Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

TNC's Jack Reeve Stranded

On 29/08/2023 at 21:04, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I went to Croatia a couple of months ago and the standard and safety of driving was one of the best I've experienced. Italy is worse, Albania much worse and the less said about India the better.

You can probably add the UK to that list

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’d be disappointed if there’s not a book out soon regarding this adventure. At the very least a podcast special with a Q&A opportunity for the viewers. 

Maybe he could get another intrepid explorer  , someone who understands the trauma he went through ... Ranulph Fiennes or Andy McNabb perhaps... theyre 3 of a kind and  can imagine Andy and Ranulph being transfixed by his account of how he battled the odds  to walk 500 m and order a cold  beer and a Pizza, before getting on t' internet and rearranging his passage home , using only a credit card he made from the spleen of a Tiger that he'd  killed barehanded( I made the last bit up) .... the barehanded bit, he killed it by making it watch TNC for 3 hours solid. 

• Haha 1

Forget a book and podcast this story is crying out to be made into a movie. Not some crappy one that goes straight to Ch 5 with actors no one knows but a full on Hollywood special. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

He's  hardly been falsely  incarcerated    in a Thai Jail has he? Mildly inconvenienced is all. Grow some.  Hard times make strong people.  Sounds like a few on here are liable to melt in a slightly raised temperature.  Bring back National Service. 

Eh? Where did I mention his actual incident in my post? I’m talking about the strange levels of bitterness with some people on this thread.

Fair enough if you don’t like someone, but I can’t quite understand the spite when they’ve clearly not done anything to deserve it. 

Not sure the size of my testes has anything to do with it either but thank you for your concern.

Wow, how has this made the Evening News?  Journo gets minorly inconvenienced and has to stay in a hotel an extra day, catch a bus and train home, no doubt flashing his credit card to pay for everything.  Then celebrates as if he's crossed the Sahara on foot....

When faced with something similar years ago, with little money left, I hitched my way across Germany, slept in a railway station waiting room and roughed it all the way back. Met some brilliant people on the way and restored my faith in humanity and it made the trip extra special, unforgettable in fact.  Jack will have forgotten his "hardship" pretty soon, if he hasn't already. 

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Wow, how has this made the Evening News?  Journo gets minorly inconvenienced and has to stay in a hotel an extra day, catch a bus and train home, no doubt flashing his credit card to pay for everything.  Then celebrates as if he's crossed the Sahara on foot....

When faced with something similar years ago, with little money left, I hitched my way across Germany, slept in a railway station waiting room and roughed it all the way back. Met some brilliant people on the way and restored my faith in humanity and it made the trip extra special, unforgettable in fact.  Jack will have forgotten his "hardship" pretty soon, if he hasn't already. 

And if you criticize the precious online darlings these days they are victims of cyber bullying! poor loves.  

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Impressive Lakey, I hope no lorry drivers asked for a favour for giving you lifts. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Looking at his social media posts and cross referencing your comments here and I just have no clue what you’re going on about. He seems to be making light of the whole thing?

I do agree I’ve no idea why this story is newsworthy, but I don’t see what the lad has done wrong in posting about it on his own profile / seeing if anyone has any tips? Pretty normal behaviour I’d say.

Seems like you’re getting rather wound up over absolutely nothing…

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Criticise for what exactly?

Thats my point - maybe I could have worded it better - apologies. 

If you "comment" on their content could have been better - but they perceive that as criticism. that was my point

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Eh? Where did I mention his actual incident in my post? I’m talking about the strange levels of bitterness with some people on this thread.

Fair enough if you don’t like someone, but I can’t quite understand the spite when they’ve clearly not done anything to deserve it. 

Not sure the size of my testes has anything to do with it either but thank you for your concern.

😀😀😀 dear oh Lord!! What a sensitive bunch of flowers we are nowadays.  I was commenting that peeps should grow some, not that they weren't big enough, they don't seem to have any at all.  I couldn't care less about what some arriswipe attention seeking internet tw@ does or says, what I find hysterical is the handwringing and attempted 'calling out ' of a few people  having a laugh  at someone else's very slight misfortune. Ooh yeah let's all get offended on someone else's behalf. Those nasty men finding  humour in minor adversity. 

God help us if the shoite ever really hits the fan. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

😀😀😀 dear oh Lord!! What a sensitive bunch of flowers we are nowadays.  I was commenting that peeps should grow some, not that they weren't big enough, they don't seem to have any at all.  I couldn't care less about what some arriswipe attention seeking internet tw@ does or says, what I find hysterical is the handwringing and attempted 'calling out ' of a few people  having a laugh  at someone else's very slight misfortune. Ooh yeah let's all get offended on someone else's behalf. Those nasty men finding  humour in minor adversity. 

Getting stranded in a foreign country isn't "very slight misfortune" and laughing at anyone else's misfortune, however slight, is a massive indicator of just how much of a ****e you are. 

2 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

You can probably add the UK to that list

You can definitely add Bolton to that list.

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Thats my point - maybe I could have worded it better - apologies. 

If you "comment" on their content could have been better - but they perceive that as criticism. that was my point

Yup,  we should be all " well done for trying "  , it's like half the Fackin forum went to Steiner Schools.  Aaaaanyway I'm sure he'll get a heros welcome....open top bus and parade through the City for returning  in one piece  after such an ordeal. 

13 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

This! 

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Getting stranded in a foreign country isn't "very slight misfortune" and laughing at anyone else's misfortune, however slight, is a massive indicator of just how much of a ****e you are. 

Yeah ,poor lad , he must be traumatised...but not as much as those who have listen to other  people, who are not at all fussed about some geezer having a little delay .

Laughable level of misguided snowflakery. 

Stranded?.... he was delayed a few days, doubt he went without food  drink or shelter. I hope that this is the worst misfortune he ever has to suffer, little brave soldier. 

