Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

Cameron Newark RIP

He was the guy who asked all the difficult questions at the AGM for many years and as Dale Gordon's schoolteacher was a big influence upon Dale.

• Like 1

The last of the Holy Trinity of the AGM's has sadly passed.

Cameron Newark,David Bately and Peter Wolsey.

No more pressing questions for the top table regarding the luke warm sausage rolls in the South Stand.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

No more pressing questions for the top table regarding the luke warm sausage rolls in the South Stand.

This time round he would probably query the price increase for sausage rolls according to the guy who sits in front of me.

27 minutes ago, essex canary said:

This time round he would probably query the price increase for sausage rolls according to the guy who sits in front of me.

You do pick up some useful info, eavesdropping on those around you don't you.?... a real man of the people ( as long as those people are related). 

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You do pick up some useful info, eavesdropping on those around you don't you.?... a real man of the people ( as long as those people are related). 

No eavesdropping. He was talking directly to me. No relation to me either though a fellow bean counter who equally reaffirms that the beans don't add up to what they should.

Who has stolen the beans?

Edited by essex canary

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

RIP Mr Newark.

The AGM characters are disappearing like the stars of Dad's Army. At least we've still got Pike...

We need to bring in the Wacky Racers. Calling @Mutley.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

No eavesdropping. He was talking directly to me. No relation to me either though a fellow bean counter who equally reaffirms that the beans don't add up to what they should.

Stolen is quite a strong accusation.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

You should be glad there is somebody prepared to talk to you.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Stolen is quite a strong accusation.  

You are right. Perhaps I should tone it down to misappropriated? Though could still be legal.

Edited by essex canary

48 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You are right. Perhaps I should tone it down to misappropriated? Though could still be legal.

Oh just fack off you  slimy shoitestirrer . 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Oh just fack off you  slimy shoitestirrer . 

I think you should say what you really feel Corkio! 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I think you should say what you really feel Corkio! 

He's a Pustule on the 'arris of this forum, leaking green septic gunk as it moves, Chickeno has him sussed too. I'm amazed at how many posters humour the Toad. He is poisonous  and as such should be lanced, drained and then forgotten once the damage he has caused has healed. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

He's a Pustule on the 'arris of this forum, leaking green septic gunk as it moves, Chickeno has him sussed too. I'm amazed at how many posters humour the Toad. He is poisonous  and as such should be lanced, drained and then forgotten once the damage he has caused has healed. 

Let it all.out Corkio! 😉 😜 

18 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Let it all.out Corkio! 😉😜 

The pus ?  I fear antibiotics are not strong enough to deal with this level of infection. So more radical measures are needed. 

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Indeed, I remember them all! PW certainly had ideas above his station but was a character for all that. Will be interesting to see how the 'EGM' goes. Any comment remotely resembling 'contention' will receive the usual glare of disdain from a certain person for sure. 

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Indeed, I remember them all! PW certainly had ideas above his station but was a character for all that. Will be interesting to see how the 'EGM' goes. Any comment remotely resembling 'contention' will receive the usual glare of disdain from a certain person for sure. 

Well done for bringing this thread back to it's title following the mental health therapy session.

Very sad news indeed. Cameron was a wonderfully eccentric Englishman who sat in front of me in the old South Stand for many years. These were the days before mobile communications technology and Cameron always kept a large transistor radio in his brown leather satchel on match days and could be seen listening to what was going on in other matches on the day. 

Unlike the homogenised society we now live in, Cameron was a bit of a tour de force in his own right because his character traits stood out and I will always remember the way he disarmed away fans when he got into conversation with them. These were the days when the odd away fans sometimes got to sit in the home areas and people were allowed to enjoy the aroma of cigar smoke drifting across the stand.

Cameron was a great enthusiast who kicked every ball when he watched football. He would frequently call out the instructions to the players. These were the days when Norwich City were one of the best teams in the land and when Norwich held a slender lead going into the final stages of a game, Cameron could be heard shouting: "Every man to his post". And Ian Butterworth was "Butterscotch". Or another one of his favourite one-liners when approaching the interval was: "Come on Norwich, let's have one before half-time".

He was very proud of the hand he played in getting Dale Gordon to sign for the club and boy, what a player. Along with Flecky he remains my all-time favourite.

With his trademark raincoat, leather satchel and black horn-rimmed glasses, Cameron was an unmistakable character in our Canary community and will be sorely missed by all who knew him. RIP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Very sad news indeed. Cameron was a wonderfully eccentric Englishman who sat in front of me in the old South Stand for many years. These were the days before mobile communications technology and Cameron always kept a large transistor radio in his brown leather satchel on match days and could be seen listening to what was going on in other matches on the day. 

Unlike the homogenised society we now live in, Cameron was a bit of a tour de force in his own right because his character traits stood out and I will always remember the way he disarmed away fans when he got into conversation with them. These were the days when the odd away fans sometimes got to sit in the home areas and people were allowed to enjoy the aroma of cigar smoke drifting across the stand.

Cameron was a great enthusiast who kicked every ball when he watched football. He would frequently call out the instructions to the players. These were the days when Norwich City were one of the best teams in the land and when Norwich held a slender lead going into the final stages of a game, Cameron could be heard shouting: "Every man to his post". And Ian Butterworth was "Butterscotch". Or another one of his favourite one-liners when approaching the interval was: "Come on Norwich, let's have one before half-time".

He was very proud of the hand he played in getting Dale Gordon to sign for the club and boy, what a player. Along with Flecky he remains my all-time favourite.

With his trademark raincoat, leather satchel and black horn-rimmed glasses, Cameron was an unmistakable character in our Canary community and will be sorely missed by all who knew him. RIP.

Great stuff. A tribute to a true NCFC supporter from another true NCFC supporter and not afraid to call a spade a spade in this earthy part of the land.

18 hours ago, essex canary said:

For goodness sake!  You may not like what the accounts say or how the club is run but there is a professional audit every year and the accounts are signed off by a reputable accountant. Do you think they'd all risk jail in a huge conspiracy. 

Absolutely ridiculous 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Cameron used to sit in front of me in the South Stand too. I hadn’t seen him for some time, certainly for most if not all of last season, and wondered if he was ill.

I loved that transistor radio that never failed to emerge from the brown leather briefcase he always carried. I always wondered how he could hear anything on it as on the rare occasions I’ve tried to use one in the ground it was always drowned out by static. I knew he’d been a teacher in Gt Yarmouth and he usually left a few minutes early to catch his train if I remember correctly.

He always made us smile as for years he’d shout out, “ Put the kettle on Delia “ around ten minutes from the end of the game. I doubt she heard him.

A lovely old eccentric. RIP Cameron.

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Does anyone know if the sausage rolls got better?

Dearer.......

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Does anyone know if the sausage rolls got better?

They certainly look a lot better at my local country park. I will ask the guy in front of me at CR if he actually bought one at the 40% plus enhanced price though I think he was implying that he wouldn't be prepared to pay it even if he has done in the past.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

They certainly look a lot better at my local country park. I will ask the guy in front of me at CR if he actually bought one at the 40% plus enhanced price though I think he was implying that he wouldn't be prepared to pay it even if he has done in the past.

Can you also check the price comparison with you local country park?

20 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

And pray report on the quality of any accompanying football entertainment in relation to the local country park

29 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Need to check it out. Don't think it is cheap their either but I would say more in keeping in terms of appearance with the likes of the Delia's pies of old so the quality aspect comes in too.