flat earth and other such conspiracies to it whilst you're there.

Er, the earth IS flat, everyone knows that, the firmament is there! You just have to look hard enough 

However many shares they have acquired plus what Watling walleted. 
Or whatever you want to make up…

Edited by nutty nigel

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Er, the earth IS flat, everyone knows that, the firmament is there! You just have to look hard enough 

Easy    the money has gone on and only gone gone on financing the club. There is no conspiracy about people taking money from the club. Its just the people who own the club cannot afford to own the club and they are running into the ground to keep control

Just now, mastoola said:

Easy    the money has gone on and only gone  on financing the club. There is no conspiracy about people taking money from the club. Its just the people who own the club cannot afford to own the club and they are running into the ground to keep control

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

Easy    the money has gone on and only gone gone on financing the club. There is no conspiracy about people taking money from the club. Its just the people who own the club cannot afford to own the club and they are running into the ground to keep control

Yeah but the earth is still flat mateyroo 😂

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Yeah but the earth is still flat mateyroo 😂

does this make me woke 😄

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mastoola said:

What do you expect from a former binner! She only bought the club to ruin it! See her with her binners rosette!

4AC70586-CFD3-4496-8B06-F85D3E3D92F4.jpeg

😉😉

Edited by Indy

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

What do you expect from a former binner! She only bought the club to ruin it! See her with her binners rosette!

4AC70586-CFD3-4496-8B06-F85D3E3D92F4.jpeg

i have no worries that she has the best interest of the club at heart. however she doesn't have the best interest at the club at heart  time to let go

Edited by mastoola

On 23/09/2023 at 21:47, Unthink road said:

This club would be worse of without them. How we move on is worrying. Good or bad 

It’s exciting, what’s the alternative? I don’t think many sane minded supporters would want Tom to run the show after the pensioners call it quits (as we were informed would happen not so long ago) 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s exciting, what’s the alternative? I don’t think many sane minded supporters would want Tom to run the show after the pensioners call it quits (as we were informed would happen not so long ago) 

Just tell the world "i want to sell the club"

Oh, if only the club was compelled to document where the money has gone and present this to the shareholders at a meeting. Perhaps we could call the document the annual accounts and the meeting the annual general meeting. There could even be questions. How about that as an idea?

Just now, BigFish said:

Oh, if only the club was compelled to document where the money has gone and present this to the shareholders at a meeting. Perhaps we could call the document the annual accounts and the meeting the annual general meeting. There could even be questions. How about that as an idea?

Screw that    just tell the world you want to sell the club