Go shout at someone who cares. Tw@. 

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It really is a slight misfortune, its hardly war torn, or subject to a natural disaster. 

inconvenient yes, but thats as far as it goes. 

Some people are really suffering out there. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Please calm down, I’m struggling to remember who the ‘offended’ one is supposed to be!

As I said I’m all for good natured ribbing (and there has been some of that in this thread), but the posts I highlighted seemed more malicious than playful. 

If Michael Bailey was stranded abroad there would be absolutely zero posts on here mocking him. Because it wouldn’t be funny. So why is it funny for Jack? Hmmmm

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yeah ,poor lad , he must be traumatised...but not as much as those who have listen to other  people, who are not at all fussed about some geezer having a little delay .

Laughable level of misguided snowflakery. 

Stranded?.... he was delayed a few days, doubt he went without food  drink or shelter. I hope that this is the worst misfortune he ever has to suffer, little brave soldier. 

Go shout at someone who cares. Tw@. 

The loss of significant sums of money is massively traumatising, which is something a huge number of people are going through given the circumstances of the last few days. It's one thing to find it unremarkable. You don't need to feel sorry for him or anyone else caught up in it. It's another entirely to find it funny. Money troubles is one of the most significant causes of stress and anxiety around. 

Trying to suggest it's anything other than you being a deplorable human - and then trying to justify calling you out on it is "snowflakery" wtf that even is - is just another example of what a vile individual you are. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow

19 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Please calm down, I’m struggling to remember who the ‘offended’ one is supposed to be!

As I said I’m all for good natured ribbing (and there has been some of that in this thread), but the posts I highlighted seemed more malicious than playful. 

If Michael Bailey was stranded abroad there would be absolutely zero posts on here mocking him. Because it wouldn’t be funny. So why is it funny for Jack? Hmmmm

I'd  mock anyone who made a fuss out of such a run of the mill hiccup , sure it's a pain in the butt, but he'll   get over It, hopefully without counselling.  

I'm as calm as Barton Broad on a midsummer dawn.  

19 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The loss of significant sums of money is massively traumatising, which is something a huge number of people are going through given the circumstances of the last few days. It's one thing to find it unremarkable. You don't need to feel sorry for him or anyone else caught up in it. It's another entirely to find it funny. Money troubles is one of the most significant causes of stress and anxiety around. 

Trying to suggest it's anything other than you being a deplorable human - and then trying to justify calling you out on it is "snowflakery" wtf that even is - is just another example of what a vile individual you are. 

Yeah Yeah, I'm so vile. Its already been explained that he won't be out of pocket.  Btw I'd feel for anyone suffering genuine hardship, my vileness doesnt like it but I fight it back.   I save my vileness  for having a harmless chuckle at someone mildly inconvenienced and even moreso for those who try to make a big deal out of fack all. .....which is what is known as Snowflakery.... consider yourself educated, seeing as you were previously ignorant  of its meaning.  Get off your high horse and drink your milk. 

He wasnt stranded. 
He had to use the European transport network to get home. 
No hardship no drama. 
It happened to many others this week who may not have been able to afford the alternative. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I'm sorry, but £1,600 to him is probably at worst a month's wages, he'd have spent some of that just living over here as normal anyway, so probably a little over £1,300 down. He's a young man with at least two sources of income. He was joking about most of his misadventures, he can take a mild ribbing from people on this forum (it's probably where he gets most of his material for his podcasts from so he is probably glad of the banter).

Just compare his recent first world problem to the complete snarl's up the govt. has made of universal credit and the impact that has on people's lives every ****ing single day. Jack was fair game, end of. #headshaking emoji

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I'm sorry, but £1,600 to him is probably at worst a month's wages, he'd have spent some of that just living over here as normal anyway, so probably a little over £1,300 down. He's a young man with at least two sources of income. He was joking about most of his misadventures, he can take a mild ribbing from people on this forum (it's probably where he gets most of his material for his podcasts from so he is probably glad of the banter).

Just compare his recent first world problem to the complete snarl's up the govt. has made of universal credit and the impact that has on people's lives every ****ing single day. Jack was fair game, end of. #headshaking emoji

This - Again! 

People need some perspective. 

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

So just to be clear, the most abusive poster on this forum is getting upset because of a few soft digs on this thread? You couldn’t make it up. 

You can and he did!! Even claimed  not to know what a Snowflake is. It's been hilarious. Like watching a kid throw a tantrum , which can also be quite  amusing. Quite happy to be a vile and deplorable human, if  Terminally Tw@tish is the alternative.  

4 minutes ago, percy varco said:

He wasnt stranded. 
He had to use the European transport network to get home. 
No hardship no drama. 
It happened to many others this week who may not have been able to afford the alternative. 

Some sense in a sea of madness. 

Here’s a young fit adult bloke with presumably no children, elderly relatives in tow and no health worries who has to make alternative arrangements to get home. No doubt this wasn’t his first trip abroad. He’s a savvy computer literate journalist ffs. 

OK he’s got to do battle with the budget airlines over compensation ( good luck with that  ) but to make it sound as though he’d missed the last chopper out of Saigon is gilding the lily a little I’d say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I'd  mock anyone who made a fuss out of such a run of the mill hiccup , sure it's a pain in the butt, but he'll   get over It, hopefully without counselling.  

I'm as calm as Barton Broad on a midsummer dawn.  

But that’s the thing I just don’t really feel like he’s made a big deal about it. Have you read his actual posts? They all read very light hearted about the whole thing. It’s not surprising to me that a bloke with a social media problem posts on social media about his misfortune (however severe or not that issue is). It doesn’t mean he’s crying out for sympathy, and he certainly isn’t the one who wrote the articles!